[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Private: DGFone and VitanisMate — My Lion King Forum

Private: DGFone and VitanisMate

Re: Private: DGFone and VitanisMate

Postby VitanisMate » January 13th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Nzuri immediately noticed his negative reaction and so began to formulate a new idea in her head, absolute sympathy. She looked towards the young male lion and noticed he had some sympathy for her already in his eyes. 'This fool is already in my trap I have laid for him,' she thought to herself, and began to think what she would say next. She noticed how the sun of the savanna was beating down hard on her fur and figured it was long past midday, meaning she had been without food for a day or two.

Nzuri looked towards the young lion and immediately started her need to make him feel sorry for his earlier comment. "Oh Delano I am so sorry! I know I should know how to hunt. My father is right, I am a bumbling fool and don't deserve to live. I know you are the better hunter Delano and when you catch this meal you can keep all of the meat. Leave none of it for me." She awaited his response at her harsh words towards him to make him reconsider his harsh face a few moments ago.

Nzuri stopped however, when she quickly noticed the antelope she had smelled before in front of her and quickly ducked down into the tall grass before it could see her. She looked towards Delano and told him, in a whisper, "There it is." She waited for Delano's response and how the antelope would react and figured the battle would be joined.
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Hey Cyrus you are no longer allowing PMs.

Nickname(s): VM
Pride Points: 6

Postby DGFone » January 18th, 2018, 6:38 am

"What? No, you are not a bumbling fool!" Delano winced at listening to what Nzuri was saying. He really didn't mean to sound like he thought less of her. Just that he was surprised that she didn't know how to hunt, that's all! Well, maybe he did think a little bit less of her because of it. But just a little. Plus, next time he wants to complain about something, he doesn't have to open his mouth about it, so Delano didn't really have anyone else to blame but him.

He was about to say something else, but the antelope that they had tracked down made a startled noise, and was glancing around nervously at their direction. Anymore wrong moves, and the next meal would be running off instead. "Alright," Delano whispered, "just watch for now and see what I am doing. But.. don't get involved!" Crouching low, he left Nzuri without waiting for a response, hoping that she would pay attention to him. After all, if she really didn't know how to hunt, then there is no reason for her to join in now.

Although as he crept slowly towards the antelope, taking a longer, round about way to avoid accidentally getting spotted, Delano felt rather nervous. Their chosen prey looked like a rather fit specimen, which while it meant that the meat would be very good, also meant that he wasn't so sure about his own abilities at catching it at all. Plus, won't it be ironic if he were to make himself look like an utter fool right in front of Nzuri, especially right after just meeting her? Allowing himself a quick look around, Delano couldn't see the lioness anywhere, so perhaps she did listen to him and was simply observing.

Trying to ignore his nervousness, he crept ever more closer, knowing that it was only a matter of time before the antelope would notice him, and he would have to sprint after it.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby VitanisMate » January 21st, 2018, 3:54 am

Nzuri stepped back and did just what he said, observe. Besides, she figured, messing up the hunt for this game would not bring Delano close to her at all but would just make him more annoyed at her. As she watched and waited, she again surmised that the male felt wrongdoing for his earlier comment and figured she could use that to her advantage. As she waited, she knew what she must do to really get Delano to notice how bad her father really was. As she waited, she only observed him half-heartedly, showing no concern for the game at hand.

The antelope heard rustling sounds and immediately thought about making a run for it, but held off as the savanna grass was delicious for this time of the year. However, the antelope soon awoke from its slumber as it noticed the male lion bite into it. It tried to flail the lion off, and used it hooves to hit the lion in the head but soon it began to feel weak from the loss of blood and cursed the male lion as it slumped over and breathed its last. The antelope accepted the inevitable, as it saw the male lion make one last bite on its neck, silencing the creature for good. Nzuri walked over to Delano to begin her own congratulation, aware that she needed the compliment to start her own mind-weaving on him.

As she approached him she began to say, "Oh Delano that was such a good job. You really are the best hunter I have ever seen. I am glad I stayed out of the way. Any lioness would be lucky to have a good hunter like you, and need I mention handsome?" She paused as she let her words sink in for him and then looked around. "Well as I said this meat is all for you. I will have none."

