[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Kicked in the Pride (Julie Skywalker & Malenga) — My Lion King Forum

Kicked in the Pride (Julie Skywalker & Malenga)

Re: Kicked in the Pride (Julie Skywalker & Malenga)

Postby Carl » December 15th, 2013, 12:25 am

Furious all over again, Sethunya started to snap at him. However, remembering her mate's words, she shoved past the obnoxious male and addressed his brother instead.

"Well, Zaige, we would join your pride, but I won't be some slave to a brute like him. And I'm not going to let anyone push my mate around either," she said firmly. Sakina inched closer to her as she spoke and away from the pushy male. "You see, we're already our own pride, anyway. It's small, but that's fine. We can take care of ourselves after all."

As she said this, she started to slowly walk away from the males and across the savannah in a random direction. Sakina followed, staying close to her side, her eyes darting nervously between the males. The shier female spoke again, her voice barely audible, "Storming away from them because he's an ass doesn't help us gain hunters."

"Get real, 'Kina. That jerk will never hunt. He's gotta be one of those 'hunting is for lionesses' types. Let's just go," Sethunya growled, not caring if the males heard her.

"No, I won't leave it at this, mpenzi. What I see here are four lions who could use one another's help. We must be able to compromise somehow," Sakina said it more firmly, but her voice was still low and soft. Sethunya sighed and stopped, turning back to the males.

"We can try to come to an arrangement, but I'm negotiating with Zaige, not Blyds," she said finally, falling to a sitting position in the dust. With a sigh of relief, Sakina sat beside her and studied the males thoughtfully. She had worried that this might end with them alone in a desert againㅡ which normally she'd have been fine with. Sakina wasn't exactly comfortable with the males, as she wasn't comfortable with any strangers, and she'd generally prefer to be on her own with Sethunya. However, the lands were becoming more dangerous the longer they ventured, and there is safety in numbers. It would be better for all four to stick together, even if they weren't the best at getting along, because they were less likely to be targeted by rogues or hyenas or even jaguars.

And it was true that they'd had trouble with male rogues from time to time. The female was extremely aware of her stomach as she remembered the last time they'd encountered a male. The things that brute had done... it still pained her to think about. She and Sethunya had done their best to ward off the rogue's advances, but to no avail. He'd been too strong for them. He'd beaten them both and then done those horrible things to Sakina while Sethunya was forced to watch. She perfectly understood her mate's precaution and temper, but this wasn't like that. There were two, and one of them did not think the other's rash and overpowering attitude was right. In theory, they might be able to negotiate out of this situation and gain a shield against similar attacks. But she feared that if they were to just leave, the males would pursue and overpower them. Sakina knew this had to be handled carefully.

"I apologize on her behalf," she said softly addressing them both, "My mate can be rather protective of me."
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Malenga » December 15th, 2013, 2:37 am

Zaige, about to reply, was robbed of that opportunity as the more fiery one, Sethunya, stormed off. Had Blyds really made such a bad impression on her that she wasn't even willing to listen to the more level-headed brother speak? Zaige shot a small glare at his brother, who was too interested in the lionesses' conversation to be particularly interested in how they were feeling. Or at least, that's what it would seem like to the two females.

Once their council had diminished, Zaige and Blyds sat down just as Sethunya and Sakina did. They sat across from the two -- apparently mates -- and waited for anything to be said from the lionesses. After all, Blyds was the one who asked for them to join the pride. A pride they didn't even have. Yet. Zaige held his breath at their reply.

"Can I just say that there is, in no way, an expectation of you to be our slaves or anything," Zaige assured the two. He wanted them to at least feel a little more comfortable. "I don't know about you ladies and your pasts, and I'm not going to pretend to. I will say, however, we can all work together to make this work between the four of us. You need someone who can protect you from incoming males and we need someone who can help us get food," Zaige told them.

"We also need friends," Blyds added. Zaige took a peek at his brother, Blyds shrugging. "It's true. You're just too proud to admit it, bro."

