Kovu awakes

Kovu awakes

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 30th, 2010, 10:23 am

Kovu awakes

A short 'what-if' fan-fiction

(This fan-fic contains a lot blood and gore, but nothing too graphic.)

Kovu quickly got away from the raging animals chasing him. The animals chased him for a while, but realized it wasn't worth it and backed off, but deep inside they wanted to chase him until the borders of the Pride Lands. Kovu stopped after falling in the waterhole to look behind him, desperately hoping that Simba would change his mind, but seeing him looking at him like they were mortal enemies... As Kovu lost all hope of at least seeing Kiara again, Kovu looked at his reflection; to look how he had ended up.. But instead of seeing himself, he saw something that shocked him: Scar. The person he was going to avenge, the person his mother wanted Kovu to be... His mother was the reason all this had to happen. Their exile, their stay in the Outlands, the destruction of his cubhood, and now his exile... He growled at his reflection and ran away from the waterhole, suddenly feeling his rage taking over him. He'd get revenge at Zira, the person he thought that was his mother.

Kovu rushed his way through the Pride Lands and reached the gorge. By then, he was filled with rage and deep hatred. He made his way down the gorge, luckily, he found Zira talking about them attacking the Pride Lands. He hid behind a big rock and waited, until Zira finally finished and got off the rock she was at, walking through the lionesses and finally walked near the rock Kovu was hiding. He immediately ran up to her and slashed her face so hard that Zira fell down. The entire pride was shocked to see Kovu back, especially after receiving his scar. Kovu looked at his mother with a look he was supposed to give at Simba; a look filled with rage, hatred and pain. Kovu then growled at her, his roar echoing through the entire gorge.

Zira got up with difficulty and then saw all the blood coming from her face. She realized most of her face was scarred; thankfully her eyes weren't damaged. But then she turned back at saw Kovu, and everyone else looking at her with fear; even Kovu was shocked from the huge scars, but that encouraged him to go on.

''Well well, if it isn't that traitor Kovu! Why are you back here? Did you finally realize that you belong with us?'', Zira said with a sarcastic tone in her voice, trying to ignore her scars despite them hurting an awful lot. Kovu growled and got closer to Zira.

''If I had to belong to someone, then it definitely wouldn't be you...'', Kovu answered, almost growling.

''Oh, I should have known. That dumbhead Kiara brainwashed you and told you a bunch of lies... You're so gullible.'', Zira said calmly and she walked around her son, something that angered Kovu even more.

''Kiara made me realize the truth about you. You're right, I am gullible for letting you take over my life and ruining it! For believing your lies about Scar! For believing you're my mother!'', Kovu yelled. Whispers could be heard coming from the Outsiders. ''Lies? What lies?'' ''Could Kovu be right?'' ''Did Zira fool us all?'' Zira sneered.

''What lies? Simba killed Scar and exiled us for being loyal to the previous King! He's a tyrant, Kovu!'', Zira said, the tone of her voice getting higher.

''No, Zira. Simba may have caused the death of Scar, but not directly.. The hyenas were the ones that murdered him. And Scar killed his own brother to become King.. Simba only exiled us for believing in your lies.'', Kovu said with a calmer tone in his voice, but deep inside him he wanted to tear Zira apart. Zira couldn't answer.. What Kovu said was true...

''You ruined our lives with your obsession, training us and abusing us like we're your puppets!'', he told Zira. Now the Outsiders were convinced... It all made sense now. Everyone was angry at Zira but Vitani, who was watching helplessly his mother and brother argue.

Kovu gave a furious look at Zira, and Zira understood what Kovu was going to do. She gave him one of her creepy smiles.

''If only Scar were here, train you properly... It seems like I have failed him.''

The young lion roared. He was sick of hearing about Scar, his rage and deep hatred had finally consumed him. Without thinking, he charged at his mother, but Zira knew it was coming and avoided the attack, jumping a little farther from Kovu. But with the pain of her scars, she couldn't run away.. She had to face her child in combat. Kovu charged again, and slashed his mother again, sending her flying to the big rock he was hiding a few minutes ago. Zira barely stood up and jumped on Kovu, slashing his back and pinning him down. She tried biting his neck, but Kovu quickly snapped out of it and kicked her away, attacking her once more. After giving her a lot more scars in her body, he tackled her against the same rock. Zira didn't stand up again.

''Mother!!''

Vitani immediately ran to her mother after pushing Kovu away, who backed off with a disgusted look. She looked at her mother; scars all over her body, a pool of blood all over Zira; the scene was cruel, even for her who had been trained to tolerate such a view. The Outsiders remained silent..

''Mother...'' Vitani said, crying for the loss of her mother.. But then she remembered her murderer. She wiped her tears away and looked at her brother, furious.

