[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Meaning and Purpose [Closed to Julie_Skywalker] — My Lion King Forum

Meaning and Purpose [Closed to Julie_Skywalker]

Re: Meaning and Purpose [Closed to Julie_Skywalker]

Postby Baya » July 14th, 2013, 7:52 am

(Post removed)
Last edited by Baya on January 13th, 2014, 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Postby Carl » July 16th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Vitani merely snarled at his words, and didn't look back as he moved out of her way. She stalked forward a scowl on her face, trying to forget the things he'd said. She didn't even command her underling to follow her as she began making her way back towards the Pridelands. She didn't want to be followed, she wanted time to herself to think and calm down. Sauda followed anyway, knowing it was time to skadoodle.

"Don't let him get to you," Sauda mumbled in a gruff attempt to be reassuring, "He's just talking out his ass." It was true she found the rogue attractive, but loyalty to her leader was more important than chasing tail, especially someone so... insane. Though perhaps his insanity was part of the attraction for her.

"Shut up." Vitani growled back at her as she stepped onto grass again. The darker lioness huffed.

"I will not. You're letting him get to your head and it's going to change you, maybe even drive you mad," she persisted.

Vitani rounded on her, her eyes burning and nostrils flared.

"I can take care of myself, I don't need your pity or your concern," she snarled, swatting roughly at her underling.

Sauda dodged the blow and struck back, knocking a good one to Vitani's head.

"Listen to yourself, you sound like him," Sauda muttered. The lighter lioness's eyes widened as she realized her squad member was right. She growled and spun on her heels, stalking back towards Pride Rock. She didn't want to be like him, she wanted to be the champion he wasn't. She wanted to be the lion he wasn't. The one who had reasons behind her actions, not just took out her aggression on anyone and everyone. It wasn't right, and not even Zira had trained them to be that way. They had been trained to fight, fight, fight, but not senselessly. They had fought to avenge Scar, and to make sure Kovu was alive to become the king Scar had wanted him to be.

They didn't fight just because. And Vitani didn't either. She fought him each day to spare his life and protect her pride at the same time. It was an unappreciated act from both benefactors.

Her eyes narrowed and she sighed. Kovu thought she couldn't let go of Zira's ways, and maybe she couldn't. But she wasn't fighting simply to get a kick out of it either.

"You do enjoy the fight, but I know that's not why you do it," Sauda murmured. Vitani didn't answer. "You've become quite noble, in your own way."

"I don't intend to fight tomorrow." Vitani huffed.

"Why not?"

"I won't be like him. Help me hunt in the morning so I can take some food back for that cub, and you can fight him tomorrow if you like," she said her tone still harsh, but low.

"Of course," Sauda said with a sly smile. She'd wanted to fight him anyway. Maybe if she kept stroking Vitani's "noble" side and feeding it, then she'd be able to get what she wanted out of this too.

"Speaking of that cub, she's following us," the darker lioness informed her companion.

"I know," Vitani replied, "See what she wants."

Obeying, Sauda stopped and turned back towards the youngster. She raised her voice so as to make sure the cub could hear at the distance she was at and called out, "You want somethin'?"
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Baya » July 17th, 2013, 2:08 am

(Post removed)
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Carl » July 17th, 2013, 2:49 am

"A name?" Sauda huffed, surprised at the cub's request, "Don't you have one?"

But Vitani had swiveled around and moved in close to examine the cub. There was something about this little one that made her stand out from the others. She couldn't quite put a paw on it, but this runt was definitely full of potential. It wasn't surprising that Baya had taken her inㅡ she was clearly not like most cubs her age.

"Ushujaa," Vitani said, "Already I can see you're brave."

Sauda snorted, "Wouldn't Vumilia be better? Considering all she'll have to endure?"

Vitani cut her eyes back at the darker lioness before returning her gaze to the youngster.

"Ushujaa," she said again.

"Well it does fit too," Sauda muttered, remembering that she wanted to stay on Vitani's good side.

"There's a name from us both. You can take whichever you prefer," Vitani told the child before coming to a full stand again and looking down her nose at the cub, "Or don't if you don't like them."
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Baya » July 17th, 2013, 3:34 am

(Post removed)
Baya

Postby Baya » July 17th, 2013, 4:05 am

Baya

Postby Carl » July 17th, 2013, 3:06 pm

Vitani raised an eyebrow at the cub and exchanged a glance with Sauda. The darker lioness shrugged, and with that, they turned and continued on their way back to the Pridelands. When they arrived, most of the lions were sleeping, but not Kovu. He sat perched upon the promontory, his eyes blazing.

Vitani rolled her eyes. This would be beautiful. She could already hear him telling her off.

He'd say, "You fought him again, didn't you. What's wrong with you, why can't you just live the peaceful life like the rest of us? Why cling to Zira's ways? Why must you fight?"

Or something along those lines anyway. She cocked her head to the side as she noticed the little princess napping not far from where the dark prince of the Outlands stoodㅡ Kiara must not have wanted to leave Kovu out here waiting on his own. As far as she was concerned, he was not and would never be king. Not without killing Simba. That was the only way it could be done. One could become king through birthright or conquest, marrying the princess would only make one of royal blood king. Not Kovu.

"Go get some rest. You'll need it," Vitani murmured to her companion as she strode up onto Pride Rock to meet with her brother.

"Good evening, brother. You're up late," the lioness purred in a somehow sinister way, and went on before he could speak, "Don't worry, I won't fight him tomorrow. I won't fight anymore. He's got a cub out there, so I'll be hunting for her and taking the food there, but I won't be fighting."

It was only partially a lie. She would fight, but not always. Sauda could do it sometimes for her. The dark lioness wasn't quite as good as Vitani, but she should put up enough of a fight to satisfy the rogue's hunger for battle anyway.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Baya » July 17th, 2013, 6:37 pm

(Post removed)
Baya

Postby Carl » July 17th, 2013, 7:44 pm

"Should I let a cub die because you're worried?" she snapped at him as he turned his back, "I try to be like those precious Pridelanders you adore and you scold me like a cub for it!"

Snarling, she leapt in front of him to block his path. "Would you rather me kill and let die as Mother would have had me do? Wouldn't a Pridelander do what was necessary to spare lives? If you want me not to fight, fine. I'll just let Baya come up here and kill your little princess and all her friends. Is that what you want, huh! Is it?" she growled, her eyes sharp and her words pointed.

"Would your sweet little Kiara leave a cub alone with a dangerous rogue, would she leave it to starve or die at his paws? Is that what a good lion does?" she asked more quietly, so as to avoid waking anyone who'd slept through this so far.

She couldn't believe he was acting so high and mighty like this. It was like she didn't even know him. Sure he'd let their Mother's favoritism get to his head sometimes, but he'd always been more of a subordinate. Her designs had been for him to be king, but he was someone who did as he was told. This power he'd obtained in Simba's illness had gone straight to his head.

Her tail swishing from side to side, she strode past him. She knew if she continued arguing her case it would get her nowhere, he'd become someone else from the Kovu she'd grown up with. So she only made one final statement before hopping off the rock and heading to the sunning area at the back where the lionesses from her former pride tended to stay:

"You're not really the king, remember. You can't force me to do what you want me to. If you don't want me protecting our pride, that's your problem."
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Baya » July 17th, 2013, 8:02 pm

(Post removed)
Baya

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying