What languages can YOU speak?

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Re: What languages can YOU speak?

Postby wolfishgirl » September 25th, 2012, 7:32 pm

[quote="Woeler1"][quote="wolfishgirl"]English, American, Mexican, some Spanish, some French, some Russian, and some Hindu... I am also proficient in GIBBERISH!!![/quote]
English is basically American
Mexican does not exist, they speak Spanish there
Hindu is also not a language... I think you mean Hindi[/quote]
Yes i did mean Hindi
Mexican is a language just like Gibberish is. you add El at the beginng of every sentence, and an O at the ending of each word, for example El Helloo, myo nameo iso Wolfishgirlo.
and American is a lot different. if you knew how to speak it you would know the difference.
or it could just be the Iowan in me speaking here.
Spoiler: show
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby Eli_Ayase » September 25th, 2012, 7:35 pm

Uh ^ no... American and English is the same. Only FEW words are different. It is still the same...
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby Woeler » September 25th, 2012, 8:11 pm

[quote="MsNatalieRiddleStern"]Uh ^ no... American and English is the same. Only FEW words are different. It is still the same...[/quote]
Yes, exactly this. English is English. American is not a language.
There are those who complain about the wind, there are those who hope the wind will change, --though the wise-- the wise adjust their sails.
Woeler

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 120

Postby FlipMode » September 25th, 2012, 8:45 pm

No she is right American is different to English
It isn't, I just want to see the reaction of an American when she tells them all they do not speak English.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby wolfishgirl » September 26th, 2012, 12:05 am

would you like me to show you the differences between American and English?
Married to vish

adopted daughter werewolfgrrly

adopted sister: unikels

adopted brother: Tora

Melonie's Aunt

Thank you Rogue and Sophie for the graphics.

friends list are in the spoiler, check out if you're good enough to be one. :D

Nicholas
Nukascar1
Arani
Biomac 92
Buffy
Libre
Banana
WildSimba
TheLionPrince
VitanisMate
TheRoguePrince
Regulus
SimbaNalaScarZira123
Vish
Kuna
Unikels
OuRaion
Moka
werewolfgrrly
Tora
Juliette
James
KristinaKiara
Aina
DGFone
SharpLionson
wolfishgirl
Chocolate Chip Cookies

Warm in your belly!

Nickname(s): Wolfishgirl, Narm, Annoying girl, Alien, Angel...
Pride Points: 26

Postby Eli_Ayase » September 26th, 2012, 12:15 am

What difference is there? As I said, FEW words are different from British English <.< accents make no sense. Sheesh, chill bro. Don't get off topic about American being a "language" which is not, if you wanna, then start a thread or something... This is just a topic where you are asked to write what language you speak. JUST SAYIN'.
Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, makes no difference. The degree is arbitrary. The definition’s blurred. If I am to choose between one evil and another, I rather not choose at all. – Geralt of Rivia
[Facebook] | [DeviantART] | [FictionPress.com] | [FanFiction.net] | [My Tumblr.]
I come and go, don't question me.
Also I'm an weeaboo/otaku, fite me m8 1v1 irl.

If you find anything offensive of what I say. Then it's not my fault that you took it serious.
Eli_Ayase
Gwynbleidd

Geralt of Rivia

Location: Iorveth's Forest (United Kingdom, Cambridgeshire area)
Nickname(s): Eli, Ann, Nat, Elichika, Eri, Ayase, Elise
Pride Points: 138

Postby PrincessKiara » September 26th, 2012, 12:16 am

I speak Norwegian (native tongue)
English

I also learned German, Spanish and Russian in school, but not much of that ever stuck, lol. I do remember some German though, as I had it for all twelve years.
PrincessKiara
I`m no super genius. Or are I?

Miles To Go Before I Sleep

Nickname(s): Solle
Pride Points: 40

Postby Timon the great » September 26th, 2012, 5:28 am

Spanish (mostly understanding).

But I should because of my Mexican heritage. I can only speak it to some extent and enough to carry on a basic conversation. The same would apply to how much I can read in it. Writing in the language is the worst aspect for me.

I'm glad I can go further into it now then I could back before 2005. Because of the experience I had living in a boarding school with tons of guys from Mexico. That was a major life experience for me.

Other than that, English is my native language. Thankfully, that'll never change.
"I found a place that was beyond my wildest dreams. But..., it still wasn't home." - Timon; Lion King 1 1/2 (3)

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Timon L. Berkowitz

Pride Points: 29

Postby InsaneSeagull » September 30th, 2012, 6:29 am

Hehe, reading to yours I feel almost ashamed 8-)

Serbian (native), English and a bit of German. I'll know more someday, I guess XDD
InsaneSeagull
Asante sana!

Squash banana!

Nickname(s): Kiki, Sponge Bob
Pride Points: 105

Postby FlipMode » September 30th, 2012, 8:05 am

[quote="wolfishgirl"]would you like me to show you the differences between American and English?[/quote]

There isn't; Americans speak English. I mean you wouldn't say an Austrailian speaks Austrailian lol American is a nationality, it's not a language. I do worry about people on here sometimes... Most of the times.
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

PreviousNext

Return to Fun and Games