TG's TLK dictionary: get to know the fandom!

Re: TG's TLK dictionary: get to know the fandom!

Postby Gerada » May 5th, 2010, 2:05 am

Nice dictionary! You can nick name me "Grr" , referencing to the start sound of my username.
[In progress.....]

[Credits go to KiaraKovu, Huge Thanks!]
Gerada

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hakuna Matata

Pride Points: 2

Postby thanigraphics » May 9th, 2010, 2:35 pm

Thanks, I'll collect more "terms" here in this thread, and I'll add those at the end of the week! I'm sure there are many more fandom words out there :beanytagnuka:
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Postby KopsTheTerminator » August 1st, 2010, 6:04 pm

This dictionary's amazing, I tell you that! You can add my nickname, ''Kops'' if you want.

Also, I'd suggest some RPing and Fan-Fiction abbreviations :smile2:
KopsTheTerminator

Postby RayCat » September 30th, 2010, 12:56 am

OMG, awesomesauce :excited: thanks for making this!
My graphics thread
And where the journey may lead you
Let this prayer be your guide
Though it may take you so far away
Always remember your pride
RayCat

The lion sleeps no more

Pride Points: 55

Postby SuperBabySimba » October 15th, 2010, 5:28 pm

[quote="thanigraphics"]Canon: reffering to the original in-movie characters and settings of the lion king. Some other characters originally developed by Disney but not included in the movie such as Kopa are still classed as canon characters by some people.

Subcanon: Lion King characters developed by Disney that aren't in the movies, but can be found in books, comics and/or games, such as Tojo, Ahadi and Sora the lion cub (who is a human in the other game levels)[/quote]

WTF? Kopa and the comic characters aren't developed by Disney. They're created by outsiders and only approved into profit publishment by the general Disney. Seriously, that doesn't make them part of the canon or even semi-canon.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby Ushujaa » October 16th, 2010, 3:22 am

Great job on the dictionary, oh and TPAM you quoted it yourself, TG said are still classed canon or sub canon by SOME people...
Spoiler: show

thank you Flip for the community sig
Ushujaa
Dreamer

Don't heroes have the right to dream?

Nickname(s): Shujaa, Fluffy, Squishy, Kopa, Usher,Krypto
Pride Points: 24

Postby KopsTheTerminator » October 16th, 2010, 10:10 am

[quote="SuperBabySimba"][quote="thanigraphics"]Canon: reffering to the original in-movie characters and settings of the lion king. Some other characters originally developed by Disney but not included in the movie such as Kopa are still classed as canon characters by some people.

Subcanon: Lion King characters developed by Disney that aren't in the movies, but can be found in books, comics and/or games, such as Tojo, Ahadi and Sora the lion cub (who is a human in the other game levels)[/quote]

WTF? Kopa and the comic characters aren't developed by Disney. They're created by outsiders and only approved into profit publishment by the general Disney. Seriously, that doesn't make them part of the canon or even semi-canon.[/quote]

Then what is semi-canon according to you?

Also, the person who made this thread got banned.
KopsTheTerminator

Postby SuperBabySimba » October 16th, 2010, 11:27 am

[quote="Kopa23"][quote="SuperBabySimba"][quote="thanigraphics"]Canon: reffering to the original in-movie characters and settings of the lion king. Some other characters originally developed by Disney but not included in the movie such as Kopa are still classed as canon characters by some people.

WTF? Kopa and the comic characters aren't developed by Disney. They're created by outsiders and only approved into profit publishment by the general Disney. Seriously, that doesn't make them part of the canon or even semi-canon.[/quote]

Then what is semi-canon according to you?

Also, the person who made this thread got banned.[/quote]

I think the truth is; there is no true semi-canon in this fandom. Semi-canon is born when something is in one way or another tied in to the canon source by the canon source's makers. In this case it should be tied in to the first film by its makers. Otherwise it just doesn't connect/link with the canon story in any official way. There is no denying that.

But the original film's makers have denied both Kiara and Kopa and made clear the film stands alone when it comes to its official story. As in nothing of the existing other TLK stories has been tied in to the canon (the original film), as in approved by its makers but instead simply denied by them.

But the Simba's Pride movie could still be considered semi-canon to an extent even though the original film makers ignored and denied Kiara the same as Kopa. Because the essential difference is; Kopa & the SNA books are written by outsiders and only approved by the general Disney just like all the other TLK story books that by the way contradict the SNA books's content. Becoming a shining proof that the book universe is not meant as semi-canon but as seperate fanfiction stories. Simba's Pride movie isn't approved by Disney, it is actually made by people who work in the Walt Disney Company, plus it's made in its movie studios (though in different one than TLK) and is thus part of the official Disney classic movie universe just like TLK. And as the canon's makers didn't verify the cub's gender, it can be Kiara and in the movie universe it is Kiara. Same kind of semi-canon-ness could be with TLK1½ but personaly I wouldn't take it too seriously because it's obviously meant as a parody and not a serious other-point-of-view telling.

Those films are the closest thing to semi-canon this fandom has. As the book universe stories are evidently pure fanfiction.
Image Image
Signature pictures © SuperBabySimba
"Never trust the future... Never miss the past.
If you live for the shining moment, the moment may just last."

~*~*~THE LION KING AU ROLEPLAY GAME~*~*~
SuperBabySimba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Avarar by SuperBabySimba

Pride Points: 0

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 14th, 2011, 2:51 am

Nice topic guys! :D
SummerSnowLeopard

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Eli_Ayase » March 2nd, 2011, 11:13 am

If the dictonary was updated -_-
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King