Author's Den

Re: Author's Den

Postby FlipMode » June 13th, 2012, 5:53 am

Perfectionist huh? :)
It kind of depends, if I am writting just for fun an it's something that isn't supposed to be cannon with the events of the films then it's a bit quicker. If not I will go back and rewatch certain scenes to make sure it is making sense and actually believable that the character would act that way :D
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 13th, 2012, 6:35 am

^I know what you mean about sticking to canon. It makes the fic sound more 'authentic'. I don't mind crack or fluff as long as I can *see* the characters saying that. It's very subjective but as a 'writer', that makes the challenge fun. How far can I stretch this character without compromising them? Am I willing to get out of my comfort zone?
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Azdgari » June 15th, 2012, 12:02 am

You're a better man than I, Fip. I haven't written anything in over a year... someday I'll get off my butt!

*goes and checks out your fic*
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » June 15th, 2012, 12:09 am

^HAPPY 1000 WONDERFUL POSTS, GOOD SIR!

And yeah but you have reasons for it, mine was just lack of effort really. I DO plan to actually finish this one completely, since the plot is not entirely long and convoluted... was going to do a chapter today but ermmm... Got carried away with something else, so it will likely be done Saturday BLAH I SAY BLAH.

EDIT - Its also a lack of ideas and motivation to formulate new ideas that stopped me tbh.. >.<
FlipMode

Postby Azdgari » August 11th, 2012, 7:18 am

I'm glad that the writing contest is prompting more writing here. It's more lively than it ever was when I was really active here. :3
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby FlipMode » September 6th, 2012, 11:59 pm

You still are fairly active, by my understanding of what "active" actually translates to. To be honest though, I haven't entered the contest for a good while, I just sometimes get an itch to read some fan fictions. Unfortunately there are so many ones on here that are of... How to put it politely... Dubious quality that I end up just working on one of my own.

I remember a while ago Dean (Ushujaa) had an idea, where authors could submit story ideas (like the prompts in the contest) but with a little more detail. And basically it was a public pool of story ideas to help people who wanted to write but did not have an idea for a story. Like for me, that would have been good. I enjoy writing, it is just trying to come up with unique ideas that gives me headaches. Darn uncreativenessessseses.
FlipMode

Postby Azdgari » September 7th, 2012, 2:28 am

I like that idea a lot. I don't have the time to flesh out ideas, and I'd love to give them out so they don't go to waste. :glee:
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Postby Kitva Hyperlink » September 9th, 2012, 9:31 am

I love writing. My name would be grey if it didn't look better in blue. As you would notice my old name most of the time is blue. Az your a ga opus for making this.
Hello Guy's
I have left MLK now
Kitva Hyperlink
LinkCoolKitva

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Check Y'all

Nickname(s): Link, Kitva KKVK4
Pride Points: 17

Postby fox_fighter99 » September 14th, 2012, 5:14 am

I'm quite surprised with how much writing that I've been doing but it's getting really fun. I love taking the time to let ideas run through my head even while I'm at work. 8-) This is actually the first time in bout 6 years that I've started writing. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23923 I know its not much but I love the comment part of writing it fuels me and makes me want to write more and more. :)
Please go here and read my Lion King Fan Fiction and comment love to get feedback from others.
http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23923
fox_fighter99
A Knight of the 4 Paws.

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I am both the sword and shield for King Kopa.

Nickname(s): HotRibz
Pride Points: 3

Postby FlipMode » October 16th, 2012, 8:12 am

I think it's about time I took another shot at writing too... I have a few ideas running around my head am almost set on one :) if I get around to it, it'll be up at some point this week.
FlipMode

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Fictions