Some other TLK fans hate Kion/The Lion Guard? WHY?

Re: Some other TLK fans hate Kion/The Lion Guard? WHY?

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » March 13th, 2016, 8:44 pm

Ignore them. They're part of the fan"DUMB", but not the TRUE fans. They just like using nostalgia as a weapon to hate on anything new, just like other people do. It's as if nostalgia lost it's true meaning long ago, when it really just meant reminiscing about the good old days...

I agree though, they shouldn't be ripping those who like the show/movie apart for having a different opinion, but then again EVERY fandumb nowadays does that. Cause you know "IF I DON'T LIKE IT, NOBODY CAN/SHOULD!!!11!!!!1". It's just the Internet in a nutshell.

But what makes me sad is that, if they set themselves up for another theatrical release (a lion king movie that actually continues the story) and they manage to gather Lebo M, Hans Zimmer, and some of the original cast as well as make the movie the traditional 2D animation and whatnot, that if they announce that TLG is canon and release a trailer that shows them, then i fear regardless if they had the good stuff back, people wouldn't watch it simply because they hated TLG and everything about it, and then the movie would potentially flop depending on how many of these doofuses hate TLG. Effectively taking a dump on everything Disney worked hard to do...

It's happened before unjustly, but not with Disney. I hope it never does though, because fandom's have more power than you think.
KionofTheLionGuard
I protect the Pridelands,

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

My Family, and the Circle of Life!

Pride Points: 17

Postby Hatari05 » March 14th, 2016, 6:28 pm

Trust me when I say this I don't work that way despite not caring for the show it hasn't stopped me from writing stories about the characters one of which I might be posting soon. I enjoy Kion as a character and the idea of him and the guard being able to thrive in a LK movie is an idea that actually appeals to me. If the team for either one of the movies came back I would be on board, because it would be free of its preschool target audience which is my main flaw freeing it from that is all I would need to be convinced to watch the movie.

Your comment about not hating on those who like the show is a little hypocritical, since you do exactly that to the people who don't like it. I can't speak for everyone here but nostalgia has nothing to do it, I absolutely hate when something is embraced or considered untouchable just because of nostalgia, I don't think anything should be judged that way and hate when it happens. My problems with the show stem from the fact that it doesn't have what I liked about the movies in the first place, the strong if not flawed character arcs. Watching Simba overcome his guilt for his father's death, watching Kovu turn away from Scar's legacy, watching Simba struggle and rise beyond his own hatred. The relationship between father and son or father and daughter. The intriguing dynamic between Simba and the villains which I have already gone into before. The Shakespeare like story elements the themes of letting go, of revenge and forgiveness. Everything I loved about the movies isn't in the show.

Fans stick with their franchise more often than not the SW prequels were divisive and mixed didn't stop people from watching TCW and TFA. Everyone and their dog complained about AOU (unjustly and rather hypocritically) they're still going to watch CW and IW. Fans can have power but not often look at things like the X men franchise or transformers fans are hardly universally accepting of those franchise but they continue. A franchise can survive a divisive installment, LG may be divided but if a movie comes out and is marketed well people will see it, don't let yourself worry too much.
Hatari05

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): you can just call me Hatari for short
Pride Points: 26

Postby HereWeStand » March 18th, 2016, 4:34 pm

[quote="KionofTheLionGuard"]Ignore them. They're part of the fan"DUMB", but not the TRUE fans.[/quote]

I didn't know you have to meet a specific quota to be a fan of TLK, how enlightening that I'm not a Lion King fan after all. :)

[quote="Hatari05"]My problems with the show stem from the fact that it doesn't have what I liked about the movies in the first place, the strong if not flawed character arcs. Watching Simba overcome his guilt for his father's death, watching Kovu turn away from Scar's legacy, watching Simba struggle and rise beyond his own hatred. The relationship between father and son or father and daughter. The intriguing dynamic between Simba and the villains which I have already gone into before. The Shakespeare like story elements the themes of letting go, of revenge and forgiveness. Everything I loved about the movies isn't in the show.[/quote]

Someone gets it.

If TLG is your jam then fair enough, but there's no need to be rude and resort to generalisations just because some people don't feel the same about the show.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby it means no worries » March 18th, 2016, 5:37 pm

Other people have different opinions on what they like and don't like. It's as simple as that.

Why do I personally not like TLG? I think that an episode is too short to force and entire plot into-this way the writers cannot fully develop characters and pursue the story at the same time because they simply do not have enough minutes in an episode. I believe this is seriously harming the quality and I'm guessing that they will soon be having "Simpsons disease" where they run out of ideas for plots that would fit into a single episode and so all of the episodes will end up being too similar to one another.

Also, (not sure if others feel this way as well) I do not really like TLG as much as I may have because I may have had un-fair expectations due to how good the original film was. IMO I am yet to see a single song on par with the original, many of the beloved voice actors have gone and there is no attempt at character depth, emotion or even advancing the plot line beyond the bare basics.

