disneytoon animation studios is closing down

disneytoon animation studios is closing down

Postby Elton John » July 3rd, 2018, 12:03 am

they made tlk2 and tlk1.5, and a bunch of other dtv sequels to popular disney movies.

75 animators were laid off, they were working on Planes 3....
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Re: disneytoon animation studios is closing down

Postby SimbasGuard » July 3rd, 2018, 6:08 am

That is too bad. My initial reaction upon originally hearing this was: "Oh no did they pull the plug om The Lion Guard!?" Then when I realized it was their direct to video studio. I was sad, but not devastated. Although I just realized getting any post Lion King 2 movies (even though I wanted them to be theatrical) is now even less likely. :sad:
My Avatar Was Made For Me By Thegeni99 Thank You So Much!

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride.
SimbasGuard
Guardian of the Pride Lands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I protect Simba, his family, and his pride

Nickname(s): Anyone may shorten my name however they want.
Pride Points: 85

Postby Elton John » July 3rd, 2018, 6:50 am

disney seems to be more willing to do theatrical sequels to their ip’s so if they did do a proper tlk3 it would be by wdas.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby TheLionPrince » July 5th, 2018, 3:24 am

It's disheartening to hear that employees losing their jobs, but I think the last thing we needed was another Planes movie. In the end, I do thank Disneytoon Studios for the two Lion King sequels we have discussed and debated over the years.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby SimbasGuard » July 5th, 2018, 8:11 am

[quote="Elton John"]disney seems to be more willing to do theatrical sequels to their ip’s so if they did do a proper tlk3 it would be by wdas.[/quote]

Well I guess if I look at it from that perspective, I can still have some hope. Although with The "Live Action" Remake coming out next year. I have to wonder if that film is successful (As I am positive it will be). Would Disney still want to revisit the original continuity. I can only hope so, because they may just want to make a "Live Action" version of Lion King 2.

[quote="TheLionPrince"]It's disheartening to hear that employees losing their jobs, but I think the last thing we needed was another Planes movie. In the end, I do thank Disneytoon Studios for the two Lion King sequels we have discussed and debated over the years.[/quote]

I Agree,I wold hope places for the laid off animators would be found at Disney Feature Animation, Disney Television, or Pixar. I liked most of The Direct to video sequels, but Lion King 2 As well as Lion King 1 1/2 stand out as something above the others (He says without a hint of bias).

SimbasGuard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » July 5th, 2018, 12:19 pm

the lion king remake isn’t just going to be successful, I wouldn’t be surprised if it joins the 2 billion club. Though, more realistically it should still be the highest grossing disney remake.

I mean if an IP like the jungle book (which isn’t nearly as popular as tlk) can do 900 million worldwide something like the lion king can easily break that. Plus, you have Beyonce fans. She has a massive fanbase.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » July 7th, 2018, 6:06 am

Yeah that is what I expect as well. What worries me is if the Remake does all it could do. Disney will just quietly sweep The original continuity under the rug and just build anything new off of The Remake. This would be a very bad move on Disney's part, because no matter how good the remake turns out to be. I am positive it will not surpass the original. Just as the Beauty and The Beast Remake does not surpass The Original. At least not in terms of heart. The success of The Remake could destroy any chance we have of getting any kind of Post Lion King 2 media from the original continuity :sad:

SimbasGuard

Postby Elton John » July 7th, 2018, 7:27 am

You never know. before june of 2014 I gave up hope on there being any more tlk related media.

Whatever direction the franchise goes, i’ll be there.
Elton John
I’m with you

Postby SimbasGuard » July 14th, 2018, 8:09 am

[quote="Elton John"]You never know. before june of 2014 I gave up hope on there being any more tlk related media.

Whatever direction the franchise goes, i’ll be there.[/quote]

Same here.

I also realized that 101 Dalmatians 2: Patches London Adventure came out after Two live action movies and an animated series that mixed both the original and live action continuities. Therefore the original continuity being revisited would not be out of the question.

SimbasGuard

Return to Beyond The Lion King