Pride Rock Origin

Pride Rock Origin

Postby FlipMode » June 12th, 2012, 10:16 pm

Note - ORIGINALLY when I wrote this, it was a some 3000 words+ one shot wherein Mufasa and Taka were searching for a new home and yada yada, however, upon writing it, I immediately lost it =D. So I decided to tinker with the plot a bit, and flesh it out a lot more. This resulted in it becoming quite a bit more elaborate and as a result, I have switched it to a chapter based fan fiction. You can expect updates, pretty frequently if you DO for some reason like the story, and since I am on holiday, I do intend to actually finish this story, its not super long anyway, more of a short story, you could say. Not a 30 chapter epic novel, just a fun 5 or so chapter story. Enough of this rubbish, here it is, chapter 1, enjoy (or hate, I don't care as long as you read it)

Chapter One – Legacy Of Three

How long has it been?” The lion thought to himself as he carried on traversing the docile lands. How long had it been since he left behind his old home? Which was running dry of resources and was in dire need of a change – a change that was bound to never come. For after his father, Ahadi had lost his life that fateful night, Mufasa was too young to keep things the way they were under his father’s rule. Gone were the bright blue running rapids, and the luscious green trees, replaced now by a merciless mixture of greys and browns, rivers dried up and the trees nowhere to be found, except the few whose roots remained.

But this time, this time, things will be different!” He reassured himself as he carried on forwards across the barren lands. The moon light lit the way, just as the voices he had heard back at his old home told him. Mufasa was becoming wiser, after growing up in a sorry state of a home he had become stronger, more confident. And if the voice he had heard before was not just his imagination, the journey he was currently on would lead him to find a new home, where his pride would join him and he could finally be the king that he was destined to be.

Mufasa arrived at a hill, it was not the tallest of hills, and certainly would not be too difficult for him, digging his claws into the ground, he made his way up to the top. Once atop, he saw it. A series of three statues, a lot smaller than he had imagined, but still too big to move. Still, if what he had been told was true, these three statues were integral to finding his new home.

Investigating the statues, they seemed to be bigger than each other, from left to right, smallest to biggest respectively. Nothing else of importance was here, this had to be the place. And the fact that there was no other wildlife here, either to be seen or even heard made it even more assuring for Mufasa. After all the voice had told him that the location had been long forgotten, but that these statues held some kind of mystical power that was responsible for that.

The sky remained black, except for the area right above Mufasa, the stars were aligned just as they had been on that night back at home. Rumour had it that the past kings were able to communicate with future kings by sending messages within the stars, of course these were only rumours, and a lot of the others did not believe Mufasa when he would tell them that this was true, only agreeing by respect to their king.

Mufasa examined the stars, and the voice came back to him. “You arrived. Congratulations, the first part of your task is complete. Unfortunately it was only the beginning, my son.”

Mufasa could not believe what he had just heard, he had thought the voice was familiar, and now he had confirmation. This was his father speaking to him and leading him on this journey. “Father?” The words slipped out, he knew who it was but that was the only word that he could say, his mind still in shock.

I have watched you, you have grown into a formidable, and wise lion... Not at all reminiscent of the mischievous cub I gave life to.” Ahadi spoke with nostalgia. “But there will be time enough for this later, communication is limited. And I have much to explain, so please listen carefully. In front of you are three stone statues, each one hold a power to bring life back to this wasteland. The statues must be destroyed for this power to be released. But they can not be broken by force alone. The statues represent speed, courage and strength. A challenge for each must be completed, doing so will lead to the destruction of each one.

But dad, how do I find these wonderful challenges?” Mufasa asked, the confidence in his voice was clear.

“Follow the stars. They have been aligned by the kings to show you the way.” Ahadi said, his voice booming out of the heavens, yet only his son would be able to hear it. “Only you can restore this one majestic, my son.

And Mufasa knew that this was the perfect way to show his pride that he was a perfect king, besides the fact that they needed a new home and the other lions were against the idea of war.
Know this though” Ahadi continued “This feat will come with....” Before he could finish his sentence his voice echoed “With...With...With” Getting soft with each repetition. The established link between the two had been broken due to movement in the stars.

With what?!” Mufasa asked the air. “Dad? Dad?!” he yelled, but the only voice he heard in return was his own echo. The only remaining option seemed to be to find the challenges his father had told him about. Under the assumption that the order his father mentioned them, was relative to the statue sizes, he would finish them all in order. Starting with the speed challenge.

Looking up at the stars, he saw three lights, each one shone relative to the direction each statue was facing. With no other signs of life around, Mufasa marched on forward, looking up at the stars as he trekked on North towards the first challenge, a test of speed. Getting there with energy in tact then, would be beneficial but not knowing how far he would have to travel was a concerning factor.

There was no other sounds other than the gravel and dirt shifting with each of his steps, there was a light breeze of wind at least countering the otherwise humid conditions. All he could do was attempt this incredible feat as he had been instructed, this was his last chance to prove himself, this was his destiny.

The travelling did provide ample thinking time for Mufasa, he would just carry the vision of the magnificent vista view of his future home in his mind and what he imagined it to look like, what he would name it and more as his mind raced to them. But suddenly, his thoughts became interrupted by what was in front of him. Had he made it to his first challenge already? Looking back he had made a large gap between himself and his starting position, the thoughts on his mind must had carried him further than he realised.

Looking up, there was no longer a light shinning in this direction, this must be it. And indeed, it was here he finally saw the first sign of other life besides his own. This was a relief to Mufasa in some ways, but in others, quite a concern. The yellow fur with black spots, the short length of the fur, the bony structure of the legs that carried an otherwise muscular body, every part of the animal had the dynamics and build for speed. Mufasa was about to be face to face with a cheetah.

Oh boy... Here we go...” said to himself, eyeing up the opponent as he continued on towards where the female was waiting.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Re: Pride Rock Origin

Postby TLK+Warriors Fan » June 13th, 2012, 4:27 am

I will definitely be keeping tabs on this one :) Keep up the good work ;)
TLK+Warriors Fan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby TheBlackCatCrossing » June 13th, 2012, 6:32 am

Very emotional. I like it. Good job!
Death is a challenge. It tells us not to waste time… It tells us to tell each other right now that we love each other.

Leo Buscaglia
TheBlackCatCrossing
Damnatio ad bestias

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nothing really matters-Madonna

Nickname(s): Harley Quinn
Pride Points: 27

Postby Azdgari » June 15th, 2012, 12:08 am

A cool premise! I like the idea of coming to understand how Mufasa became the lion he is. It makes sense, (if a bit repetitive) that Ahadi guides him in the way that he guides Simba. I guess it's just a thing with lions, huh?

I would run over a few more times for grammar; there are a lot of fragments, sentences that need conjunctions, and other funky english class stuff like that. Pumped to see you're writing though! You may have just galvanized me into writing something as well... we shall have to see! ;3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 114

Postby FlipMode » June 15th, 2012, 12:15 am

Yeah well I mean I wanted to have a plot device for him actually knowing where to go, and looking back at the films thought it would make sense for his father to guide him in some way. Glad you like the idea at least, I will not lie, I did kind of rush parts of that out to get it written before work so yeah, grammatical errors and that. But thanks for the feedback, appreciate it, as always!

Also, go write something, now.... You know you want to.
FlipMode

Postby Aranitar » June 15th, 2012, 8:59 pm

I just cant wait for next chapter...i always enjoy reading about mufasa and looks like it's gonna be a lovely one...<3
Aranitar

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Anita
Pride Points: 0

Postby FlipMode » June 20th, 2012, 12:28 am

Just wanted to thank everyone for the response so far, chapter two will be up at some point this week, just recent events have been holding me back from writing too much, its mostly done now, just got to polish it off and edit a few things ^^
FlipMode

Return to Fan Fictions