Zaige didn't nod or reply with anything but an extended eye roll. He then looked back at the mates. "If ever you feel like we're not doing our job as pride protectors, you can leave. We won't keep you if you don't want to stay. However, just know that I would be...," Zaige mumbled off as he tried to think of the right words. Nothing too whinny, or weak sounding, but still not enough to give away his true emotions and wants for this small group.

The older brother watched his younger brother try and search his mental book of words, it seeming to take forever. Finally Blyds looked back at the two ladies and said it. "My brother wants to make sure you guys are looked after, even though he has no doubts you can do it on your own as you have been for the past while now, and wants to ensure that I don't have to be all on my own so he wants to build a pride to create stability between all of us."

Zaige nodded, slowly. Like he was embarrassed that it was that easy for Blyds to read him.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Nickname(s): Rina, Malenga, Mally, Mal, Giraffe
Pride Points: 6

Postby Carl » December 15th, 2013, 6:36 pm

Sethunya thought for a few moments. She looked over at her mate, knowing that they would need more than just her around soon to look after her. Knowing that it wasn't about whether or not she trusted these males. Perhaps they were good after all. The only thing that mattered though was, they weren't attacking, and they were offering to help fend off other rogues. She could take their chances with these two apparently docile males, or she could risk dangerous ones assaulting them again. If these two were dangerous, after all, they'd overpower herself and Sakina and do whatever they wanted anyway. And it was true that they'd happened upon the females sleeping and hadn't harmed them when given a perfect chance. She let out a sigh and looked the males in the eye in turn as she responded.

"Fine, we'll join your pride... but we aren't taking orders, and we're not going to just give you guys food. You two have to help with the hunting. Two hunters can't feed four mouths, and one certainly can't feed five or more," she said, the last part was much quieter and she glanced over at her mate. "And I want to be clear that I'm not doing this to help either of you, I'm doing it for her."

Sakina smiled weakly at her, a silent "thank you." They all needed each other's help, her most of all, and things would certainly be easier if they could work together. But before she had time to think about that much more, and before the males could respond, the cream coloured lioness was adding another condition.

"And neither of you can have either of us, we're not interested," she said flatly.

"I think they've got that now, Seth, don't worry so much," Sakina piped up with a flick of her tail, "You've been very clear and they'd have to be stupid to think we'll mate them."

"Or stubborn," Sethunya added under her breath.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Malenga » December 15th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Again, Blyds and Zaige took a peek at each other once she whispered, wondering if they were thinking the same thing as the other. Zaige took a look back at Sethunya, and Blyds at Sakina.

Once she proclaimed she was not going to do all the hunting, Zaige and Blyds found their eyes on each other once more. Though Zaige looked relaxed, Blyds looked a little more skeptical of her statement. Comparing the brothers' colours, Zaige was a light coloured male who could easily blend in with the grasses of Africa. However, Blyds was a red coloured male with a developing blonde mane. The only thing he could blend into was perhaps a field full of tomatoes. Nevertheless, the two shrugged to one another and looked back at the females. "We'll see how this goes," Blyds commented with a smirk. Zaige smiled, content with the mild joke his older brother made.

Blyds rolled his shoulders and flopped on the ground whilst Sethunya went off on another one of her rampages about them being able to mate with the two. If what they had secretly tried to speak about was true, then there would be no reason for the brothers to mate with one of the lionesses. And besides, they already had an idea that they weren't looking for any male partners. "Meh, don't worry about it," Blyds leaned his head forward and licked Zaige's leg, relieving some dirt from it, "This guy's playing for the opposite team anyways."

"Blyds!" Zaige remarked loudly. He placed his paw over his mouth once he realized the volume of his reply but then soon settled back into the volume of their conversation amongst the grass. "Anyways," Zaige started a new conversation before he looked down to his brother, glaring at Blyds' cub-like giggles, "You don't need to worry about us trying to mate with you two. Just please remember we need some give and take from both sides here. We should start fresh, and build the bond between us. If we don't have a bond, then other predators will sense that and we'll be targeted."

