Anyone know where these lions are from?

Anyone know where these lions are from?

Postby Meru » July 10th, 2019, 9:28 am

Hey all,
So I was recently browsing all the semi-canon cubs that exist, and I came across some lions in a family tree made by child-of-hades (https://www.deviantart.com/child-of-had ... -298707712) (tree was made by her, lions in question were not). I must admit, despite my previous hours and hours of combing comic databases, I was unable to recognise these lions. I had another bit of a search, but to no avail. Here are the five lions in question:
the unknowns.png
the unknowns.png (131.01 KiB) Viewed 2854 times

They all appear to be from the same piece (note the similar art style and shading). I noticed in the comments that the tree's creator said she sourced the images from somewhere she no longer has the link to, nor is it likely she'll ever be able to obtain the link again, so i thought I'd ask here. For what it's worth, child-of-hades also stated that they're likely from a German book/comic about the behaviour of lions. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help! :excited:
Meru

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Anyone know where these lions are from?

Postby zerodix » August 3rd, 2019, 5:59 pm

I am curious to know this too! havent seen them before? i thought i saw and read all tlk comics and these are new to me too.. nice find!
missing the old deviantart...
zerodix
The Lion King remake

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

july 19th 2019

Pride Points: 19

Re: Anyone know where these lions are from?

Postby Meru » August 4th, 2019, 9:29 am

[quote="zerodix"]I am curious to know this too! havent seen them before? i thought i saw and read all tlk comics and these are new to me too.. nice find![/quote]
Yeah same! I'm sure I've read them all, at least all that are available online... They do very much look like they are from a comic because of the shading. Hopefully someone will come along at some point to impart some knowledge! I will keep searching in the meantime (:
Meru

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Return to Beyond The Lion King