[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - A Well Deserved Rest (DGFone and AmyMarie) — My Lion King Forum

A Well Deserved Rest (DGFone and AmyMarie)

A Well Deserved Rest (DGFone and AmyMarie)

Postby DGFone » November 12th, 2013, 12:01 am

The new king stared at his pride, feeling finally like he had done something properly. For many long and painful days, he worked tirelessly with everyone else in order to bring the Pride Lands back from the brink of permanent destruction caused by Scar's pathetic reign during the terrible drought. Not knowing how to be a king when he took over the pride, Simba felt many times like quitting and letting someone else take over, but every single time he was convinced to stay, and finally, all the hard work and sleepless nights payed off. For once, the kingdom can survive without constant monitoring.

Which is why he had asked Zazu to gather the pride. After a few days of discussing it with Nala, the two of them agreed that what he wanted to do was a good idea, and today he was going to inform the rest of the pride. Most of them already knew that he was planning something, but he had yet to formally say anything, and so the rest of the pride could only speculate until now.

With everyone around him, he cleared his throat to get their attention. "Everyone, as you may have heard from others, Nala and I have been discussing something. As we are all very well aware, we can finally start to relax now that we know for certain that the Pride Lands, our home, will once again flourish. Our efforts, I am delighted to say, have not been in vain." Simba paused to let the words sink in. "However, as many of you found out the hard way, I came here wholly unprepared for the task, and I am afraid that at many times, it was more than I was ready to handle. However, I have learned a lot, and now I feel confident that I can be a good king. But now that the Pride Lands are safe again, I discussed it with Nala and mother, and we agreed that it won't cause any harm if Nala and I take a few days off."

He waited to hear if anyone would object, but didn't notice any opposition. "I will leave mother, Zazu, and a few others such as Sarafina when we will be gone. Currently, Nala and I are planning to leave tomorrow morning. We won't be gone for too long, only for about a week. I see no reason to worry about this. When we will come back, I will retake my position as king, and I hope that things continue to improve as they are right now."

Having said everything he wanted, Simba nodded and called off the meeting. As the pride dispersed, he went over to Nala, grinning. "Doesn't look like anyone minds us being gone. Are you excited? Finally some time to rest!"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Re: A Well Deserved Rest (DGFone and AmyMarie)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 12th, 2013, 7:41 am

Nala stood and watched her mate speak proudly. Ever since that faithful day where he reclaimed the Pridelands, she had been more in love with him than their time in the jungle. After years of thinking he was dead to him speaking before her as an adult, it all seemed a bit surreal. After he had finished, the lioness looked around. He was right. Nobody did seem to mind.

Nala's lips curled into a wide smile and her green eyes shone with old cubbish adventure.
"Of course I'm excited!" she sat and her tail flicked for a moment. She caught her mother's eye and knew she'd have to say goodbye at some point. "Did you have anything planned? Any places you want to drop by?" she asked him curiously.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby DGFone » November 12th, 2013, 7:58 am

Simba smirked at Nala. He refrained from telling anyone where he planned to go so far. For one thing, he wanted to keep it a secret until the last minute, where he would tell Zazu and his mother just so that should he and Nala not come back, the pride would know where to search for them. But the main reason why he didn't tell anyone where he planned to go was the simple reason that he until now didn't have much time to really think of where. All he knew for certain was that it wasn't going to be the Pride Lands. After all that work going into restoring them, he was rather sick of them.

"Well I was thinking..." He frowned, realizing that he was coming up empty. In his entire life, he really only lived in two places: The Pride Lands and the jungle. Speaking of which... "Yeah, so how about this: How about we go to the jungle where I lived with Timon and Pumbaa? You've only briefly seen it, and so I can show you around some more." He thought for a bit longer. While the jungle sounded like a good idea, Simba also knew that food was an issue. Well, it would be an issue unless Nala would settle on eating grubs all day long. Somehow now that he was back with the pride and food wasn't scarce anymore, switching back from meat to insects again wasn't sounding all that appetizing anymore. Not without Timon and Pumbaa around making jokes about it and making meals fun, and he didn't want to bring his two friends along. This was going to be just hum and Nala.

