TLKOB Music: Discovered

TLKOB Music: Discovered

Postby Azdgari » June 28th, 2018, 1:32 am

So, here's a super hot take: I've never seen TLK On Broadway, or anything on broadway. Which is a bummer. But I recently found out that a teacher of one of my teachers, Tommy Igoe, wrote the drum book for the broadway show. So I thought, "What the heck, I'll give it a listen on a long bus ride."

Man, the soundtrack is pretty awesome, huh? Love the much more aggressive African tint (would love the job of the lady who just babbles semi-psychopathically in the background in a bunch of the songs) and the musicianship is absolutely on point. Shadowland really blew me away--I've seen it referenced around here but never thought anything of it but it's such a powerful song. Would love, -love- to see that integrated into the new TLK (with Beyonce? Are you kidding me? How could you not?). It also gives Nala's story way, way more power with only a few minutes of screentime. Movies have way more real estate to play with now in terms of length, so why not? Just ditch the morning report (sorry, Zazu).

Just felt like sharing. A new way for me to experience TLK and long overdue!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Re: TLKOB Music: Discovered

Postby Elton John » June 28th, 2018, 1:44 am

my favorite part of the broadway cast recording over the movie itself is the extra stuff between simba and nala near the end of it.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: TLKOB Music: Discovered

Postby SimbasGuard » July 2nd, 2018, 8:15 am

Shadowland being included in The Lion King remake would be awesome :thumbsup: I hope Disney does not miss this opportunity.
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Return to Beyond The Lion King