King of Equestria, Princess of the Pridelands

Postby SnowyCheetah » December 2nd, 2011, 1:32 am

This is a TLK/MLP:FiM crossover fanfiction and will be best enjoyed by MLP fans, or those at least familiar with MLP. If you are not familiar with it, you need to have watched episodes 1 and 2 of Season 2 (Episode 1 | Episode 2), or read the synposis in the spoiler below. While it is helpful to have a basic knowledge of the main characters of the show, this fanfiction is written in such a way as to introduce them so that readers can gain a feel for them through this fanfiction. If you would like to know beforehand about all the characters, Season 1 Episode 1 will do the trick.

synopsis: show
In the first two episodes of MLP:FiM Season 2, the maniacal character Discord wreaks havoc on Equestria, the land where the ponies live. Discord is a creature made up of parts from various animals, famously having the head of a goat, horn of a dragon, right paw of a lion and right talon of a bird, and various other mismatched body parts, thus his name. He loves disharmony and chaos, and uses his magic to make all sorts of crazy things happen in Equestria. He disables any magic other than his own, and is only defeated when the six main characters overcome his disharmonious spells on them and use their combined power of the Elements of Harmony to defeat him and restore order to Equestria.

Note! While the first chapter seems off-topic, later chapters will prove the fanfiction to be sufficiently on-topic for its current place in the TLK fanfiction forum.
Chapter 1: show
As Twilight Sparkle, a refined purple unicorn, walked outside of her library one morning she noticed something very odd. It was snowing in the middle of summer, with freezing temperatures to boot. This she found more than a little unusual. After going back inside to get her coat, scarf and earmuffs, she summoned Spike, her young dragon companion, to write a letter to Princess Celestia not to report a discovery in her studies of friendship, but to notify her of this unusual weather and inquire as to whether or not the Princess had any information about it.

[quote="Twilight Sparkle"]Dear Princess Celestia,
I have noticed a very unusual occurance in terms of the weather today; it seems to be
snowingin Ponyville! Do you know if this has been happening anywhere else in Equestria? And do you know anything else about this strange weather?

Your faithful student,
Twilight Sparkle
[/quote]

With a poof of fire, Spike sent the letter off to the Princess and Twilight ventured back outside into the snow, which was already becoming more than a foot deep. She was quickly met by Pinkie Pie, a pink pony with a poofy mane and a hunger for fun and excitement. In usual Pinnkie Pie style, she whooshed past Twilight, nearly running into her as she slid across the fluffy white snow on a sled.

"Hi, Twilight! Isn't this great?! It's SNOWING! And even though it's summertime, we still get to sled and build igloos and throw snowballs!" She exclaimed just as Applejack, an orange farm-raised pony, hurled a snowball right into Twilight's face.

"Heheheh, didn't see that comin' now didja, Twilight?" Applejack said in her usual southern accent, holding back some giggles as the put off Twilight wiped her face dry.

"This is serious!" she said in annoyance, "It's snowing in the summertime, that's just it, Pinkie Pie! It's not supposed to snow this time of year! I need to find Rainbow Dash." With that, Twilight stormed off to go find her baby-blue, rainbow-haired pegasus friend. She knew Rainbow would most likely be up in the sky already, so she decided to find the next best pony, a light-yellow, animal-oriented pegasus named Fluttershy.

She found Fluttershy at her cabin, where she was busy calming animals who, usually hibernating in the winter, were very confused due to the sudden snowfall. "Fluttershy!" Twilight exclaimed, quickly going inside without knocking.

Fluttershy turned around with a bit of a start. "Oh... hi, Twilight. I don't have much time to talk, the animals are all confused because of the snow, they think they should be hibernating but they shouldn't be and I have to make sure they all know it's not really winter but there are sooooo many and I have to hurry before the bears are hard to wake up and-" Fluttershy was interrupted by Twilight.

"I need to find Rainbow Dash. She and the rest of the pegasi in Cloudsdale must know something about this! I have to figure out what's going on."

"I'm afraid I can't help you right now, Twilight, I'm much too busy here with the animals." Fluttershy said, rushing back out the door to go wake some hibernating squirrels.

Twilight sighed and went to the only pony she thought was left to help her, the white unicorn fashionista known as Rarity. And it was at Rarity's boutique she found her answer.

"Ooooooh!" Rarity exclaimed with disgust as Twilight walked in the door, "All that snow is simply horrid! It gets water everywhere inside and it's positively devastatingly inappropriate for this time of year! All my summer designs are outdated now!"

"Rarity, this is no time to worry about fashion, I have to find Rainbow Dash!" Twilight rebutted, "She must be in Cloudsdale and I have to get to the bottom of this unusual weather while I haven't gotten a response from the Princess about it."

Rarity sprung to action. "Anything to get rid of this dreadful unseasonable snow!" she scoffed, sewing a large balloon out of her abundance of fabric. "I've been saving this for a rainy day... I do so miss being in the sky." she said, unveiling the basket and burner of a hot air balloon.

That 2in diameter fart can probably adds at least 50bhp.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Return to Fan Fictions