"Yeah..." Having made up his mind, Simba nodded decisively. "Yeah, the jungle is a great place to go. Crossing the desert won't be hard, and if we ever get bored, we can always explore the lands around the jungle as well." What Simba didn't mention was that he also would like to search for that pool Rafiki showed him right before Mufasa showed up. The only problem was that he had no clue how to find that secluded body of water. Searching for it would make quite the adventure with Nala, though.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 14th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Nala listened intently. She remembered the jungle fondly. It was such a relieving, beautiful sight after going through adolescence and trying to survive during Scar's reign. She thought of the first time she had drunk water there. Nala smiled. That jungle had brought the life back into her when she needed it most.

"I'd love to go to the jungle" Nala replied tenderly. "It seems such a lovely place from what I've seen" she added. The desert sounded a bit daunting, but Simba had crossed it twice is his time so it shouldn't be a problem. She had crossed it once herself, but she was in a state when she did so.

She hadn't enjoyed a moment of it. "That sounds like a plan!" she exclaimed. She wondered if Simba had anything specific planned for their trip, but she was just happy to get away.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby DGFone » November 15th, 2013, 2:13 am

Simba grinned again and nodded foolishly. "Yeah, it's quite the place." He didn't really know how he felt about the jungle now that he really thought about it. That jungle was where he had spent some of his worst days relieving the death of Mufasa, often alone and at night with no one to comfort him. But at the same time, he had also spent some of his best days there a well. With Nala it could be completely different though. Simba was quite glad that now that he decided to return there, that he will be taking her with him.

"Hey, there is still some stuff I need to do before we will be able to leave, so unless you want to go and do some boring king stuff with me, I think I'll be seeing you this evening..." While Simba rather hated the idea of leaving Nala right now, he wouldn't enjoy her company all that much while he worked, and he also knew that she often didn't enjoy simply sitting in the side lines either. The lack of time he spent with her was one of the many reasons why he was so eager to get everything in top notch today, so that he will be able to properly relax and enjoy the break with her without any worries from back home. He gave his mate a quick nuzzle before getting up with a sigh. "I'll be seeing you around."

Spoiler: show
I think we can skip to the next morning if you want
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 16th, 2013, 4:48 pm

Spoiler: show
Alright then. I'll skip to the next morning

Nala had been waiting impatiently for the next morning to arrive. Especially after Simba departing yesterday to do some business. She had nuzzled him and said goodbye, but wasn't too pleased with him. So when the sunlight finally filled the Royal Cave, she awoke with a wide smile. Simba was still asleep, but Nala could see her mother sitting outside beside Sarabi.

She stood up and stretched out, letting out a quite yawn to not wake up her mate. She padded along outside and sat next to the others.
"Good morning Mother, good morning Sarabi" she said softly. The two older lionesses nodded respectfully at the young Queen. She was in a position above them after all.
"Good morning dear" Sarafina responded, watching as Sarabi was quickly snatched up into a conversation about how amazing her son was and what a good job he was doing.

"I just wanted to say goodbye properly, since me and Simba are leaving today". Nala's mother smiled gently. Her daughter hadn't changed much. Even as a cub she always informed her that she was going out and about and she always said goodbye.
"I do wish you the best of times dear. Do be careful" Sarafina replied. She also remembered how the two got into rather dangerous adventures as cubs.
"I'll be careful Mom". Nala gave her ageing mother a nuzzle and she returned it happily.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby DGFone » November 17th, 2013, 12:49 am

With Nala no longer next to him, it wasn't too long before the cold den air woke Simba up. Yawning, he felt around for her, and was forced to actually look around for her when he didn't feel her by his side. He soon quickly spotted her outside, talking with Sarabi and Sarafina.

Letting out one last yawn, Simba got up and left the den. "Morning mom, Sarafina," he greeted, "ready to go, Nala?"Having spent all of the previous day tying up all the lose ends, he wasn't aware of anything he needed to make sure to do today. Sarabi and Sarafina already knew that the pride was forbidden from hunting Timon and Pumbaa, and that was his main concern about his friends.

All that was left was to say his goodbyes and they can go. "Mom, I checked yesterday, and everything seems to be in order... I guess we'll be leaving now then. And I... we'll be seeing you soon then." He turned to Nala's mother. "Goodbye, Sarafina. I'll make sure nothing happens to Nala."
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Return to Lion King Roleplaying