[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo) — My Lion King Forum

A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo)

Re: A New Tale of the Pride Lands (Julie and Adofo)

Postby Carl » December 10th, 2014, 6:21 am

Sarabi and her hunting party were returning, she dragging the body of a gemsbok having been unable to catch the zebra her son had wanted this day, a few of the other lionesses pulling their kills along with them as well. As the queen approached the den on Pride Rock, she was surprised to see Scar evacuating it as Mufasa brought Adofo back. Wearing a stern expression, she released the carcass in her jaws and addressed them.

"Why are you up walking around, son?" she asked Adofo while her gaze remained locked on Mufasa's eyes.
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Nickname(s): Just call me Carl Marx.
Pride Points: 269

Postby Adofo » December 10th, 2014, 6:42 am

Adofo: ...I just wanted to talk to Uncle Scar.
Mufasa: It's okay, Sarabi. I've already talked to him about not walking around.
Adofo then got a very sorry and sad look on his face.
Adofo: I'm sorry, mommy...
Mufasa went over to his mates kill and dragged it a little closer to his son.
Mufasa: Here you go, Dofo.
Adofo: Thank you, mom!
Adofo started tearing into his mothers kill. Hoping she wasn't too terribly upset with him.
Mufasa turned his attention back towards his mate.
Mufasa: I told him that he shouldn't do it again. And also if he kept walking with it being so bad, it would get worse.
Adofo glanced up at his mother while eating to see if she looked like she was about to chew him out for walking with his leg as bad as it was.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Nickname(s): Dofo, Dr. Cody, Dr. Dofo
Pride Points: 53

Postby Carl » December 11th, 2014, 1:30 am

"The zebra were scarce today," she said softly, before setting her gaze firmly on Mufasa again, "We will talk later."

"Hey mom!" Simba called, appearing from around the corner of Pride Rock. "The other lionesses said you'd brought food."

"Yes, Simba, share the gemsbok with your brother," Sarabi told him with a loving smile. Then she returned her attention to Mufasa yet again, "When Adofo is done eating we must put him to bed and see that he rests; it will not do for him to... fidget about much."

(Sorry it's short again, you really aren't giving me much to go on and my creativity is elsewhere now.)
Carl

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » December 11th, 2014, 1:57 am

( I know! Sorry! I'm giving it all I've got but I can't really think of how to make even mine longer! Maybe we should I dunno...add a small part to the story that way we both have more to talk about. Cuz right now it's just stuck like this. And I know how much you hate that and I do too. So if there is anything you can think of to spice things up so there's more going on that we can both work with, please tell me. I made you run with my crazy rhino idea so if you have anything you want to add, don't be shy!)

Mufasa: Yes dear.
Adofo was relieved his mother didn't snap or yell at him for what he had done. He gladly let his younger brother join him with his meal.
Mufasa on the other paw, went to the very back and laid down beside his own brother to try to talk.
Mufasa: Hey Scar.....you know.....everyday I see the boys growing closer and closer together.....it reminds me of the days when we were once like that. And...just how much I miss it. I know you were upset when father said I was going to be next in line.....but I've always regretted it in some way because.....it made me lose my little brother. I can't change being King.....but if there is anything I can do to try to make it up to you...just say so. I don't want to be your enemy anymore. I remember when we were their age and we used to play together all the time! We would play tag and try pinning each other all the time! And you always liked to be sneaky about pinning me! I just could never see those coming! But my point is.....I miss my brother.
As their father was walking away, Adofo turned to his brother to say something.
Adofo: Hey Simba.....I know that you.....feel guilty about what happened.....and you can't deny it.....it's in your eyes. .....But I did what I did because I wanted too. I wanted to protect you. It's not your fault. It's my job as your older brother to look after you and protect you when you need it because...I love you.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » December 14th, 2014, 8:08 pm

(I think we need to progress the story... we're waiting on you having Mufasa show Simba the kingdom, that's what's holding us back. I told you it's up to you when and how you do it, but I don't have any more story for this segment. Also, Scar had already left the cave; so again you need to pay attention to my posts if we are to continue this. This time, I'll play along with what you wrote, but if it happens again, I won't post again until you fix the discrepancies.)

