The Lion King 1 2 and 1/2 hitting the Disney Signature colle

The Lion King 1 2 and 1/2 hitting the Disney Signature colle

Postby Elton John » June 24th, 2017, 3:38 pm

Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: The Lion King 1 2 and 1/2 hitting the Disney Signature c

Postby TheLionPrince » June 25th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Awesome.

But to tell you the truth, I really wished Disney waited until 2019 so they can cash in on the 25th anniversary and the upcoming CGI remake. Second, from what I've read about the Signature Collection, it's been lackluster. The film looks vibrant in 1080p video resolution and the audio is crystal clear in DTS-HD Master Audio 7.1, but the bonus features and other supplements tend to be very lacking. They create new video materials, but usually don't carryover the bonus features from the Platinum and Diamond Edition counterparts. From the most of the reviews I've read, they don't think upgrading is worth your money.

I'm pretty sure they give The Lion King the same treatment.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby LeonKFox » June 25th, 2017, 11:42 pm

What timing on my part. I only just upgraded from the DVD to the Diamond Edition so I probably won't be buying this unless it adds a lot of new content.
LeonKFox

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby SimbasGuard » June 26th, 2017, 1:10 am

It also says it's rated PG :lol: Obviously a mistake, But I already have Lion King on DVD and Blu-Ray so unless they have bonus features that I must have I will not buy this either :sad:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby TheLionPrince » July 18th, 2017, 12:16 am

It's been confirmed that The Lion King will be re-released under the Walt Disney Signature Collection slate. It will be released on Digital HD on August 15, 2017 and on Blu-ray and DVD on August 29, 2017.
TheLionPrince

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Lynx » July 18th, 2017, 9:13 pm

This will also the the unedited version if it's like Beauty and the Beast; no IMAX or 3D gimmick edits this time! :D
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » July 19th, 2017, 12:36 am

[quote="Lynx"]This will also the the unedited version if it's like Beauty and the Beast; no IMAX or 3D gimmick edits this time! :D[/quote]

Unedited is a tricky word to describe which version they will put on this release. They will mostly use the same non-3D print used in the 2011 Blu-Ray release, but not even that was not the unaltered original theatrical version that was screened during its initial release. You see, for the 2002 IMAX release, the original filmmakers made changes to the film such as color corrections and reanimated the dust that purportedly spelled SFX, the crocodiles, and the waterfall in "Can You Feel the Love Tonight" among other things. Those changes were kept for the 2003 DVD and for the Blu-Ray, but they made more changes in 2011 such as removing the clouds when Mufasa's spirit disappears.

They will most likely keep the updated animation, but the jury is out if they will put back the clouds in.
TheLionPrince

Postby Lynx » July 19th, 2017, 1:10 am

I'm not so sure; the 2016 Beauty and the Beast was the 1991 release far as I could tell, and the preorder page is teasing it as the original theatrical release.
Lynx

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » July 19th, 2017, 4:33 pm

[quote="Lynx"]I'm not so sure; the 2016 Beauty and the Beast was the 1991 release far as I could tell, and the preorder page is teasing it as the original theatrical release.[/quote]

The original filmmakers of Beauty and the Beast made additional changes too when the film was re-released the film in IMAX. The "original theatrical release" of Beauty and the Beast released on the 2016 Blu-Ray was technically the IMAX version with a background shot and the positioning of the characters at the end of "Something There" changed to fix a goof. Other changes were preserved since then that are still intact on the 2016 release in which there are too many to list so you can read them all on IMDb and MovieCensorship.com.
TheLionPrince

Postby Lynx » July 19th, 2017, 7:39 pm

I respectfully disagree. Comparing the bathing scene in the 2016 release to the movie censorship page, it's got the undedited scenes in it; the mirror is still shattered in this version. http://imgur.com/a/nsOQw
Lynx

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King