As she waited for him to enjoy his meal she immediately gave him a depressed look as she looked down to her paws. "I am so glad to be here with you and not my pride. My father...he uh abuses me."
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby DGFone » January 22nd, 2018, 5:23 am

For a while, all Delano was able to do was to stand over his kill, trying to regain his breath while wondering at what had just happened. He really didn't expect to succeed in this hunt. In fact, even before the chase had even started, he had already started to try and come up with a lecture to Nzuri about how hunting rarely resulted in success, especially against healthy prey. And yet, somehow, he caught the antelope.

Just about ignoring Nzuri's comments to him when she caught up, he finally decided that yes, he was hungry, and with this fresh kill, why not start to eat? Digging in, it took him a while to realize that the lioness was next to him. He wasn't sure why she was refusing to eat, so he motioned at his kill. "You know, this is too much for me. Dig in." Besides, as it was his kill, he didn't want to have to leave behind a significant amount of fresh meat for someone else to find and scavenge. If there were other lions in the area, or worse, hyenas, they could very easily dine on Delano's kill today, and fight him tomorrow - a prospect he didn't like one bit. Besides, it wasn't like-

"-He what?" Delano had almost missed Nzuri's last comment to him due to not paying attention. "Why would he do that?" Sure, he himself had been run out of his pride, but it wasn't like his relationship with his pride was bad. Delano had gotten along rather well with his pride-members, something that made the sudden transition to roguehood rather more painful. But it also meant that Delano had a hard time grasping that someone else might not get along with their parents. "You... you're not pulling my leg here, are you?"
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Postby VitanisMate » May 14th, 2018, 2:28 am

Nzuri now looked at the male and decided for now to hold back any details he wanted to know, knowing that if she moved to fast suspicion would be aroused and also, the mystery would draw the male closer to her. She immediately acted paranoid by him looking at her for questions and said, "Oh no sir! I am sorry I said that. I, I am just...it is not important about my father!" She tried to leave the impression that the lion Delano would have to gain her trust more before she would reveal further details.

Nzuri continued to watch Delano analytically, but ceased as she noticed that he offered her food. She quickly thanked him before hesitating. Her hesitation was the hope that the male would notice that hesitation and push himself closer to her by him noticing how she was a, 'whipped cub,' yes that was the right word and how she should present herself! After this, Nzuri quickly dug into the food, getting her fill as it were, and again looked back towards Delano. She noticed how attractive he was really for the first time, without any of her ulterior motives, and looked away in embarrassment. However, she decided now was the time for herself to acquaint herself further with Delano and said to him, "So Delano, tell me, do you prefer antelope or warthog better?" It was a wierd question she admitted, but a question that could get rid of the great barriers between their empathy for each other.

She continued to await his answer and decided to put some humor in the conversation between them, "It is pretty ridiculous that I can't hunt isn't it?" she said chuckling a little at the situation that had just happened where Delano had been able to catch an antelope by himself.
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Postby DGFone » July 10th, 2018, 5:42 am

"No, I actually can't say that it's that ridiculous," Delano admitted, hoping that he wasn't hurting Nzuri's feelings any further. While he was indeed disappointed that she wasn't going to be too useful at helping him get food, the fact that she was potential company meant that he would rather be saddled with some extra burden rather than go off be and be alone again. "It was really just a matter of luck that I was able to catch this antelope like that. Normally, I doubt I would have done it myself as well, honest!"

Not sure if what he was saying was actually helping him or not, Delano quickly thought of an idea. If he was ready to team up with Nzuri, there was no real reason why she won't be able to start helping out later on. "Tell you what," he added after some hesitating, "it's really not that big of a deal that you don't know how to hunt. I uh, am not sure how good at it I'll be, but for what it's worth: What if I teach you myself?"

He looked at Nzuri, smiling a little, hoping that she would accept his idea. If he was a bad teacher, the attempt could end up blowing up in both of their muzzles, but Delano doubted that the risk was that high. Sure, his own pride didn't teach him too much on hunting when he was still with them, but being alone does teach one very fast, so he had at least some idea of what he was talking about - the antelope now being shared by the two of them was proof of that enough.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby VitanisMate » July 11th, 2018, 3:20 am

Nzuri quickly smiled and nodded at the male's blathering, thinking that he talked too much, but keeping her displeasure with his talking hidden from him. She again nodded when he mentioned it was all luck and quickly said to him, "Well regardless of the luck or not you did quite well at taking that antelope down. I hope one day I will be able to do the same thanks to your training." She quickly looked at the antelope again, half-eaten and took another bite before licking her lips and looking at Delano yet again.

She again looked down at her paws, before looking at Delano, a new idea shining forth, "Delano I'll tell you what. Next time I will go with you on the hunt and finally catch prey for the first time. I will show you how useful I can be!" with her eyes shining brighter as the sun reflected them forth. She then said softly, hoping the male would listen and take notice of her words, "Delano I thank you for not judging me. No male has ever done that before. I will be better."

As she finally relaxed she again looked towards the arid savanna and hoped her magic was working on Delano. It would require weeks, maybe months, of constant labour but the plan would work. She smiled of her image in her mind as she imagined using this gullible male to kill her father and then take over her own pride as this male as the leader and her mate. Sure it sounded sinister and selfish but she sighed inwardly as she figured everyone is selfish in their own way and this was hers.
Last edited by VitanisMate on July 11th, 2018, 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Postby DGFone » July 11th, 2018, 5:41 am

Delano didn't know what to say in response to Nzuri. "I um, well, I try not to judge others, even if I do it rather often," he muttered sheepishly, mentally kicking himself in the head for saying something so stupid. Unable to think of how else to recover from this, he tore another chunk of meat from the kill and chewed on it absentmindedly.

Unlike the lioness next to him, Delano didn't have too many plans on what to do for the future. After being kicked out of his pride during the takeover, he was too busy simply surviving in order to worry about any grand plans or wants. It was rather sad, now thinking about it, that his short conversations with Nzuri were the most contact he had with another lion in a long time. Most other animals either didn't care enough to partake in a conversation with him, tried to run away, or worst of all, tried to kill him instead.

A strange feeling of familiarity and nostalgia swept over Delano as he realized that since he was exiled from his home, this was the first meal he got to share with someone else. Sure, he had only just met Nzuri, but he decided that he really was going to try and make this work. The two of them together sounded a lot nicer compared to going back to being alone, which just yesterday he had thought he was rather content with. Now, imagining walking off into the savanna by himself only made Delano feel lonely. No, even if Nzuri was determined to call herself 'useless', then he was going to change her mind about that.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Postby VitanisMate » July 12th, 2018, 4:47 am

Nzuri noticed Delano seemed nervous answering her comment about not judging and kept that to herself as a reminder later to use against him. She noticed him tearing at another piece of meat and said, "Well Delano it looks like we will be together for a while at least. Tell me more about yourself and I will tell you more about me also. It will help us to pass the time and not to be nervous around each other."

As she awaited his response she again drifted off into the future and imagined the immense power this male and herself would have killing her father and her own power and privilege. Did she want this? Of course she did! She wanted the power and all this male has wanted so far it seems is her company and eating. Why didn't he think about more important things?! Nzuri quickly decided that after the weeks of constant labour at making this male have sympathy for her and kill her father she would make him have the same ambition that she had. In the end he would want the power too!

She again looked towards Delano and said, "You can teach me to hunt whenever you want Delano and I promise I will listen to everything you say and not mess up on anything. I know you not take offence at my lack of skills but I want to reassure you anyway. I am here to listen to someone who is wiser and has more experience. I am at your command." She again stopped talking and looked towards the savanna as she quickly noticed the arid heat had brought heavy clouds and a humid moisture over the savanna. Hopefully change was approaching and the change was good, at least this male would change and care for a change about Nzuri's wants and desires, even if they were all about her.
VitanisMate
See ya later MLK

Postby DGFone » July 12th, 2018, 6:16 am

Delano couldn't help but grin despite himself at how Nzuri was acting. "All right, now you're just pushing it," he replied, feeling somewhat awkward. "I said I wanted to teach you, not... order you around." Even as he said this, it just sounded weird to him. "Anyways," he motioned at the remains of the kill, "really the first rule about hunting is that since it's dangerous, only do it when you really need or really want to. If you don't need to hunt, don't."

A memory came into his mind, one that he tried to use as often as possible even after being run out of his pride. Especially after. Muttering to himself, he tried to recall the exact wording he was told. "How did it go..? Oh, right!"

Settling himself comfortably down, Delano started to recite something very simple that he was told applied to all of live in general. "You only want to ever use the least amount of energy to achieve your goals as possible," he explained, "simply put: Don't sprint if you can run. Don't run if you can jog. Don't jog if you can walk, and don't walk if you can sit. And finally, don't sit if you can lie down." He lay down, further emphasizing his point. "One of my pride's lionesses taught me that when I was younger," he went on to explain to Nzuri, "so in some ways, you both got a lesson on hunting as well as learning a bit more about my past." He grinned. "Satisfied?"
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

PreviousNext

Return to Lion King Roleplaying