Least Favorite TLK Characters

Re: Least Favorite TLK Characters

Postby ILoveShenziMarie » May 2nd, 2015, 7:21 am

Pumbaa and Timon, as well as pretty much anybody who isn't Shenzi.
ILoveShenziMarie

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 2

Postby Shadowfax » May 9th, 2015, 9:28 pm

Oddly... the only ones I cannot stand are Kiara or Kovu. I find Kiara is a complete and utter brat and is annoying all the way through the film. Kovu is just.. eh. Such a boring character and when it comes to being Scar's heir he is just hopeless xD Can't fight to save his life and ugh!

I've seen The Lion King 1.5 or whatever it's called a total of once as I didn't particularly like it and can't even remember half the new characters if I am honest... If I was more familiar with the film there would probably be a few on my list from this one too xD (Isn't a fan of the sequels)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » May 9th, 2015, 11:27 pm

^ I'll refrain from defending Kiara and Kovu aha. I'm too lazy too.

I don't particularly dislike Timon and Pumbaa, but too much of them isn't healthy for my opinion of them lol (hence my general dislike for 1.5)
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby TexXCX » July 31st, 2015, 1:18 pm

I don't mind Zazu in the first one. But in the SP, he just has nothing to do. He's just there because he was in the first one (but that is like a lot of the characters: Nala, Timon, Pumbaa, Rafiki. They were only there because they were in the first film).

In SP, I don't like Nuka, for the reasons listed previously. But I did feel sorry for him when he died, all he wanted was Zira's approval :(
Vitani... I really don't like her. She just seems to involved with Zira's plan to have changed to Simba's side that easily at the end. I mean, she looked like she was all ready to kill Nala when they fought, but then she changed sides so quickly.

I do quite like Kiara, but she I can only handle her in small amounts. After a while she becomes too annoying. Her whining and complaining. :roll:
TexXCX
Simba = BAE

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

It's not an obsession...

Nickname(s): Tegz, Tex, Tez, Tezza
Pride Points: 0

Postby juhouh » August 5th, 2015, 1:46 am

Zazu, Timon and Pumbaa are the worst characters in both movies
Ask me - My Playlist - Steam
"Never trust the future, Never miss the past, If you live for the shining moment, The moment may just last…"
Signature by SimbasMate
juhouh
Nalaholic

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Juho
Pride Points: 46

Postby ScarsLove » August 5th, 2015, 2:57 am

[quote="juhouh"]Zazu, Timon and Pumbaa are the worst characters in both movies[/quote]

Preach!

Image Image Image Image

Spoiler: show
ScarsLove

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

"All's well that's well for me"

Nickname(s): Wolfy, Nikki
Pride Points: 70

Postby Elton John » August 5th, 2015, 3:03 am

How can zazu/timon/pumbaa be the worst when sarafina and that gopher thing exist? Sarafina is barely a paperweight, one line of dialogue... We know nothing about her other than she's nalas mom.

That gopher thing wasn't even given a name in the end credits.

I can understand some people liking nuka but to me he belongs more in a loony toons short rather than the lion king. I will give him credit that he had characterization beyond 'i'm the mom of an actual important character'.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby DGFone » August 5th, 2015, 8:33 am

I would say that Timon and Pumbaa from TLK II are rather not my cup of tea. In the first movie, they served a vital role for the plot, but in the second movie, they were really shoehorned in as well as being forced to play up the whole breaking-the-forth wall, out-of-the-world characterization.

In TLK 1, I like them. In 2, I find them even to be rather unbearable. Yeah, I said it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Captain Cupcake » August 5th, 2015, 1:05 pm

[quote="Elton John"]How can zazu/timon/pumbaa be the worst when sarafina and that gopher thing exist? Sarafina is barely a paperweight, one line of dialogue... We know nothing about her other than she's nalas mom.

That gopher thing wasn't even given a name in the end credits.

I can understand some people liking nuka but to me he belongs more in a loony toons short rather than the lion king. I will give him credit that he had characterization beyond 'i'm the mom of an actual important character'.[/quote]

It's probably due to the fact that those two merely serve as extras. They're not relevant to the actual plot and are just there for very minor purposes, so they're excluded from the discussion by default. One can't really judge the core characteristics of someone that isn't really integral to the experience and is only a notch above background character status.
Captain Cupcake
Hnnng...

HNNNGGGG!!!

Nickname(s): Master
Pride Points: 11

Postby FlipMode » August 5th, 2015, 1:32 pm

I would say Scar, out of any of the main characters. He is a good villain but he's just... Well, evil. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of motive for anything he did other than pure jealousy. That is a great villain because its like "I don't need a motive, some people just want to watch the World burn." but at the same time, its not a very interesting character IMO. I like villains where you can kind of understand where they are coming form, even if they are coming from the wrong place. Like Zira, she has a reason to want revenge on Simba. Scar was just kind of "I'm evil. 'Nuff said."

I also love Zazu but will admit that he really doesn't add anything. But hey, if it means Rowan Atkinson's voice was in the film then that's got to be worth something.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Beyond The Lion King