''Why did you do that?! She's your mother, Kovu!'', she yelled at him, almost sobbing after saying 'mother'. Kovu sneered at her.

''That lioness is not related to me... She fooled as all. I thought I explained everything before I killed her.''

''What are you saying?! Kovu, you can't just ignore the fact that she's your mother! She was only blinded by hate for Simba! Don't you understand?! Scar was her mate! How would you feel if someone killed your mate?'', Vitani yelled. Kovu remained silent at first; little did Vitani know that Kovu was in almost the exact same situation as Zira.

''She still had no right to ruin everyone's lives over her loss... You shouldn't feel sorry for that monster.'' Kovu told her and she prepared to leave the gorge.

''Kovu, I told you, she was blinded by hatred and sorrow... but she didn't really kill anyone.'', she explained, but Kovu didn't just walked away.

''The only monster I can see here is you..''
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: Kovu awakes

Postby Panda-chan » July 30th, 2010, 10:31 am

I only read one out of every hundred fanfics, so consider yourself lucky. ;) That being said, I think this is very well written :P I like the new perspective and the alternate version of the scene you wrote, even if it is a bit creepy lol. o.0 Keep it up. ^^
D̵̢̨̧̛͔̖͍̝̤̫̼̝̬̤̪̟͇͙̊̏̎͛̇̏͊͌̃̂̈́͂̒̄̅̚̚͘͝R̸̥̙͂̀̾̑̊̀̉́̀́̐̄̊̿̈́̄͑̐̕͝I̴̗̯̼̳͉͕̺̤̖̝̪̫̊͛͝͠Ǹ̵̨̧͈̮̦̖̝͈̥̗͕̭͉̺̲͕̥͔͎̹͖͙͇̲̘̩̞͓̦̦̯̮̙̜̼̝͈̣̺̰̺̟̙̫̫ͅK̶̢̢̡̧̢̛̻͎̘͉̦͚̳̗̱̗̮̫̲͎̟͚͖̠̣̺͎̠̤͈̩̞͈͚̣̳̟̣̓͊͊̍̀̇͆́͐̔̔̅̿̅̋̈̈́̔̈̒̌̆̃̇͗̂̐̽́͊̋͗̚̕͘͜͜͠͝͝ ̴̧̧̢̧̧̢̛̦̗̦̭͔̝͎̘͍͚͈̰̦̲͍̥͚̱͓̦̙̞̱̜̹̍̉́̿̃͆̆̾̀̍̊͛̈́̽̈́̀̋̒̾͗͗͂̾̊̇̃̈́̋́̓̄̂̐͊͂̏̿̅͂̚͘̚͜͠͝͠ͅͅͅͅW̵̢̧̨̥͇̳̩͍̪̓̉͊̓̏͜͠Ã̵̧̨͍͚̭̱̦̯̣͓̱̫͑͋̋̾̎͑̽̔̒͆̉͒͑͆̎͑̑̒͋̑̀̒̿͑̄͋̒͆̑͆̔̈̈́͂͆̾̾̌̃̏̊̓͘͜͝͠͠T̸̨̧̛̮̙̰͇̹̭̥̙̝̱̼̥͖̟̃̔̑̒̓̈́͂̈́̂̓̂̎̋͊̌͋̂͂̃̂͝͠͠͝ͅĘ̴̧̡̢̧̡̠͉͉͕̤̳̘̖̙̭͙͕̻͍̖̗͙̯͈͔͋̄̾̄͛͌͌͒͛̇̎͋̉̈́̆̈́̍̎̆̒͑̒̅̋̊̄̈̿͒̈̋̾̊́̔̚͝͠͝͠ͅŖ̸̠̫͓̞͈̫̉̂
Panda-chan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

STAY HYDRATED, FOLKS

Nickname(s): Weeb trash
Telegram: 6834232905344686445634231897968563522324236894284563523722616678
Pride Points: 108

Postby KopsTheTerminator » July 30th, 2010, 10:34 am

Well, I always found Kovu's reactions to those screnes (Ambush and Exile scenes) unnatural for a lion raised to be a killer.. But then again, SP would be to dark for children. 0.o

Thanks! :)
KopsTheTerminator

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Kina » July 30th, 2010, 6:05 pm

This is an excellent oneshot, Kopa23. It is kind of dark, but one that's very enjoyable. A sorely needed outlook on Kovu's character, and a realistic one. I have to agree, though - SP and even the original would be too dark for children if they had showed it's true capacity, XD. I'll be looking forward to seeing more of your work, though.
Kina

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby KopsTheTerminator » August 1st, 2010, 1:30 pm

Thank you very much! It's really encouraging to see that people like my work. ^_^
KopsTheTerminator

Postby Arani » August 1st, 2010, 8:32 pm

Great job! This really wasn't what I was expecting... but good non the less! Can't wait to read more from u! :)
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Return to Fan Fictions