Blyds nodded his head and looked at the lionesses. He didn't know if they were looking at him or not, but he gave them a big smile despite their picture of him being that he was the bad guy in this pride. He didn't need to explain himself as he felt like he knew it was just a sham he used to conceal what he truly was. They would find out in time.

Zaige looked from Blyds to Sethunya and walked over to her. "May I speak with you in private for a moment?" he asked, softly. Looking over at Sakina, he exchanged the same smile. "I'll only keep her for a minute."
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Carl » December 17th, 2013, 10:06 pm

'Some give and take... like you protect us while we feed you and starve?' the cream coloured lioness wondered sourly, though she kept the retort to herself. What was that kind of comment supposed to mean? Did they expect her to do all of the hunting, and be their friend and subject? Was she supposed to go hungry and be insanely loyal to them? If there ever came a time she was the only one hunting, she'd see that they weren't getting a bite, Sakina needed to be well fed after all. She wasn't going to let something bad happen to her love because these two wouldn't help. And she'd certainly not be friendly with them if they were going to keep trying to walk all over the lionesses.

When Zaige asked to speak with her a moment later, Sethunya stood and walked with him, "Please tell me this involves you disclosing a way to make your brother behave more civilly. And please tell me you two seriously don't expect me to take care of all four of us- because it's just not possible. I ain't being stubborn here, just I know I'm not some kinda super lion here. What's most important is 'Kina and if you guys aren't helping, she's the only one I'm gonna look out for."

Sakina watched them walk a little ways off nervously. She glanced over at Blyds and sort of shrunk towards the earth again without having Sethunya there beside her. It looked like this situation was going to be resolved peacefully, much to her relief, and so the lioness tried throwing a weak smile at the male. He'd been a bit overbearing, but she still hoped they could all be friends, after all, he wasn't as bad as many rogues. Many of the male rogues were just completely violent and cruel. The fact that this one wasn't acting that way made her think perhaps he was just trying to act overly manly. It was kind of a logical thing to do, as males had to be tough and masculine to survive out here. The others would kill him in an instant if he appeared weak.

The brightly coloured lioness wanted to say something, to ease the tension, but she was too nervous on her own, so she remained in place, still sitting up but hunched over a bit and withdrawn, just smiling slightly at him like a simpleton. She hoped the other one would be done talking to her wife soon.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Malenga » December 18th, 2013, 12:44 am

Walking off with her, Zaige looked over his shoulder to see Sakina looking both content and discontent with being with his brother. When Sakina looked over their way, Zaige did his best to give her a reassuring smile. He then turned his attentions back to the lioness in front of him. She spouted her superior attitude around like she was the one who got to make all the rules. Although, Zaige wasn't about to create conflict on the new grounds of their relationship. He simply and sat and listened to her, nodding his head whilst he listened. Finally it was his turn to speak.

"As hard as it is to believe, Blyds isn't that bad. He's just a dumb boy who hasn't grown up yet, but you'll like him over time, I promise," Zaige said. He remembered back in their birth pride, Blyds was always the one who was excluded. Zaige had come to the conclusion that that was why he was so upfront with a flirty attitude, so that others could see nothing of his insecurities and only see the surface of him he painted so flirtatiously. "That being said, I'll tell him to cool it."

The more Zaige looked her over, he was starting to think that his question would be validated. "I don't expect you and your mate to be the providers of this pride, just as you can't expect us to be the sole protectors of the pride. We all need to give and take a little here, and we'll figure more out over time." Zaige then dropped his head and looked at his paws. "I'm not going to pretend like I know what I'm doing. My brother and I are just as lost as each other, and...," Zaige stopped, and looked up at Sethunya. He shouldn't dump his feelings on her, and so he covered himself with a smile and grunted. "Pardon me," he excused himself. He then shook himself straight and sat back up to his full height. "I just want you to know, I'm intent on keeping you two safe. Or, you three safe," Zaige raised his brows ever so slightly and gave the lioness in front of him a side smile. "Because you're walking for two, if my guess is correct."

