Grey cheetahs in the Lion King sega game

Grey cheetahs in the Lion King sega game

Postby thanigraphics » May 4th, 2010, 6:09 pm

In one level of the good ol' pc game of the Lion King, Simba battles against several Greyish cheetahs. Does anyone have a pic of these, or is there any footage of them left? I really, really want to draw them!
And what do you think of their designs? I think they're awesome :)
verliezer in een ongelijk gevecht....
ImageImageImage
vote for my site: go to http://www.leeuwenkoning.webs.com and click the voting button at the bottom of the page
thanigraphics

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

uh-oh, banana time!

Pride Points: 1

Re: Grey cheetahs in the Lion King sega game

Postby Akril » May 5th, 2010, 12:08 am

I actually thought those guys were leopards for the longest time. They stalk like leopards, they lunge like leopards, they're about the same size as leopards compared to Simba and they live in the jungle like leopards.

I was genuinely surprised to hear that these were actually cheetahs. I mean, cheetahs living in a jungle, attacking a full-grown lion!? The only thing about them that isn't completely un-cheetah-like is their faces, which seem to have the unique tear-marks that all cheetahs have.

I actually made an animated GIF of one of them a while ago, so I might as well post it here:
TLKLeopard2.gif
Just ignore the filename.
TLKLeopard2.gif (10.69 KiB) Viewed 2601 times
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby LionKing4EVR96 » July 26th, 2010, 6:41 pm

These were in the Super NES version as well.
LionKing4EVR96

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Krys, Luigi
Pride Points: 1

Postby PrincessKiara » July 29th, 2010, 10:19 pm

I don’t remember those, but awesome GIF Akril! :D
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Eli_Ayase » January 26th, 2011, 9:24 pm

Not only leopards stalk all pet and big cats stalk its a cheetah cos a leopard isnt thin a cheetah is.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 14th, 2011, 3:31 am

They're not cheetahs. They're Leopards :D

Awesome gif!
SummerSnowLeopard

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Summer
Pride Points: 38

Postby Eli_Ayase » February 14th, 2011, 5:05 pm

No a leopard isnt thin. I Know better cause im an apprentice in the zoo and i help to feed animals. A LEOPARD IS BIGGER!
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 15th, 2011, 12:24 am

A leopard is thin :P

Cheetahs run away rather than fight.
SummerSnowLeopard

Postby Akril » February 15th, 2011, 12:44 am

I used to think they were leopards, but the game's manual says that they are cheetahs. Can't really argue with that.
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Pride Points: 22

Postby SummerSnowLeopard » February 15th, 2011, 12:53 am

Me either. I think its more logical if they were leopards though.
SummerSnowLeopard

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King