Author's Den

Re: Author's Den

Postby Arani » August 30th, 2011, 2:17 am

[quote="FlipMode"] Open question to all you lovely people, how long (in time) do you spend writing an average chapter of a story?[/quote]

It depends on wher eI am in the sotry, but usually doesn't take me more than 30 minutes because I go back and edit constantly.
Arani

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 56

Postby YFWE » August 30th, 2011, 6:39 am

I usually haven't been writing chapters lately per se, just individual one-shots. And those'll take anywhere between two and four hours.
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby DGFone » August 30th, 2011, 7:04 am

An hour a day. Unless something else takes up that hour. Which usually happens. So on average, maybe 30 minutes a week. And a lot of work I will revise, so I crank things out very slowly.
DGFone
Got wings

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby Kina » September 2nd, 2011, 3:41 am

Certainly nice to see that we have a writing topic for general conversation now. ^^

As for the time question ... Anywhere between a day and a month. A very long timespan, yes, but that's how my muse works. It's very picky, and it jumps between about fifty ideas at once, XD.
Kina

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Kina, lioness of the dusk.

Nickname(s): Moonlight
Pride Points: 9

Postby FlipMode » September 9th, 2011, 10:28 pm

So guys! you know that annoying feeling, when you log in, spend 2-3 hours writing a good quality fan fiction, go to post it, receive a message saying "You must be logged in to post in this forum." and loose everything? Yeah, that feeling, I do!
Great isn't it?
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Baya » September 9th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Well Flip, it helps to type it up in word and then just copy and paste. I know that probably won't make you feel any better but like...thats all I can really say xD
Gone for good.
Baya

Pride Points: 12

Postby FlipMode » September 9th, 2011, 10:54 pm

lol that is how I usually do things, just this once I could not be bothered to type it up in word and then paste it and add the italics etc.
Thought it would be safe to type up on here but nope XD.

I shall redo it though, at some point, and next time I know to stick to good old MS Word.
Still, at least it gives me a chance to improve it, I guess...
FlipMode

Postby DGFone » September 10th, 2011, 7:19 am

When I type something up that I am concerned over losing, I either copy before submitting, or if it's even a longer work, type it up on a word document and copy it into here once it's done. Becasue of this, I only had to suffer once.
DGFone
Got wings

Watch me soar

Nickname(s): Planes, DGF, DG
Pride Points: 138

Postby FlipMode » June 12th, 2012, 10:36 pm

*Cracks knuckles* the sweet feeling of writing something new for the first time in ages... Gotta love it!
Not some of my best work >.< but viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23647 if ya'll want to read it.
Soooo, 'sup, authors?
FlipMode

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 13th, 2012, 1:28 am

I used to write A LOT for another fandom. Sometimes, it would take me up to six hours to write a chapter up. I actually miss those days. I just started writing LK fic. Because I am more tedious and careful of what I say, it can take me anywhere from a couple of hours to two days. With breaks, of course!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Fictions