Characters That Inspire You

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Characters That Inspire You

Postby HereWeStand » March 2nd, 2016, 7:30 pm

Well, I spent too long a while trying to think of a possible response to the 'characters you relate to' thread and after seemingly forgetting every single piece of media I have ever seen I thought of this. :P

Basically, what characters in any book/film/video games/etc do you look up to and aspire to be like?

To start off, I think the character I look up to the most would be The Doctor from Doctor Who, and he may or may not be 80% the reason I watch the otherwise occasionally silly show. I absolutely love his (mostly) pacifist attitude and willingness to give even the most disturbing villains a chance to redeem themselves instead of instantly resorting to violence, not to mention his tendency to use wit to outsmart his enemies instead. It makes for a far more interesting approach than just instant violence like a lot of media nowadays and I think his outlook has changed mine considerably, too. This scene demonstrates his attitude fairly well.
HereWeStand
-

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Characters That Inspire You

Postby Carl » March 3rd, 2016, 10:54 am

For those who don't watch The Walking Dead, the Dixon part of my name kinda implies a character whom I really look up to.

Daryl Dixon, aka fan favorite badass, tough as nails but still has a heart in there. He... has helped me get through a lot in the past year. Because he's a good guy, he's a really great guy, even though he can appear mean or standoffish. He knows how to move on from tragedy and get things done in a way that I found really empowering and well... yeah. The dude's awesome. Who wouldn’t look up to him?

On second thought... don't answer that.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Return to Fun and Games