What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby Panda-chan » April 22nd, 2018, 12:34 pm

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby Gemini » April 23rd, 2018, 1:10 am

Shoulda bought ice cream .-.
Ask Me Stuff | FFnet | Video Q&A Session | About My Webcomic | Commission Me (dA)
"A lion may be stronger, but a wolf doesn't jump through hoops."
Pic (c) BlazingBlackMage
Gemini
The maverick

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Don't look back

Nickname(s): Twin, Janna
Telegram: @maverickmule
Pride Points: 107

Postby SimbasMate » April 23rd, 2018, 1:59 am

Thank GOD there is only two more weeks left in this boring class.
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Elton John » April 23rd, 2018, 2:03 am

[quote="SimbasMate"]Thank GOD there is only two more weeks left in this boring class.[/quote]

I am thinking the same thing right now.
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby Azdgari » April 23rd, 2018, 4:09 am

Really digging seeing new faces around these parts!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby SimbasMate » April 23rd, 2018, 6:28 pm

I'm so excited for my new computer! It's going to be great. :joy:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Regulus » April 24th, 2018, 12:25 am

On the bright side, today I interviewed for a position at Tesla.

On the dim side, there was no way I could have pleased someone like her. So that's another one in the trash.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Azdgari » April 24th, 2018, 12:58 am

[quote="Regulus"]On the bright side, today I interviewed for a position at Tesla.

On the dim side, there was no way I could have pleased someone like her. So that's another one in the trash.[/quote]
Elaborate?
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Regulus » April 24th, 2018, 1:37 am

[quote="Azdgari"][quote="Regulus"]On the bright side, today I interviewed for a position at Tesla.

On the dim side, there was no way I could have pleased someone like her. So that's another one in the trash.[/quote]
Elaborate?[/quote]

Tesla is the electric car company run by Elon Musk, and the sister company to SpaceX. They've gotten famous over the past few years, and get hundreds of thousands of applicants every year now. So, they're an extremely selective company.

Much to my surprise, I somehow managed to score an interview with them anyway.

I knew the odds were against me, but of course I wasn't going to pass up the chance. I thought, maybe, I'd be able to to really stand out in this one. Tesla is a company I've followed closely since 2010 or so; I know a lot about their cars, their mission, and their culture. I could probably write a whole book about them, and so I thought I could use that knowledge to my advantage.

The TL;DR of it is... no. Like, no way.

My technical knowledge didn't impress her at all. She just changed the subject to my work experience and kept asking questions about that. Since I know work experience is so important to some people, I was even prepared for that. I had scripted responses to follow in case this would happen. I had my arguments set up and I didn't hesitate to explain why my lack of work experience actually makes me a better candidate... but she wouldn't hear of it.

So, whatever. Typical HR shenanigans. She wouldn't even hire Elon himself, if that's who she was speaking to.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby it means no worries » April 24th, 2018, 11:13 pm

Thought MLK died there.

--

@Regs, I know you've been on the job hunt for a while now and of course it sucks being rejected, but the very fact you managed to get an interview with Tesla is pretty damn impressive, and i'm sure something good'll turn up soon. Good luck with the search!
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games