Rise of A Lonely King

Rise of A Lonely King

Postby Tora » May 31st, 2012, 5:48 am

Hey guys I just began writing a story about a young lion who will soon find his place in the circle of life. I hope you all enjoy.
Chapter 1:
Spoiler: show
Rise of a Lonely King
Chapter 1: His Past and His Savior

The sun rose high above the sky in the barren lands. The sun smoldered the ground leaving every plant golden brown. This lifeless place seemed home to Shinova. Shinova was being raised by a particularly odd family. Being raised by a leopard just isn’t the life Shinova had wanted to live. All throughout his life he had felt lonely not knowing who his parents were, but he knew what he must do now.

-----

When Shinova was young his parents had been banished from their pride for trying to over throw the King. Don’t think that this was a bad thing, because it wasn’t. The King of their pride was arrogant and ignorant. This King wanted nothing to do with his pride; all he wanted was power. With life becoming hard to sustain Shinova’s father, a strong confident lion, took the initiative to challenge the King. This proved to be fatal.

Shinova’s father challenged the King to a one on one fight to the death in which the victor became King. The King wouldn’t give Shinova’s father a chance. He ordered the Lionesses to kill Shinova’s father in his sleep. The lionesses knew that it was wrong to interfere, but the King told them if they did not kill him then they would be killed.

Shinova’s mother was banished along with Shinova, but she became sick without her mate and eventually died. Shinova at the time was a small cub with a tan under belly, red eyes, and a golden brown coat.

Shinova continued to lie next to his dead mother hoping that she wasn’t dead, but deep down he knew it was true. She was dead and he felt that it was because of him that both his father and mother were dead. He played one scenario over and over in his mind.

“It’s my fault! If it was not for me my father would have never challenged him. My mother was banished because of me, and because of me she can no longer live. I killed her.” Shinova whimpered. “I should be the one dead not them!” he shouted.

Shinova turned onto his side; his eyes were filled with tears. He felt as if the world had turned its back on him. Shinova was filled with depression and regret; he felt that no one cared for him anymore and that he should just lie here and wait for death.

“Hello, are you alright?” a voice said.

“Does she look alright to you?” Shinova shouted with anger and grief. “She is dead can’t you see? It is all my fault too!”

“Don’t say that. You’re such a young cub; it couldn’t possibly be your fault.” The voice replied.

“It is if it wasn’t for me being born she would still be alive. My father would ----“

“Son it’s not your fault! Don’t let it get to you. My name is Shela come with me I want to show you something.” Shela said to Shinova.

With much reluctance Shinova got up and walked with Shela. Shela was a middle aged Leopard with several spots. She was fast, but she lacked any real muscle power. She caught most of her prey by hunting at night, but she had a lot of sleep issues. Sleeping was hard for her, and with those issues came fatigue.

“What is your name son?” she asked.

“Shinova, what is it to you anyway? Why do you want to talk to me? I don’t even deserve to ---” Shinova said before being cut off again by Shela.

“Shinova. That is a good name and fitting for a lion. You cannot blame yourself for things you cannot control.” Shela expressed while pulling back tall dying grass. “Look Shinova. Everything you see is a product of the great circle of life. My father told me of a time when a Great King ruled this land.”

“Great King?” Shinova asked.

“Yes Shinova. A great king he was. He held his head up high and never let anyone bring him down. He was a saint among us. He protected the young and hunted the old. He saw the young as being easy to catch, but he felt in his heart that it was only right to give them a long life.”

“But how did he succeed?” Shinova asked, “His pride must have been small.”

“No his pride was huge. He fed himself and twenty lions, but that was not all. He even spared food for those who could not hunt. Ones like my father.” Shela said.

“Why couldn’t he hunt?”

“Well it’s getting late and I need to find us some shelter.” Shela said.

“But I want to know why he couldn’t hunt.” Shinova demanded.

“When the time is right I will continue my story Shinova.”

“Fine, but what of my mother?” asked Shinova still feeling sad about her death.

“We will let her body become the grass Shinova.”

“What do you mean?” Shinova asked.

“You’ll understand some day Shinova.” Shela explained.

Shela grabbed Shinova by his neck and climbed a tree. Shela knew that as long as Shinova was up here he would be safe from harm. Shela had not told Shinova that she knew of his father and mother’s tries to change their pride. Nor had she told him that she knew that his mother was sick and was waiting for her to pass.