My example for this is that all of the TLG episodes have very similar plot lines which I am very quickly getting boared of:
1. Problem arises
2. Lion Guard are told
3. Kion consults Mufasa
4. Kion roars at problem
5. Problem goes away
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 19th, 2016, 12:44 am

I dont care if there are similer problems, the adventure are fun and its fun being in the pridelands all together, and see different sites, some people just like repeating of adventure, but with different ways
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » March 19th, 2016, 8:35 am

[quote="Hatari05"]Trust me when I say this I don't work that way despite not caring for the show it hasn't stopped me from writing stories about the characters one of which I might be posting soon. I enjoy Kion as a character and the idea of him and the guard being able to thrive in a LK movie is an idea that actually appeals to me. If the team for either one of the movies came back I would be on board, because it would be free of its preschool target audience which is my main flaw freeing it from that is all I would need to be convinced to watch the movie.

Your comment about not hating on those who like the show is a little hypocritical, since you do exactly that to the people who don't like it. I can't speak for everyone here but nostalgia has nothing to do it, I absolutely hate when something is embraced or considered untouchable just because of nostalgia, I don't think anything should be judged that way and hate when it happens. My problems with the show stem from the fact that it doesn't have what I liked about the movies in the first place, the strong if not flawed character arcs. Watching Simba overcome his guilt for his father's death, watching Kovu turn away from Scar's legacy, watching Simba struggle and rise beyond his own hatred. The relationship between father and son or father and daughter. The intriguing dynamic between Simba and the villains which I have already gone into before. The Shakespeare like story elements the themes of letting go, of revenge and forgiveness. Everything I loved about the movies isn't in the show.

Fans stick with their franchise more often than not the SW prequels were divisive and mixed didn't stop people from watching TCW and TFA. Everyone and their dog complained about AOU (unjustly and rather hypocritically) they're still going to watch CW and IW. Fans can have power but not often look at things like the X men franchise or transformers fans are hardly universally accepting of those franchise but they continue. A franchise can survive a divisive installment, LG may be divided but if a movie comes out and is marketed well people will see it, don't let yourself worry too much.[/quote]

OK yes, I could have said what I said in a better way. And yes, everyone has their own opinions, but the main reason why I get riled up by fandoms nowadays is due to how many other fandoms ive seen that self destructed. They just hated until eventually whatever they were a fan of, just gets scrapped/canceled/ditched. That and the fact that when protesting together, they really can change things no matter how big or small they may be.

And I have seen nostalgia being used as a motive to hate on anything new. At least, that's what some people who hate on everything new comes off as whenever I see them. I only ever feel that way though, whenever I notice that they actually are hating on everything new without even giving it a chance.

I did not mean to offend anyone with my comment, but I was just speaking out of my own personal experience. It's really hard not to say anything like I did nowadays since the modern Internet is always full of hate and one sided-ness.
KionofTheLionGuard

Postby Rollo » March 19th, 2016, 12:02 pm

[quote="KionofTheLionGuard"]And I have seen nostalgia being used as a motive to hate on anything new.[/quote]

I agree with this 100%. Many Simba's Pride fans are completely guilty of this, which is hysterical. It's almost like a parallel of each other - many fans, including myself, who prefer the original over any of the other material, have had to deal with crazy SP fans... but we've never really said much about it for the sake of not starting an argument. Now that TLG is here, the 'crazy' SP fans are ranting and raving about it constantly because it messes with their canon. That's exactly what SP did to the original film in terms of characterization. We had to deal with it with SP and 1 1/2, you guys should be able to deal with it too. It's a little kid's show. Calm down.

Some fans can dish it out, but they sure can't take it.
Rollo

Pride Points: 29

Postby KionofTheLionGuard » March 19th, 2016, 6:53 pm

[quote="lelizwe"]Some fans can dish it out, but they sure can't take it.[/quote]

Agreed. This is one of the main reasons why fandoms get hypocritical at times. Mainly so that they can sound like their always right even though they know their wrong.
KionofTheLionGuard

Postby juhouh » March 19th, 2016, 7:49 pm

We are all fans despite we hate or like TLG. Otherwise we wouldn't even be on MLK. I haven't watched any episodes of it so I'm not going to say it's bad but the clips I've seen so far I have become in conclusion that I'm too old for that
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby gothprincesskiara » March 20th, 2016, 3:52 am

[quote="juhouh"]We are all fans despite we hate or like TLG. Otherwise we wouldn't even be on MLK. I haven't watched any episodes of it so I'm not going to say it's bad but the clips I've seen so far I have become in conclusion that I'm too old for that[/quote]

havnt you heard of the saying, your never to old for Disney :roll:
Want to RP with me? Want to join my Pride on Facebook? Click the Facebook Icon.
https://www.facebook.com/queengothkiara ... fekingdom/

Check out the TLK/TLG Merchandise Page on Facebook, like and follow, and tell other fans about it.
https://www.facebook.com/The-Lion-King- ... 165042753/

James Camerons AVATAR FANS PLEASE like my Avatar page if you want to RP on the planet of Pandora, im trying get to more like to grow my page, please help me.
https://www.facebook.com/Amiryat-from-A ... 805499620/
gothprincesskiara
I live by the Circle of Life

We are all connected in the great Circle of Life

Nickname(s): Kiara
Pride Points: 93

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King