The Lion King Retrospective at D23.

The Lion King Retrospective at D23.

Postby Elton John » July 16th, 2017, 9:49 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?utm_content=buffer2336b&utm_source=twitter.com&v=VznQiz9Emb0&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=buffer

Includes several people who made the movie possible, and Carmen Twille performing her bit of the circle of life again at the end.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: The Lion King Retrospective at D23.

Postby TheLionPrince » July 18th, 2017, 12:13 am

OMG! Thank you for finding this! Ever since I read the details about D23 Expo, this event was what I was most interested in hearing about. I never thought this would be released online.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » September 9th, 2017, 5:32 am

It was so awesome to see this. Thank You. 8-) :thumbsup:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Kallo » September 24th, 2017, 2:36 am

This was pretty amazing to see! A panel such as this has been too long in the making and is a dream come true, pretty much, at this point. I wish we got more panels and stuff with the staff and cast of the movie. Even this was still kinda kinda small, especially on the voice actor end of things, but at least we even got this while there was still the chance, and everybody from the movie is still around.

Kinda crazy to think we had both Shenzi and Ed on the same stage at once. That alone made this amazing. Don't think it's happened ever before and doubt it'll again. I'm a huge Jim Cummings fan (amazing how after all these years he can still just jump right into that laugh and nail it) and Shenzi's also my favourite, so that was just awesome and something to certainly remember for me. I'm glad Whoopi got such a big reaction to her surprise entrance. I wasn't expecting others to love Shenzi so much as well, but it makes me happy. :) And of course, it was fun to see those old clips of them in the studio as well. Not sure if I've ever seen some of those particular clips before. I might've, but it was still cool.

I noticed they didn't dare mention Jim Cummings singing for Scar, though, despite going through all his various other Disney roles. That is still such a sensitive spot for them.
Kallo

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 21

Postby SimbasGuard » September 24th, 2017, 5:17 am

[quote="Kallo"]I noticed they didn't dare mention Jim Cummings singing for Scar, though, despite going through all his various other Disney roles. That is still such a sensitive spot for them.[/quote]

My guess is that they don't want to attempt to explain how they interrcut voices. Because that would lead to more questions as to who did what and Disney just doesn't want explain because they are afraid someone will say will if it was this why didn't you say so. Type of situation.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to Beyond The Lion King