Shela felt in her heart that it was only right to raise Shinova so that he would one day realize why his parents loved him so much, and what he must do when he got older. Shela kept to herself most of the night trying to keep Shinova asleep.

-----

Morning came quick, and Shela had a plump juicy antelope waiting for Shinova and her to eat when he awoke. Shela kept thinking to herself, “How am I going to tell him that his grandfather was the King that ruled this land. How am I going to tell him that his father was a prince; the second born.”

“Morning!” Shinova shouted.

“Well good morning to you to Shinova. I got us an antelope here we can share, but I’m too tired to get up can you get me some.” Shela asked.

“Sure, but what is wrong? Why are you so tired?”

“Well the problem is I can’t sleep. I hunt mainly at night, because of this.”

“Wait did your father have the same problem?” Shinova asked shyly.

“Oh wouldn’t you like to know. I told you I would tell you later didn’t I.” Shela said.

“But it is later.”

“Oh alright. My father lost his leg in a hunting accident when I was young. He was trying to kill a wildebeest when the wildebeest’s mate ran into him and broke his leg. He eventually lost use of it, because it would never completely heal.” Shela said.

“That really is sad. Do you think that maybe if he had chosen something else to hunt that he might still have use of his leg today?”

“That is a good question Shinova, but I really can’t say. He shared my sleep deprivation problem. I don’t know what to call it, but I just can’t sleep like normal animals. When I try to sleep I toss and turn for hours. I’m sorry if I made you uncomfortable last night Shinova.” Shela explained.

“I was just fine last night, but I’m not use to sleeping in a tree. My moth—“ Shinova said while stopping mid-sentence.

“Don’t start now Shinova; it is not your fault that your mother died.” Shela quickly said.

“But it is, because if it were not for m---“

“No, I told you that you can’t blame yourself for things that you yourself cannot control. That would be like saying it’s my fault that my father lost his leg.”

“Well maybe it is.” Shinova said, but afterword began to regret it. Shinova got up and ran behind tall grass and sat down to cry. “It’s all my fault. Shela doesn’t know what she is talking about. FATHER! Why did you have to challenge him? “

“Shinova! One day you will understand why your father challenged him.” Shela shouted with anger in her voice. “You think that your father wanted you to live in a famineful world?”

“What do you mean?” Shinova expressed with tears in his eyes and regret in his voice.

“Your father did what he thought was best for you. He wanted to see you live in a world that was free of starvation. Don’t you understand he was trying to save not only you but the whole pride.” Shela said.

“He wanted to---“ Shinova said pausing, “---save the pride?”

“Yes he loved them unlike the King. He wanted to see them prosper.”

“How do you know you weren’t even there!” Shinova yelled.

“I’ve always known who you are. I took a liking to your father you know. If it wasn’t for my father being injured I never would have known your family!” Shela replied, then feeling like she said too much.

“But you said that your father knew a great king that ruled this land. How would you have known my family? We were just commoners right? And you knew my father?”

“In time you will know my purpose Shinova, but you’re just too young to understand.”

The sun began to set again, and Shinova and Shela were finally seeing eye to eye. Shinova finally saw Shela as a mother and not a stranger. Shinova finally felt like he could trust her. Shinova laid down next to Shela and looked up to the sky.

“It’s beautiful tonight don’t you think?” Shinova asked.

“I’d say it is. Your father once told me that Kings look to the sky for guidance. You might not understand now but you will someday.” Shela said.

“Like I’ll ever be a King.” Shinova returned back.

“Only time will tell. Don’t doubt yourself Shinova. You never know what the future might bring.” Shela said.
Tora
Never Forget

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always Remain Hopeful

Nickname(s): Tim; Torasaur; T-saur; Rora; Goku
Pride Points: 129

Re: Rise of A Lonely King

Postby Tacobell Lion » August 21st, 2012, 5:48 am

This story is really,really awesome! I love how his father was the prince and the second born of Shinova's grandfather, the king! :)
You should really keep on goin with this story! Its really good! :D
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Can YOU feel the love tonight?

Nickname(s): Lion(no joke)
Pride Points: 9

Re: Rise of A Lonely King

Postby Dark Huntress » September 25th, 2012, 6:33 am

How on earth were u this good and didn't tell me :angry: just teasing! More, please :lol3:
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Return to Fan Fictions