What if The Lion King characters had surnames?

What if The Lion King characters had surnames?

Postby Marizzle » April 5th, 2015, 11:47 am

I'm not sure if this topic is in the right place. If not, I apologize. :innocent:

Anyway, I was googling some Swahili names when something occurred to me. Simba (and anyone in his family or the actual movie) do not have surnames. Yes, it's normal, since they're animals but what I wonder is: If Simba's family, meaning the Royal family, had a surname which would it be? Which surnames do you think any other character would have?

It's a bit strange, I know, but I thought it'd be something interesting to imagine. :P
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Pride Points: 81

Re: What if The Lion King characters had surnames?

Postby SimbasGuard » April 5th, 2015, 7:24 pm

With Simba I'm going to say Proudroar (Yes I got the Idea from Kingdom Hearts)

According to the Timon and Pumbaa show, Timon's last name was Berkowitz and Pumbaa's was Smith.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Marizzle » April 6th, 2015, 2:13 am

Proudroar is actually a nice suggestion. I've always thought Simba's surname would be of Swahili origin, since all the names are of African languages and due to where the story takes place.

I think that Asha would be fitting for the Royal family, since it means "life" and it could relate to one of the movie's focuses, which was one of the many lessons a King had teach his descendant - the Circle of Life. Apart from Asha, I think Zuberi (meaning "strong") would be quite fitting as well. :)

Keep in mind that this is just a personal opinion, please. :P
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Stronger than fear

Postby SimbaPrescott » April 6th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Simba Simba. Like Mario Mario :P

I really love the idea of Asha. It would be very fitting for them!

I imagine Rafiki with the surname Ujinga, which means wisdom (from what I know!).
Image is an Epic Mickey concept art. We could have had this in EM3. I still want it.
SimbaPrescott
I laugh in the face of danger.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He told me no one could defeat me...

Nickname(s): Kari, Simba, Prescott
Pride Points: 27

Postby NaiaRulez » April 6th, 2015, 8:09 pm

Rafiki Ujinga... It sounds very fitting, haha! Also with Asha, but for the Royal Family I always thinked about Mfalme, that means king. (e.g. Simba Mfalme, Mufasa Mfalme, Kiara Mfalme...) For Nala... Nala Waaminifu (loyal)! Nah, it doesn't really sound convincing, it even doesn't sound good xD
NaiaRulez

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Naia, Nai
Pride Points: 11

Postby SimbasGuard » April 6th, 2015, 9:41 pm

[quote="Marizzle"]Proudroar I've always thought Simba's surname would be of Swahili origin, since all the names are of African languages and due to where the story takes place.[/quote]

That actually makes better sense.

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Marizzle » April 6th, 2015, 11:36 pm

[quote="SimbaPrescott"]I imagine Rafiki with the surname Ujinga, which means wisdom (from what I know!).[/quote]
That's actually a great surname. It sounds cool with his first name and its meaning is very fitting. :)
Marizzle
Hope is the only thing

Stronger than fear

Postby Timon the great » November 10th, 2016, 7:46 am

[quote="SimbasGuard"]According to the Timon and Pumbaa show, Timon's last name was Berkowitz and Pumbaa's was Smith.[/quote]
Timon also has a middle name too, which as I have written on the caption on my avatar on the left with an abbreviated L, is Leslie.

I believe this also came from the T & P show from what I had researched a while back. But definitely as far as the film's go, he's officially named, Timon Image
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby Squeely » November 17th, 2016, 10:00 pm

Simba's last name would be Ndona, since that was always the name of the pride in early drafts. It means "abasing" - behaving in a way so as to belittle or degrade someone. Not the most flattering name xD
Ask me anything!#TeamFemale on the Gender Race

Squeely

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Sassy cub

Nickname(s): Debby, Debs, Deebee, Cap'n Squeels McDeebee
Telegram: @Squeely
Pride Points: 49

Postby SimbasGuard » June 11th, 2017, 6:36 am

Another name that could be used if we take a cue from Thor:

Simba would be Simba Mufasason.

SimbasGuard

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King