Blyds watched through his blonde locks as Zaige walked off with Sethunya. He smirked to himself, wondering if they were going to get anything done while they were in the grass. He rolled over onto his back and used his paw to shield the sun from his face. Once he was sure the two were talking on their own now, he took a look over at Sakina. He had to admit, these two were cute with each other. Such compelling personalities stuck together and they seemed to compliment one another so well. A little part of him hoped that something like that would come along for him. But for now, he was fine with being seen as a pig. Anything to stop others from seeing beneath the false persona.

Noticing the sun was particularly bright, the lion got to his paws and walked over to Sakina. Making it look like he was simply looking her over, he identified where the sun was directing it's best light at and watched as his darkness masked some of her pelt, where his shadow was hitting her face. Finally, when he was sure that it wasn't going to be in her eyes, he sat down and watched the two speak off in the distance. Seemed fairly important, from what he could judge of body language.

"She's knocked up, isn't she?" Blyds bluntly asked.
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Carl » December 18th, 2013, 3:49 am

"Iㅡ no! I'm not... it's Sakina," she replied looking over her shoulder at the other female. She sighed and then looked back up at him, "I know not all males are gross pigs, believe it or not, and I can tell you two aren't that bad. But after what rogue males have tried to do to us before, after what that bastard did to my mate... I'm not going to let my guard down and I won't be pushed around."

She pawed at the grass for a moment before adding, "She won't be fit to hunt much longer, and if she doesn't eat enough, this... it could kill her. I'm not going to let that happen. If that means she's the only one who eats, then so be it. But that's exactly why I agreed to join up with you two. Whether I like to admit it or not I can't look out for her on my own. I certainly can't feed us on my own, and can't protect her alone either. That's why we got into this mess in the first place..."

Sethunya looked back up at the male, "I ain't spilling some sob story to try and make you like us neither. Just telling you what's going on because she ain't gonna be much help soon, in terms of survival."

---

Sakina fidgeted nervously when Blyds approached her. Then at his question, her cheeks flushed beneath her fur. She shifted and gazed toward the dirt, then answered in a very soft voice, "N-no... I am. It's why she's become so protective. After... after..." The golden and brown lioness trailed off, ashamed of herself all over again. She remembered that night still, in such detail, and shuddered at the thought. She remembered the rogue's eyes, piercing and red, she remembered his twisted scowl. She remembered his massive build that had made it so easy for him to overpower both lionesses. It was the stuff of nightmares.

She shuddered at the thoughts that flooded back to her. She glanced toward her mate in the grass nearby, feeling a fresh wave of guilt for the fact that Sethunya blamed herself for this. She considered herself "too weak" and believed that her failure had led to Sakina's fate. The orange lioness knew better. Her mate had done everything in her power to stop him, as had Sakina, but it was no one's fault but the male who'd assaulted them. It was his fault and his fault only. She felt a tear roll unbidden down her cheek and shook her head to snap back into focus.

Life had been so much easier before that. Oh how she wished she could go back! Things had changed a bit between the pair, and living had certainly become scarier. She wasn't admitting it to her mate either, because she didn't want to worry her, but Sakina was starting to really feel pregnant. It was beginning to affect her hunting, and her stamina overall. She got winded easier, and sometimes she just couldn't imagine doing anything but lay down. She was still able to function, and well enough that Sethunya didn't seem to notice how far along she was. She had been grateful for that, but now, she wouldn't have to try so hard any more, not with the extra help. That was why it was so relieving for her that they were coming to terms.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Malenga » December 19th, 2013, 9:18 pm

"Sakina?" Zaige backed his head in surprised, and instantly looked to his brother and the lioness. Now he could understand why Sethunya was so protective. Zaige could see the other female, crumbled beneath his brother's shadow. Whilst he watched her and Blyds, he let out a sigh. "Poor thing," he commented. Then looking back to Sethunya, he listened to what she had to say. Again, she went off with her self-righteous attitude, but Zaige knew it came from a place of hurt and fear. He wanted to address that, but it was too early for that in their relationship. For now, he wanted to make sure the more head-strong of the two was on their side, as he knew Sakina would follow Sethunya.

