TLKfotM - August 2016! (and september too)

TLKfotM - August 2016! (and september too)

Postby DGFone » September 12th, 2016, 3:38 am

To make a long story short, since the may nomination round, the following happened: long period away from home, followed by starting new job. Since in the previous nomination round, there were three nominations submited, I will be using one each for the months of May, June, and July. However, that still leaves August and now we are in early September.

I have a short period of time right now to start a nomination round right now, but I am currently thinking that since I am also away from home at the moment, it might be better if this topic will cover both August and September. I am thinking that it will go something like this:

Nominations will be allowed for actions spanning May through September. This means that potentially, members who are not too active currently can still be nominated for something previous, as long as it qualifies for the month their actions were performed in (whether it be a post or somethning else). Apart from that, try to treat this as a normal nomination round, and hopefully we will be back on track by october!

[quote]* Each month, members will nominate up to four members who they consider active enough fans to be considered "fans of the month".

* New members can be nominated one month after their joining the forum. If it's TLK fan of the month, it won't necessarily be fair to allow one-week old members to win compared to the older members who might not necessarily have a storage box of new ideas ready to be opened upon joining MLK.

*The nominations have to be TLK related. They don't have to be related to posting in the on-topic sections, but they have to be related to The Lion King in at least some way. This generally means that activities and posts in the den and Member HQ threads usually do not count.

* When nominating a member, provide a reason why they are being nominated. Unfortunately, a "I nominate 'X' because they are a great TLK fan!" will not be accepted. Try to provide a link or even a reference as to why they are a fan. Also, keep references for those that are on MLK. It won't be very nice to have members be nominated for something they did off MLK. Keep it on the forum please.

*The contest renews itself after each new year. If a member won in a year, they cannot be nominated again until the next year[/quote]

Nominations will go on until Tuesday, May 31st. These members have already won and cannot be nominated again: Elton John, Killjoy Dixon, Squeely, SimbasGuard, Captain Cupcake, Amur_Tiger, and Sadiki.[/quote]

I will allow nominations to span until Sunday, September 25th!

Good luck everyone! It's good to be back on MLK again. :D
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: TLKfotM - August 2016! (and september too)

Postby Amur_Tiger » September 16th, 2016, 8:16 pm

If I understand this correctly this means I was member of the month for May 2016?
Amur_Tiger

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 9

Postby DGFone » September 17th, 2016, 12:05 am

Or June or July, too. :P But yes.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby Elton John » September 22nd, 2016, 8:56 pm

I'll admit that it's hard for me to think of nominees, most tlk discussion boards outside of merch and the lion guard are near dead and even those two don't have that much activity.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby TheLionPrince » September 23rd, 2016, 3:24 am

Rollo: Has been posting some thoughtful posts on the movie boards especially the "small moments" threads where (s)he observed some assorted adult giraffe as perhaps being the grown-up version of the young giraffe we see at the beginning. It was an amazing observation. I cannot say if it was intentional by the filmmakers, but it's an amazing idea because it gives more depth to the continuation of the Circle of Life.

Simba_Lion: Made an interesting thread about the exclusion of lions twitching their ears in the film, which got some feedback, and has been regularly active on the movie boards all summer coming into the fall.

CrispyLight: I personally wasn't a fan of some of her threads espousing her theories about Kopa and Mheetu, but she displayed great passion for what she believed and I give her credit for that. Plus, it got the community talking again for a while.

Troll Berserker: Has been particularly active in The Lion Guard and the movie threads all summer. My personal favorite was this post, which was epic smackdown of truth. Lastly, she discovered humorous errors found in merchandising done over the years.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby DGFone » September 28th, 2016, 2:05 am

While I do realize that I am not very active at the moment (busy making history! :P), I do try to, and have so far succeeded at, trying to at least pay MLK a visit at least every other day. So I feel like I can at least nominate some members, even if I won't have very "strong" reasons as to why. Here it goes:

Members I saw posting on-topic, and whom I enjoyed reading their posts:
Troll Berserker
PridelandsPhantom
Tsuki

And these are members that I want to nominate due to their arctivity on the MLKFAA:
BlazingBlackMage
1Timestones38n

I want to start voting this weekend, so nominate while you still can!
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to Beyond The Lion King