Wild Animal Sanctuary

Fun and Games is a fun and zany place, but please remember to follow forum rules when posting. Things can become spammy, but please refrain from posting outright spam topics. Just ask a staff member if you have any questions!

Wild Animal Sanctuary

Postby Chinook » February 11th, 2009, 6:08 am

I don't know if this is the right place to post this so if its wrong can someone please move it?
Anyway, I got some information yesterday from the Colorado Wild AnimalSactuary that I thought I'd share with you guys, as I believe you're all fellow animal lovers and would be interested.
:)
Apparently to their surprise, one of the wolves they rescused was pregnant and a litter of pups has been born. Also there is new information on the future lion queen, Gala, who was rescue along with her parents from a circus. If anyone would like me to scan in the articles (they're really short) just tell me.
Chinook

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 0

Re: Wild Animal Sanctuary

Postby Zeke » February 11th, 2009, 9:04 am

Thats so cool. I love wild animal sanctuaries as long as the animals arent locked up in cages. What kind of animals are there?
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 18

Postby Chinook » February 11th, 2009, 9:24 am

No cages. Very large fenced area. In fact you view the animals from suspened bridges, in order for the animals to have te maximum room. There are Lions, Tigers, Bears, Wolves, Leopards, Bobcats, Mountain Lions, Panthers and several more. Too many for me to remember right now.
Chinook

Postby Moka » February 11th, 2009, 6:18 pm

O_O thats quite a collection.

Its always good news to hear that a threatened animal gave birth to healthy pups ^^ Is the article online somewhere?
Moka
:D

Pride Points: 138

Postby Chinook » February 12th, 2009, 4:02 am

Yeah. I found it. Go to wildanimalsanctuary.org, under pictures & newsletters. This specific one is Spring 2009's. The wolves are front page and page 8; while Gala and her parents are on page 11. The other animals are on other pages most noatably pages 4, 6, 7, & 15. Also pages 13 & 14 give information on the situation they're trying to alleviate. Tell me if you can get the pages loaded properly because earlier today I had trouble opening some of them.
Chinook

Postby Zeke » February 14th, 2009, 2:59 am

That is awesome! I love big animals like that. I want to go now
"When the power of love overcomes the love of
power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix
Zeke
Deeq

Pride Points: 18

Return to Fun and Games