Zaige's eyes softened for Sethunya. Clearly, she was conflicted about how she was supposed to manage keeping Sakina safe as well as look out for herself and the brothers. "You can't possibly blame yourself for this whole mess," he said. Then, sitting down, he felt the need to discuss a more sensitive subject. "Have you two talked about whether you're going to keep it or not?" Zaige felt a sense of his sensitivity lacking, and so he quickly added, "Blyds and I will support whatever you decide to do with the cub."

. . .

Blyds' eyes widened, and his brows sprung up his forehead, hidden beneath his bangs. He watched the lioness for a few moments before he sighed, sounding angry. "That's so screwed up," he growled. "Why do guys do that?" He looked to the side, away from Sakina, his brows now furrowed. He knew it was probably not something she was expecting to hear from him, but he knew better about mistreating females that way. Blyds knew he talked the talk, but he could never follow through with walking the walk. He felt that males who did -- especially without permission -- were just the lowest of the feline race.

He grunted once more, almost like he was exerting his anger, and looked back down at Sakina with a softer expression. He laid down next to her, keeping his distance from the more reserved lioness. "So...," he laid his head down on the ground, still using his amber orbs to look into hers, "Who did it? You know, so when I find them I can make sure they never do it to anyone else, again."

(OOC: Would you want me to play the cub when they have it? :O )
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

Postby Carl » December 20th, 2013, 4:34 am

"It's not right to blame a cub for his father's sins," Sethunya murmured softly, "Sakina would never want to abandon her kids, much less kill them. The cub will be as much a part of her as a part of him. She actually wanted to have cubs eventually someday anyway... not like this of course, but we have to make the best of bad situations, right? Even... even if the cub looks like that monster, we will raise it. It's 'Kina's too, and I know she loves it already, even if it does scare her."

She stopped talking for a moment and sat down, swishing her talk angrily even though her voice remained soft. She scratched at a place on her foreleg unconsciously before catching the male's gaze again. Uncomfortable, the cream lioness continued after a silence, changing the subject, "So why are a couple of strong, healthy, good looking males out roaming the land on their lonesome anyway?"

---

"I knew you're kinder than you let on," Sakina murmured to the male, feeling quite a bit calmer now. "The truth is, I don't know who he was. He was just some rogue. He came up on us one night and... and... I'll never forget what he looked like though. His eyes... the crimson of a devil's. He had an elongated snout, and this twisted and sinister grin. His pelt was some shade of gray, or grayish brown, something that at least looked gray in the night, and his mane was mostly swept back. His mane was a somewhat orange colour... but those eyes, you'll know him from the eyes. They p-pierce into the soul..."

She pushed at some pebbles. It was all scary, the thought of being a mother, knowing who the father was. She wanted to find some way to abort the creatures growing in her sometimes, but it was too late for her to seriously think of such things. She could feel them, more than one, and she knew already that she loved the cubs. They were hers, and she wasn't going to let them be simply a reminder of that night. She and Sethunya would raise them together and they would not be punished for what their father had done. She would not be the instigator of any evils, especially not towards cubs.

