Stairway To The Skies

Stairway To The Skies

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » July 20th, 2012, 12:25 pm

(Felt like writing. Credit goes to Within Temptation for the title)

You reach that moment in time, when you know the end is almost upon you. For King Mufasa of the Pridelands, looking into his brother's evil emerald green eyes and hearing the words 'Long Live the King' being whispered hoarsley into your ear was definitely the moment when he knew it was over.

As Scar, his brother, threw him off the cliff, his life flashed before him. His cubhood, the times when Scar was known as Taka, his teenage romance with Sarabi, his ceremony to become King, the birth of his son, all wonderful memories. Falling seemed endless to the King, and the sadness caught up with him. He'd be leaving his mate, and his cub. Fear almost swept over him, but he knew he had a good life and that there was no way out now.

Thud. It was a quick death. Almost instantly the lion went lifeless and his breathing ceased to be. But suddenly, Mufasa felt a strange energy, like his soul was being torn from his body. He stood up and stepped backwards, it was then he realised he was lookng at his dead body, and he was his own spirit.

Mufasa heard a noise behind him, it was Simba. Looking for him. Mufasa ran over and went to put his arms round his cub, but the paw went straight through him. He was unable to communicate with him. He stumbled backwards and Simba saw his body. He watched the cub run over, and desperately try to get his father to get up.

He saw tears fall from the cubs eyes, and it was then the grand lion felt his own tears escaping. Silent tears. He turned away and unable to look and he sat down, hunched over crying, But when he looked up, he was surprised to see his father, Ahadi, stood infront of him. The lion gave him a gentle look and began to speak,

"My son, I did not expect you to join me so early", he glanced at Mufasa's body and the cub laying next to it. "Your brother has committed the worst crime known to lion kind, he will pay greatly one day". However, the younger lion was sobbing,

"But father, Simba was far to young to loose his dad, and I loved Sarabi dearly, I will miss them ever so much". Ahadi placed a comforting paw on Mufasa's shoulder,

"They will join you one day, but you can always look down at them and guide them. They have you in there hearts, as you have them in your own". Mufasa smiled weakly at his father before standing up. "Come now, it's time to climb the Stairway to the Skies". The two lions began to ascend upwards, Mufasa glanced back to see Simba and his body fade before him, and later the Pridelands began to fade. It was now his time to join his ancestors, the Great Kings of the Past.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Return to Fan Fictions