"If we are enemies, it is entirely your doing, Mufasa; you never understood and you still don't. We used to play together like they do because we used to be brothersㅡuntil you let your future as king change you," Scar replied, his voice as emotionless and bored as it had grown accustomed to being with his brother. He studied his paw boredly as he went on, "You let it go to your head. You became cocky. You berated me; incessantly putting me down because I would not live up to the title you would. Maybe you saw it merely as cubhood teasing, but that's not what it was to me. You alienated me from the rest of the pride, Mufasa.

"You can try to make up for it, and maybe something will improve; but you're too late to ever undo the damage."

With that, the dark lion rose on his paws and strode away, making his way back to his cave and the gray cub within, wondering if there even was something Mufasa could do to make up for all the wrong he'd done, and deciding that there probably wasn't. The king had made his bed and he would have to lay in it.

Meanwhile, unaware of what had occurred between the two adults, Simba just smiled at his brother, "I love you too, 'Dofo."
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » December 14th, 2014, 9:31 pm

(Sorry)

The man cub pulled his adoptive brother close for a hug and held him tight. He had a huge smile on his face and he even gave him a kiss on the cheek.
"I never want anything to happen to you! I'll always protect you! I promise!"

Mufasa sighed. Had he really been that cruel to his own brother? He felt guilty and angry at himself knowing of how he could do such a thing to him. He knew he had to at least try to think of something or some way to try to make it up to him. He was disappointed with himself more than anything, being so oblivious to his past actions, never and pondering if what he had done in the past actually hurt his younger brother. He had to pull himself together. He took a deep breath and stood up as he went back to his mate and sons but put a smile on his face, so they wouldn't worry.
"Hey boys?! How would you like for me to show you the Pridelands tomorrow morning? Adofo, if you would like to come, and of course if it was fine with your mother, I could carry you around as to not stress your injury any further."

The young ape cub eyes opened wide, he really wanted to join his father and brother to see the lands.
"Mom! Can I go!? Please! Please! Please!!!!! I really want to go! I promise I won't walk! I promise! Please let me go! Please!"
The hairless cub looked up towards his mother with big sad eyes. He wanted to come along more than anything.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Postby Carl » December 19th, 2014, 1:09 am

"Hmmm..." Sarabi pondered, "You could always show them from Pride Rock's peak, way above the cave, couldn't you, dear? It would be safer and easier to get Adofo up there, and you can see the whole kingdom at dawn's light."

"WOW! You can really see that far from up there?" Simba gasped, his mouth agape, "Coooooool! Dad, you gotta take me and 'Dofo up there!"

Sarabi laughed, "I don't think you have a choice now Mufasa. Just be sure to keep Adofo away from the edge; we can't risk it with his bum leg, he could fall very easily."

Simba pranced merrily around his father's feet, purring as he playfully frolicked over golden pawtoes, eagerly awaiting the king's verdict, and hoping that his mother's suggestion would be taken.
Carl

Welcome to Carlmunism.

Postby Adofo » December 19th, 2014, 6:19 am

Mufasa pondered for a moment. Just for the fun of making his sons worry about him saying no.
"Well.....okay!" The King said with a smile. "And 'Dofo, you do need to be careful when walking around. Especially up on top of Priderock."

"Yes sir. I'll be careful." Suddenly the man cub grabbed his leg in pain. "Ahh! It still hurts!" The man cub started to rub his leg in the spot that was the most tense from his painful injury.

"I know it hurts, son. But it'll get better soon! And again.....we're very proud of you for what you did to protect your brother! That was very noble and courageous of you!" The King placed his paw on his sons should and nuzzled the top of his head.

"Thank you.....but you know.....I would do it again in a second...even right now if I had too.....just to protect my little brother!" He smiled at his adoptive brother as he said that. He meant every word with all his heart.
Adofo
Brother of Simba

Son Of Mufasa and Sarabi

Previous

Return to Lion King Roleplaying