Picking apart the films

Should Disney be accused of laziness for those tiny flaws?

Yes! They're so lazy they can't even make sure Kiara's toes stay the right color.
No votes
To an extent... but some of us have taken it too far. Who cares about Kovu's inner leg color?
13%
No. There are so many frames, I can't blame them for the mistakes.
75%
I don't know.
No votes
Snowy, you're spamming. Cut it out.
13%

Total votes : 16

Picking apart the films

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 11th, 2010, 5:18 pm

I don't know about you guys, but I think it's a bit... I'm not sure how to say... to pick the TLK films apart, pointing out every little color flaw and outline slip that occurs in a single frame or frames. These films were made using an unimaginable number of individually-made frames. That being said, there are bound to be small mistakes. After all, the movies were made to be watched and enjoyed, not to survive being picked frame-from-frame by a forum of TLK fanatics looking for something to talk about. What do you guys think? Do you think it's fair to accuse Disney of being lazy in relation to those tiny, inevitable mistakes?

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Re: Picking apart the films

Postby Simbaholikov » May 11th, 2010, 5:28 pm

A TLK forum is to discuss 'everything' about the films, including the mistakes ^^
Personally I like these little mistakes, it makes it more interesting :) And to me, does not diminish the quality of the films in the slightest :)
Simbaholikov

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 11th, 2010, 5:39 pm

[quote="Simbaholic"]And to me, does not diminish the quality of the films in the slightest :)[/quote]

my thoughts exactly. I don't mind pointing them out, really, but there's no need to start saying stuff like "Disney is sooo lazy" and stuff. In all truthfulness, they put a lot of work into those films and shouldn't be flamed for the tiny mistakes and flaws.

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby SilverSimba01 » May 12th, 2010, 4:16 am

if those are little mistake, then it doesn't matter
"I'm always willing to help you, even if you need someone to speak to"
SilverSimba01
I see good in everyone

"I wouldn't go down without fighting"

Nickname(s): Snowy, Radio, SS01,
Pride Points: 20

Postby KiarasMate » May 12th, 2010, 4:36 am

I've already said my peace in regards to this in several related threads, so I'll just cut and paste one of them that was said to a certain someone who shall remain nameless. >.>

[quote="KiarasMate"]Okay, I've said this before in other threads that relate to very minor imperfections of the movies, but I feel the need to say it again. Pointing out every little mistake within the movies that we're all supposed to love and respect seems really stupid to me. No one is perfect and the animators of these amazing movies are no different, yet with that stated, they are, by far, way more talented than you or I, so what right do we have to bring to light, their minor flaws? In my opinion, until you yourself come out with a movie that's equally or more successful as TLK was, you have no reason to point a judgmental finger at those who took time and effort and poured their heart and souls into movies that mean so much to the fans. Knit-picking every little mistake about the movie and posting a thread about it just tears away at the integrity of our beloved movies as a whole and makes us look less like fans of the films, and more like people who are just looking for something to complain about. I for one, think that we should focus more upon the positive aspects of TLK and stop making such a big deal out of the littlest errors found within the movies. this isn't a personal attack, so don't take it that way. It's just an overall statement and my honest opinion in regards to all topics that deal with the tiny blemishes about the movies that don't necessarily take anything away from the film's greatness itself. I've said my peace now though, so I'll leave it at that.[/quote]
KiarasMate
Legendary Lion

Nickname(s): KM

Postby SnowyCheetah » May 12th, 2010, 5:26 am

[quote="KiarasMate"]I've already said my peace in regards to this in several related threads, so I'll just cut and paste one of them that was said to a certain someone who shall remain nameless. >.>

[quote="KiarasMate"]Okay, I've said this before in other threads that relate to very minor imperfections of the movies, but I feel the need to say it again. Pointing out every little mistake within the movies that we're all supposed to love and respect seems really stupid to me. No one is perfect and the animators of these amazing movies are no different, yet with that stated, they are, by far, way more talented than you or I, so what right do we have to bring to light, their minor flaws? In my opinion, until you yourself come out with a movie that's equally or more successful as TLK was, you have no reason to point a judgmental finger at those who took time and effort and poured their heart and souls into movies that mean so much to the fans. Knit-picking every little mistake about the movie and posting a thread about it just tears away at the integrity of our beloved movies as a whole and makes us look less like fans of the films, and more like people who are just looking for something to complain about. I for one, think that we should focus more upon the positive aspects of TLK and stop making such a big deal out of the littlest errors found within the movies. this isn't a personal attack, so don't take it that way. It's just an overall statement and my honest opinion in regards to all topics that deal with the tiny blemishes about the movies that don't necessarily take anything away from the film's greatness itself. I've said my peace now though, so I'll leave it at that.[/quote][/quote]

*claps paws* Extremely well-put, KM. Couldn't have said it better myself - so I guess I'm in no position to go pick out all the errors in that paragraph :lol:

SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

is mayonnaise a gender

Postby PrincessKiara » May 14th, 2010, 8:56 pm

No. There are so many frames, I can't blame them for the mistakes.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Pixie » May 22nd, 2010, 11:40 am

I like finding those little mistakes, but not because I think Disney are "lazy", I just like seeing them because it shows that humans drew the frames and humans make mistakes.
And it also shows that we're die-hard fans of an amazing story. :happy4:
LxL graphics
Pixie
Photographer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Not afraid to speak my mind. Seriously.

Nickname(s): Pixie, etc.
Pride Points: 10

Postby rich198 » May 22nd, 2010, 10:33 pm

i dont blame them for the mistakes. actully thinkin bout it i hadent noticed any of the mistakes you lot pointed out im more intrested in enjoying the film and looking for hidden meaning in parts of the film
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image

Thanks go to Natiliethelionqueen for the siggy
rich198

thanks go to SC for the avvie

Nickname(s): forest, allen, the one-eyebrowed lion
Pride Points: 3

Postby Simba » May 22nd, 2010, 11:03 pm

I don't find the little mistakes makes them lazy or anything, I know how complicated it is drawing 28 frames just for 1 second of viewing. but there are some not-as-small mistakes in the sequels that don't necessarily measure up to Disney's usual quality (my complaint of cubbie Kiara's inconsistent face structure mainly). I don't think they resulted from laziness but rather trying to hurry up and make more to the story to appease fans' longing for more and get more money out of it.

looking for mistakes and analyzing the movies doesn't make it any less enjoyable though. at the end of the day it's still the movie we grew up with, have sentimental attachment to, and have made a part of our lives. it's still epic greatness, and no amount of looking at the flaws changes that really. I see no problem with pointing out where they messed up, afterall it's from mistakes that people learn. I don't think people should be rude about it, though.

I don't agree entirely with you, KM. it doesn't ruin the movie, it doesn't take away any of the integrity or respect we have for it, and we aren't making complaints by doing this. everyone has flaws. it's normal, it's human. and for some seeing that even Disney can make mistakes might even comfort them with their own art and keep them pushing forward towards their artistics goals instead of giving up. and I don't think there are that many posts that make a big deal out of it, really (except maybe those by that someone you aren't naming). to ignore mistakes is to ignore life. we learn more from mistakes than success, afterall. I see no problems with pointing them out as long we stay nice about it.

personally, I even pick apart my own art just as much if not more when I draw lol
THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE
Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

[inactive account]

Nickname(s): Simba,AJ,Amber

Next

Return to Beyond The Lion King