Nala's Shadowland

Nala's Shadowland

Postby Meskhenet » August 11th, 2012, 8:50 pm

Nala sighs as she looks out into her home the Shadowlands from what used to be the symbol of the Pride Lands during its golden years, Pride Rock. At one time, healthy blades of grass on the ground and the leaves on the acacia trees were green and the river was blue as the sky on a beautiful cloudless day. But after former King Mufasa died from the wildebeest stampede that took place in the gorge, Scar took over and everything fell apart.

Not long after Scar became king a terrible drought occurred. In fact, the drought was more severe than the one that had occurred during King Mohatu's reign. The ground cracked, the grass died, the trees lost their leaves, and many of them fell over, and the Waterhole had shrunk to the size of a small puddle. The animals ran away in herds knowing they won't survive due to lack of food and the lionesses excessively hunting to meet the demands of the hungry hyenas. And those who didn't leave either died from starvation and dehydration or the jaws of the hyena's.

Shadowland
The leaves have fallen.
This shadowed land
This was our home.
The river's dry
The ground has broken.
So I must go
Now I must go.

Nala sighed, she knew she had to get help. So, she went to find her pride sisters, but she was careful not to alert Scar or the hyenas in any way. For if her plan was revealed she would be put to death for treason against the king.

After she had located her pride mates, Nala looked at them with urgency and determination in her eyes. They nodded sadly and hung their heads as if they had already knew what she was thinking of.

Dry lands
I have no choice
My lands
I will find my way
Tear-strained
Lea halalela
Take this
Take this prayer
With you
Fatshe leso

So, Nala sneaked away from Pride Rock, and into the unknown lands of the African plains. Hoping that she could find the right lion to dethrone their tyrannic king.

And where the journey may lead me
Let this prayer be my guide
For this may take me
So faraway
But I'll remember my pride.
Last edited by Meskhenet on November 27th, 2013, 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meskhenet
Let this prayer be your guide

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Always remember your pride

Nickname(s): Mesk
Pride Points: 21

Re: Nala's Shadowland.

Postby Kovu08 » August 13th, 2012, 7:19 pm

I thought it was good.
Kovu08
You'll find us chasing the sun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one! :)

Nickname(s): Bynn, Bumble Bee
Pride Points: 2

Re: Nala's Shadowland.

Postby Tacobell Lion » August 15th, 2012, 1:06 am

:) Yea! That was really cool! :)
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Can YOU feel the love tonight?

Nickname(s): Lion(no joke)
Pride Points: 9

Return to Fan Fictions