"We'd had rogues come after us like that before, but they had always been scrawny little things, and we'd always been able to overpower them working together. This one... he was strong, built like a water buffalo, he just knocked us around and then did as he pleased... he... he made her watch..." the lioness trailed off, tears streaking down her face. She knew she shouldn't be showing such weakness in front of this near-stranger, but she didn't fear him. She knew he wasn't all that bad. Otherwise, he'd have attacked by now, wouldn't he have.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Malenga » December 20th, 2013, 5:13 am

Zaige nodded, "I understand." What else could he tell her? These cubs were a mistake, but he knew these lionesses wouldn't raise them as such. Besides, he knew that from the amount of males who were like Sakina's abuser, more cubs needed lionesses to teach them how to treat a lady right. And with two females, he was sure that the cubs were going to do just fine. Nevertheless, he wanted to do what his father had neglected to do with him and Blyds. And so, Zaige walked over to her and placed his paw on hers. A friendly gesture to the best of his abilities. "I know you may not want me to, but I will be the best father figure to those cubs as I can." He took his paw off of hers and placed it right back beside his other one. "And Blyds... well, he can be like a big brother."

Her next statement surprised him, causing him to laugh. He contained it mostly, though. With a small smile, he lightened his tone. "That's a compliment from you, Sethunya, seeing as how you aren't interested in males, it seems," Zaige told her, joking as best as he could portray. But Zaige knew he would have to answer the question. It was a new bond he was trying to form, after all. "Blyds and I just got too old for our pride. I was ready to leave, and I wanted my brother to be with me, but Blyds...," he turned his head to look at his older brother, "Something inside of him snapped the day he was told he was going to have to leave soon. He just...," Zaige shrugged, trying to describe it as best he could. Blyds was once so carefree and blissful, but their father changed him. Changed the both of them, but Zaige was much more subtle in his adjustment to rogue life. "I dunno, really. It just seemed like ever since we were told we were going to have to leave, Blyds started getting more assertive and dominant over males." He knew it would have been alarming for Sethunya, as she was beaten by a rogue, didn't like Blyds as it was, and had cubs coming that would be in the brothers' care. "He loves females and he would do anything for them. Especially our mother," Zaige shook his head, smiling warmly, "Oh, he loved that lioness like she was the jewel of Africa. I can remember going off with my father to learn about how to run a pride, and he would stay back with our mother and just cuddle with her, and...," he realized he wasn't getting into the depth of the answer. Clearing his throat, he muttered a "sorry" and then continued. "Blyds had this crazy idea that he was big enough, strong enough, prepared enough, and angry enough to overthrow our father. But he was wrong, and... he was sent packing. And of course, I followed. He's my brother, and he's the only one I have. Never in my life have I been connected to someone as much as I have him."

Zaige continued to watch over Blyds, seeing him interacting with Sakina. The lighter coloured brother was pleased to see that Sakina was getting more comfortable with him, as well as Blyds just being himself. None of this act he put on all the time. He was just being Blyds. "I love that boy with my whole heart. And I know it's hard for me to tell you that he's truly different when you get to know him, but he's my big brother and I just want everyone to see the amazing lion that he is, even if he makes mistakes that are bigger and more noticeable than others."

. . .

He rose his brow at the lioness. Somehow, he knew she was going to understand him more than Sethunya would. She was like his mother. Maybe that's why he was so able to just let loose and be himself. She was soft, and he wasn't -- or at least that's what he lead on to not being. "Your sister seems to want me gone," he snorted, dust coming into his nose when he took a breath in. It was hard to breathe when his head was in this strained position, but it was the best way to feel the heat from the earth on his chin. He liked it. He just didn't know why he liked it. "But I get she's just trying to keep you safe, so...," he wanted to boast some big deal about being able to whip her into shape, but he wasn't that type of fellow, "...yeah." That was all he could really come up with.

With another breath, he sent dirt flying in front of him. "I know it doesn't make things better and I can't undo the past, as much as I wish I could. But I know that Zaige has every intention of making sure you're looked after and cared for, even though he may not know you're pregnant. And I promise you, I'll do my part in keeping you and those cubs safe. I could be... like... the brother figure. There's always that older brother in every family who gives advice on how to get a lioness to like you, or show them how to climb a tree to snag a kill from a jaguar, or... something like that."
Malenga
Rina Bly Pauwau Malenga

Cetshwayo x Malenga

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying