Be Careful, Princess!

Re: Be Careful, Princess!

Postby TheWhistlerify » July 5th, 2010, 4:35 pm

Oh, today? that's fast. However that yesterday's today was 4 am for me so I guess I'll only see it tomorrow
Sometimes I simply sit down and write because I cannot help it. Who knows, perhaps one day something will come out of it. Writing is the only thing that, when I do it, I don't feel I should be doing something else.
My 'The Lion King' fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10370841/1/
My 'Pokémon' fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9017329/1/
TheWhistlerify
Bananas

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Good source of potassium

Nickname(s): TW
Pride Points: 22

Postby divsalley » July 8th, 2010, 6:26 pm

Epilogue

Mohatu was pacing back and forth inside Pride Rock... No news of Uru had reached him for over a moon. All the search parties he'd sent returned with no conclusive proof of where Uru went. And even though one party had been able to track her till the far western border, there were no signs of her after that. This infuriated him more than anything, because he couldn't afford to send away so many lionesses for an indefinite period of time. Tahiti had gone with one of the groups to look for any sign of Uru. So when he heard someone come in, he whipped around, hoping for good news.

"What is it?" Mohatu asked the lioness a little too curtly, since she was not from the search party, but one of the lionesses guarding the borders. "Forgive me, but... I'm still waiting for news from my daughter."

"I understand, Sire, but this is urgent! A pride just walked into our borders! They're heading straight for Pride Rock!" the lioness said. Mohatu's eyes widened in surprise.

"Then why didn't you stop them?" Mohatu asked her impatiently.

"Because, Sire, the Princess was with them! She was leading the way!" the lioness finished. When Mohatu looked at her again, he could see she was smiling.

"Thank you," Mohatu said gratefully as he felt relieved for the first time since Uru left. Then he leapt off the ledge with the agility of a much younger lion and ran to find Tahiti. But there was no need for it. She was coming to see him with the same, relieved look on her face.

"Let's go get our daughter, Mohatu," Tahiti said and they both ran towards the western border, where the lioness had found them.

Ahadi watched as Uru's muscles tensed. He also noticed that they were getting closer to the den she called Pride Rock. "What's wrong, Uru? Are you alright?" he asked her.

"No, I'm not... I'm not sure if they'll ever forgive me for running away... How can I even face them now? I left them to worry about me, and now... now I came back just because it was convenient!" Uru said.

"No, Uru... You came back because you accomplished the task you'd left to complete. I know I was very harsh with you about it before, but... that was only because I was so worried about you. But I'm telling you now, that it was a very brave thing to do... although I must admit, it was reckless and stupid," Ahadi said with a smile. Uru laughed at this statement, but the second she turned around, the laughter died in her throat. Her parents were standing there, watching her. She didn't know what to say to them at first, but when she looked at their faces, she thought it best not to say anything.

"Took you long enough to return, didn't it?" Mohatu asked as he looked at her.

Uru smiled as she said, "I know, dad... and I'm back now."

"Then what're you still doing there? Don't you know your mother and I have missed you?" Mohatu asked her. Uru ran up to them and nuzzled them both.

"I missed you, too... I'm so sorry I ran away," Uru said as she cried.

"No, Uru... We're sorry... We should've understood how you felt and done something. But there was still no reason for you to run away... What did you do, anyway?" Tahiti asked her.

"Well, I... went to this other Kingdom, and... I kinda helped this pride get rid of their tyrant of a King," Uru said.

"She was the one who came up with the plan!" Avina said from behind her. Mohatu looked at her and then at his daughter. He smiled at Uru so proudly that Uru's face flushed.

"I knew you were special since the day you were born... I knew that you would make me very proud one day, and you have. I'm glad you've returned safe and sound," Mohatu said. Uru nodded and then walked over to Ahadi, who looked a little nervous. Mohatu sighed, knowing what his daughter was going to tell him. Then he looked at Tahiti for a little reassurance. Tahiti nodded slightly at him and smiled.

"Mom... Dad... This is Ahadi," Uru said.

"Let me guess... You met him on your journey... and now you want his pride to join ours?" Mohatu asked her, even though he knew there was more to it. He didn't yet want to accept that his daughter was all grown up...

"More than that, Dad... I've chosen him as my mate, and I want all of us to live together. The lands to the west will join ours, if you allow it," Uru said.

"Who am I to question my daughter's judgment when I haven't even ventured farther than the river?" Mohatu asked Uru. "You are Future Queen after all... and you've made your decision. And as your father, I take pride in the fact that you've done so well on your own. I'm very proud of you, Uru."

"Your father's right, Uru... We'd be happy to welcome Ahadi and his pride to our own," Tahiti said.

"We'll have the ceremony tomorrow morning. But for now, come with us to Pride Rock... I'm sure you'll like it here," Mohatu said. And so they all walked back to Pride Rock as one...

The next morning, Sahara came over to Pride Rock with another young mandrill. He was her son, Tumbili, who would soon take over from her. As Mohatu watched his daughter get married, he couldn't help but feel a sense of loss. Then he felt Tahiti nuzzle him lightly.

"She's ready," he told her. "But I don't think I am..."

"I know... we'll never be ready. But she's safe... and happy! That's all that matters. We've done everything we can as parents to teach her everything she needs to know... and from the looks of it, she's learnt well," Tahiti said.

Mohatu sighed and said, "I hate it when you're right!" Tahiti laughed and nuzzled Mohatu again. She knew he meant well and would do anything for their daughter... Now, he wouldn't have to... She didn't need his protection anymore...

"She's still our daughter," Tahiti said, trying not to laugh.

"Yes, she is... and I couldn't possibly be more proud of that fact," Mohatu said and looked at his daughter. Then he looked at his Kingdom, which would soon be hers. He smiled at how he'd felt when he'd been told that his time to rule had come... and he hoped that she'd take it much better than he had.
divsalley

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember who you are!

Pride Points: 1

Postby Arani » July 8th, 2010, 10:04 pm

This was a great story. Very well done! :D
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby divsalley » July 8th, 2010, 11:14 pm

thanks to everyone who read this fanfic! There's one more coming up!!!
divsalley

Remember who you are!

Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to Fan Fictions