TLK 4ish: Broken Love

TLK 4ish: Broken Love

Postby Kovu08 » August 13th, 2012, 6:46 pm

I hope you enjoy how my version of the next Lion King, after The Lion King 2, would be. :smile4:

Chapter 1:
Kovu looked on proudly as Rafiki, the crazy old monkey, held his newborn son. Beside him sat his beloved mate, Kiara. He nuzzled her as they watched the proceeding ceremony. Mekall, their son looked just like Kovu except had some of Simba's looks. He was strong for a newborn cub and some thought he'd grow up to be a great leader like Simba. Simba had recently stepped down from his position to let Kovu and Kiara take place as the King and Queen of the Pride Lands.
So far everything had gone well until the clouds started to change colors and the sky had turned dark. Lightning struck a little while off and Kovu became worried. Simba, his mane turning gray from his old age, called everyone into the cave. "Go quickly! It seems the Rain Seaseon has begun. And this storm seems quite severe. Nala jumped down from the rocks and gathered the other lions and lionesses. When they were about to enter the cave they heard a voice from a lion they had all hated ever since she joined. Jotama.
"My cub, Fegrai, is born. And I believe Kiara promised me that my cub would have your's as a mate." she smiled wickedly.
"I told you months ago that was over! You have broke many rules and you should be lucky Kovu has let you stay!" Kiara growled, standing beside Kovu.
"Ah, but you promised. And I believe someone told me that you must keep promises." Jotama said.
Jotama had had a history of trouble. She herself wanted the throne just like Scar. But for different purposes. Jotama didn't want the silly old Pride Lands. She wanted all of Africa. Jotama didn't want a small group of lions. She wanted everything. She was much smarter than Scar had ever been. For instance, she had planned for her daughter to gain the throne and and overpower Mekall by making him so in love with her he would do anything for her.
Kovu looked at his mate with a look saying, We can't do anything else. Kiara turned sadly to Jotama and said, "You are right. I can't break my own rules. When they are old enough, they shall become a couple."
Kiara looked up at Kovu with tears in her eyes and Kovu licked her forehead. They walked in the cave and Kovu and Kiara, who was holding Mekall, padded over to a nice little room inside. Saved especially for the King and Queen and their children. They laid down beside each other, Mekall in Kiara's arms, thinking of what would happen.
"The only thing to do," Kovu said, "Is to see what Mekall will make of his future."

Should I right another chapter? :)
Kovu08
You'll find us chasing the sun

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

We are one! :)

Nickname(s): Bynn, Bumble Bee
Pride Points: 2

Re: TLK 3: Broken Love

Postby Kovu08 » August 14th, 2012, 3:16 pm

Chapter 2: A new face
In a few months Mekall had already grown into a strong cub. And was finally allowed out of the cave.
"Thank you so much dad!" he smiled at Kovu.
"Of course, Mekall. But first let me show you something King Mufasa told Simba." a look appeared on Kovu's face, for a few weeks ago Simba had died. Kovu had become good friends throughout the years and he was still devastated about the loss of Simba. He looked up at the sunset thinking about how he would see Simba soon, among the great kings in the stars. Nala would be joining him soon.
Kovu and Mekall padded towards the edge of the Pride Rock. Mekall sat down next to his father's giant paw. Kovu looked down at Mekall with a bright, beaming smile.
"Son, do you see the land covered with light in front of us?" Kovu asked, looking out upon the land.
Mekall nodded and looked at it. It seemed comforting and safe to him, just like his mother. Well, father too.
"Everything the light touches, is ours. Now if you look over there," Kovu pointed to the darker areas surrounding the lighter areas, " That is the outerlands. Don't go over there. That is a dangerous place where Simba almost got killed."
"What happened?" Mekall asked, excitement shining in his eyes.
"A bunch of hyenas came and tried to eat him and Nala. But then Mufasa came and rescued him. That better not happen to you because I don't want to be Mufasa." Kovu smiled.
"Yes, Kovu." Mekall said before jumping down from the rocks.
The scent of grass flooded Mekall's nostrils as he padded through it. It was the perfect place to play compared to the cave. He ran through it and squealed as something cold and wet hit his paws. Mekall looked down and saw what they called a stream. He sat down and took a long refreshing drink. But suddenly flew three feet in the air as some one said, "Hi!"
Mekall jerked around to see a female cub, who wasn't Fegrai.
"Hi, my name is Mekall. What's yours?" he asked.
"Kalana. You're the prince aren't you?" Kalana said.
Mekall nodded and replied, "Do you want to be friends?"
"Of course, silly!" she smiled and pounced on him.
A few feet away sat Fergai who was already turning into a beatiful lioness although still a cub. And for a cub she was very mature. Fergai growled as she saw this lioness, Kalana, befriending her future mate. She turned and ran through the grass to report this to her mother.
Kovu08

