Author's Den

Re: Author's Den

Postby Maleficent » August 29th, 2011, 11:36 pm

I write sometimes, but I'm not really any good. I'm trying to improve. :3
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Spoiler: show
Maleficent
خودکشی یک راه حل دائمی است

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Nickname(s): Mal, Jen, Enna
Pride Points: 77

Postby Azdgari » August 29th, 2011, 11:48 pm

That's not true! I skimmed some of your stuff and it looked quite good. I'll try to get around to reading and reviewing tonight or sometime this week. ^^
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby Maleficent » August 29th, 2011, 11:49 pm

Oh! Why thank you. :3 It's cool to know that someone was skimming through it!
C'est le sentiment solitaire dans le monde - de vous trouver debout quand tout le monde est assis.
Pour avoir tout le monde vous regarde et dire «ce qui est de la question avec elle?" Je sais ce qu'on ressent.
Marcher dans une rue vide, écoutant le bruit de vos propres pas. Volets fermés, rideaux tirés, portes verrouillées contre vous.
Et vous ne savez pas si vous êtes à marcher vers quelque chose, ou si vous êtes juste de s'éloigner.

Maleficent

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Postby KingKovu44 » August 29th, 2011, 11:50 pm

Perhaps I might write again on a limited basis.
My Forums: http://madagascarpalace87.proboards.com/index.cgi

I'm also the #1 fan of Tigress from KFP, Gia the jaguar from Madagascar 3 and adult Nala from TLK!

-Sig made for me by Feathertail

I believe in Jesus Christ my savior, and I am not afraid to admit it. If you are a Christian, please copy and paste this into your signature.
KingKovu44
King Of Wolves

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Road Rovers Fan

Nickname(s): Alpha, Kingy, RR
Pride Points: 56

Postby Azdgari » August 29th, 2011, 11:52 pm

Anytime, Scargirl. Even if I don't necessarily review everything, I do try to take time to read just about everything that gets posted here. It's tough to get attention for your fics on MLK, but ya' gotta go for it anyway. C:
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby FlipMode » August 29th, 2011, 11:56 pm

Yeah I do not comment on everything, but I do read almost everything and 9 times out of 10 I like it.
More the merrier!
Speaking of which, hi and I am posting. I am some what of an author, in that I occasionally write one-shot stories and stuff. I do not like writing ongoing fan fictions though, because I struggle to keep them "ongoing".

Open question to all you lovely people, how long (in time) do you spend writing an average chapter of a story?
FlipMode

Pride Points: 266

Postby Maleficent » August 29th, 2011, 11:58 pm

Az: Aw, thanks! :3 Yeah, I agree. I post my fics on FF usually.
FM: It takes me about an hour to write each chapter...mainly because I get distracted by the forum, youtube, and other things while I'm trying to write. xP

Maleficent

ఒంటరిగా శాశ్వతంగా

Postby Azdgari » August 30th, 2011, 12:00 am

Depends on that chapter length. I typically try to be between one and two thousand words, and that will usually occupy about an hour. The longest I've done is the most recent. The first chapter of No Direction Home was like 3500 words, and I think that really only took about an hour and a half. Once I'm in the zone, I'm pretty in the zone. :3
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Buffy » August 30th, 2011, 1:07 am

LOL! I keep forgetting that there's a fanfiction section on MLK. I usually read fanfics on FanFiction.net, which is where I also publish my own stories. But I will have to look into the fics on here, for sure!

The time I spend on each chapter is different each time. I often multi-task while writing by being on msn and different sites. However, if I am REALLY inspired it could take about half an hour, and that's a chapter with about 1000 words, give or take. But then there are those times when I spend days on a chapter. It all depends, really...
Buffy
once i present, but then

everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

Pride Points: 180

Postby Azdgari » August 30th, 2011, 1:46 am

Yeeeah, you said it. I've been working on the same chapter on and off for a month.
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Fictions