What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby Regulus » January 30th, 2018, 8:42 pm

[quote="WildSimba"][quote="Regulus"]Well, I finally got my first interview today.

Finally.

I think it went pretty well. It's not my dream job, but it could be a good opportunity.[/quote]

Really hope you get it dude, I know how frustrating it is trying to find a job fresh out of college.[/quote]

I didn't. Welp, time to start filling out hundreds more applications.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » January 30th, 2018, 9:04 pm

Any company dumb enough to pass on you isn’t the sort of place you want to be anyway.
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby TheLionPrince » January 30th, 2018, 11:03 pm

[quote="Regulus"][quote="WildSimba"][quote="Regulus"]Well, I finally got my first interview today.

Finally.

I think it went pretty well. It's not my dream job, but it could be a good opportunity.[/quote]

Really hope you get it dude, I know how frustrating it is trying to find a job fresh out of college.[/quote]

I didn't. Welp, time to start filling out hundreds more applications.[/quote]

I understand and experienced that feeling numerous times. Just keep the faith.
TheLionPrince
Crown Prince of the Pridelands

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Chris, TLP
Pride Points: 152

Postby Regulus » January 30th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Eh, I wanted to work for the company, but I don't think the job would have been a good fit for me. If I got the job and didn't get promoted within a year or two, I'd have quit for sure.

There are many more jobs that seem much more challenging, and have me much more interested. Unfortunately, it's just so difficult to hear back from anyone.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby DGFone » January 31st, 2018, 4:43 am

[quote="Regulus"]
There are many more jobs that seem much more challenging, and have me much more interested. Unfortunately, it's just so difficult to hear back from anyone.[/quote]

Such is the life of someone searching for work. Unfortunately, Engineering is loaded with unfilled positions. But you need 5 years or more of experience before they even consider getting you.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » January 31st, 2018, 5:06 am

[quote="DGFone"][quote="Regulus"]
There are many more jobs that seem much more challenging, and have me much more interested. Unfortunately, it's just so difficult to hear back from anyone.[/quote]

Such is the life of someone searching for work. Unfortunately, Engineering is loaded with unfilled positions. But you need 5 years or more of experience before they even consider getting you.[/quote]

Entry-level job. Seeking new graduate with minimum eight (4) years experience in related field.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby DGFone » January 31st, 2018, 5:17 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="DGFone"][quote="Regulus"]

Such is the life of someone searching for work. Unfortunately, Engineering is loaded with unfilled positions. But you need 5 years or more of experience before they even consider getting you.[/quote]

Entry-level job. Seeking new graduate with minimum eight (4) years experience in related field.[/quote]

Engineering economy in a nutshell ATM.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Regulus » January 31st, 2018, 5:30 am

So how have you waded through the bayou of piss?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby Panda-chan » January 31st, 2018, 8:45 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="WildSimba"][quote="Regulus"]Well, I finally got my first interview today.

Finally.

I didn't. Welp, time to start filling out hundreds more applications.[/quote]
I'm sorry dude. :sad: Keep trying though. The fact that you made it to the interview stage means you were already 99% of the way there.

I'm in the same boat as you with sending out dozens of job applications and seeming to get nowhere. Unfortunately entry level jobs are hard to get anywhere, regardless of the field. :/
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby it means no worries » February 3rd, 2018, 9:59 pm

Dominate me, Moker.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games