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Re: TLK 4ish: Broken Love

Postby Tacobell Lion » August 14th, 2012, 6:01 pm

Keep goin! This story is actually pretty good so far. :)
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Can YOU feel the love tonight?

Nickname(s): Lion(no joke)
Pride Points: 9

Postby Kovu08 » August 14th, 2012, 11:12 pm

Thanks! :D

Chapter 3: Learning to love
It had been a few weeks since Mekall and Nalana had become best friends. They did practically everything together and were bored when seperated. Nalana was the daughter of a lonely lioness named Sheku, giving her the opportunity to bound away whenever she wanted. As cubs they normally didn't get to go outside very often. But everyday Mekall and Nalana managed to squeeze out of the comfy prison.
Now that they were older Mekall and Nalana were separated even more. They were older teenagers, Mekall earning a mane like his father's. Dark yet nice looking. And since they were older, Mekall had to learn something.
"Mekall," Kovu said to his son as they were sitting on the edge of pride rock, "You may have known this time was going to come."
"What time?" Mekall pulled away his gaze from the sunset.
"To get to know your future mate." Kovu looked at him.
"I already know her. Nalana will be my future mate." Mekall's gaze rested on a dot of yellow running with some other lions in a group. Nalana.
"No. I'm sorry to say this son, but as a prince, you can't choose your mate. Your mother did because there aren't that many other male lions." Kovu's eyes were full of sympathy for his cub.
"That's not fair! I love Kalana and Kalana loves me!" Mekall's voice was suddenly filled with anger.
"Well then I guess you'll have to pretend to love Fergai then! You have to live with our pride's custom! Deal with it, son!" Kovu roared and stomed off, furious at his son's behavior.
Fergai, huh, thought Mekall. He knew that she was evil. Everyone did. Well, except for his parents. There was rumors that she was going to help her mother take over the pride once they were mates. The word pretend still rang in his head and he decided his father was right.
He passed Fergai and she smiled.
If he says to pretend, then pretend I will! Mekall smiled back and padded over to talk.
Kovu08

Postby Tacobell Lion » August 15th, 2012, 12:11 am

Ha, nice! I have a quick question, is Nalana and Kalana the same person?
Also, keep on goin! I love this stuff! :D
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Postby Kovu08 » August 15th, 2012, 12:50 am

Oops! Totally messed up on that! Yeah, Nalana and Kalana are the same. Though her name actually is Nalana :oops: :)
Kovu08

Postby Tacobell Lion » August 18th, 2012, 4:26 pm

I see. kool :)
Plz keep goin? Plz?
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Postby Tacobell Lion » September 7th, 2012, 2:44 am

Plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz?!?!
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Postby Dark Huntress » September 25th, 2012, 6:26 am

Aww! C'mon please keep going!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Kovu08 » September 29th, 2012, 8:50 pm

All right! I will! I will continue this starting tomorrow! Tomorrow you shall have a fresh, new chapter!
Kovu08

Next

Return to Fan Fictions