What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What are you thinking RIGHT NOW?

Postby Regulus » June 8th, 2018, 3:51 am

[quote="Panda-chan"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.[/quote]

Sometimes my farts linger for several minutes, so I'm not quite sure where you're going with this analogy.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

But convergence is not guaranteed.

Nickname(s): Reg, Regs, Last Person to Post
Pride Points: 206

Postby Tora » June 8th, 2018, 4:13 am

[quote="Regulus"][quote="Panda-chan"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.[/quote]

Sometimes my farts linger for several minutes, so I'm not quite sure where you're going with this analogy.[/quote]
In the wind? What are you the flash?
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Regulus » June 8th, 2018, 4:34 am

Sometimes they get stuck in eddy currents.
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Elton John » June 8th, 2018, 2:05 pm

im going to be the hokage

beeleeb it
Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up again.
Elton John
I’m with you

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Till the end of the line!

Pride Points: 240

Postby SimbasMate » June 8th, 2018, 3:43 pm

I hope I can get to the beach sometime this summer! :smilekion:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby Tora » June 8th, 2018, 4:06 pm

I don't wanna be here at work. :pout:
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Postby Regulus » June 8th, 2018, 4:48 pm

So, according to the CDC, suicide rates have increased in 49 of 50 states in the past decade. This rise is consistent regardless of age or other demographics.

Is this not alarming enough?
Regulus
Is differentiable...

Postby SimbasMate » June 10th, 2018, 2:29 am

[quote="Regulus"]So, according to the CDC, suicide rates have increased in 49 of 50 states in the past decade. This rise is consistent regardless of age or other demographics.

Is this not alarming enough?[/quote]

That's really sad. :(

-------

Not sure why I can't get more than 60 on my tests. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
[quote="Amanda"]And just like that she vanished, like a fart in the wind.
[/quote]
sig by Regulus
SimbasMate
Queen of Hell

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

BB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/mes

Nickname(s): SM/Crystal
Telegram: @CatOverlord
Pride Points: 161

Postby it means no worries » June 10th, 2018, 7:17 pm

Things are on the up.
it means no worries

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 63

Postby Azdgari » June 10th, 2018, 8:15 pm

[quote="Regulus"]So, according to the CDC, suicide rates have increased in 49 of 50 states in the past decade. This rise is consistent regardless of age or other demographics.

Is this not alarming enough?[/quote]
It is. The lives we lead are drastically different than what our bodies and minds were originally designed for. Biologically, I don't think we've had the time to adapt to deal with modern stress--complacency and relaxation are traits that weren't exactly favorable for the last few million years, so even when our lives are comfortable, it's difficult to de-program the natural search for threats, real or imagined, whether that's a math test or a nuclear war.

To be honest, I don't even know how capable humans are of continuing to evolve in meaningful ways, considering technology allows us to work around most of the darwinian dynamics that would traditionally drive 'improvements' in characteristics over time. But that's a whole other can of worms, and with the light-speed pace of change the world's at right now, who knows what will happen even in twenty five or fifty years.

Anyway, life can be mentally and emotionally challenging regardless of your circumstances or how 'well-off' people might appear to be. I'm hopeful that the recent trend of de-stigmatizing mental illness continues and that over time we see statistics like this start to trend back downward. Make sure to check in on people close to you, no matter how superficially fine they might seem--that's what being a good friend means!
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games