An Unescapable Destiny

An Unescapable Destiny

Postby Dark Huntress » October 13th, 2012, 12:42 am

This is the story of a young lioness who refuses to accept her destiny and position...

Chapters:

Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:

Chapter 1: The Circle of Life
Spoiler: show
Zanta leapt up as the first rays of sun peeked into the lions' den. She scurried over to where, Hasani, her best friend was sleeping. "Hey, it's morning! Get up!" Her voice was hushed.

Hasani grumbled, but rose. They tiptoed around the sleeping lions and lionesses that blocked their escape, then stood at the gaping hole in the forefront of the den that served as an entrance and exit.

Zanta stared at the lands that lay beyond the waterhole, longing to explore them. As she started to step out into the rosy morning sunlight, a dark brown paw swept her back into the dark recesses of the den.

Zanta turned and looked up into the stern face of her mother, Khadijah. As Khadijah inspected her slowly with lime green eyes, Zanta shifted uneasily and glared coldly at Hasani who was attempting to slip back to his mother.

"Did you have plans today that I was not informed of?" Zanta winced at her mother's soft voice. She grinned guiltily. Her mother stood, her head held erect, displaying her obvious grace and the fact that she was royalty, then lead Zanta out to the tip of Pride Rock.

She sighed then paced in front of Zanta. Her soft was soft, yet lightly reproachful,"As the future queen you are not entitled to the freedom that others in this pride and elsewhere exhibit as your subjects. Your people need you, Zanta, you cannot forsake them for your own petty pleasure."

She sat, her gaze overlooking Pride Rock's domain as Zanta hung her head guiltily, holding that position for several moments before looking at Zanta, her green eyes meeting Zantas ice-blue ones.

"You are much younger than most that hear about the circle of life, but I believe it is time for you to be taught about it. The circle of life is the way we live, we have no choice in that matter. As lions, we are born, we grow up, we mate, we have children of our own, then, eventually, we pass into the void. As queen, it is especially important for us to choose a strong, worthy mate, as your kingdom needs such a king. Also, it is just as important to teach your next heir the things I will teach you today. Come."

Zanta followed her mother as she led her away from Pride Rock and the waterhole; farther away from the den than she had ever been. Her mother smiled slightly as she watched a small bird fly by, accompanied by her three hatchlings. "As a queen you must learn how to hold yourself with ease, show your power with grace, and distaste and disgust with poise and firmness."

Zanta frowned,"But Mom? How-"

Khadijah silenced her with a paw,"My daughter, there are many things to learn, but this one most of all: trust your heart above all other things. It will influence your decisions both personal and public alike. Each decision you make has many aftereffects, so choose wisely. Now, you must remember the circle of life affects much more than just ourselves. We eat the gazelle while we live, but when we die our bodies become the grass that the gazelle eat-we are intertwined. We each depend on the other for survival."

Zanta sighed, there was so much-she could never remember it all, but, did she even want to? Her mother glanced down at one of the small paw prints that Zanta had made, then pressed her own paw down by it,"Even when your father and I are no longer with you in person, we will always be with you. Your father will go to sleep with the kings if old in the heavens, and I will sleep forever in your heart. Never block your past or your family, terrible happenings ensue, remember the story of Simba."

Zanta nodded dumbly, then hid her head as a tear slipped out of the corner of one of her ice blue eyes and fell onto one of her dark brown paws. Khadijah nuzzled her,"Come, it is almost time for the counsel to begin."
Last edited by Dark Huntress on May 18th, 2013, 2:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Re: An Unescapable Destiny

Postby FlipMode » October 13th, 2012, 10:42 pm

Cool story bro, needs more spacing. Did you copy and paste it from Word? If so it will not add paragraph breaks and it really does not take long to add them yourself. Still, I have had to get used to reading fics on here as one big wall of text so I guess I can let it slide, because aside from that it was quite good.
FlipMode

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 266

Postby Dark Huntress » October 13th, 2012, 10:43 pm

Pls leave comments-I need honest criticism to get better. And I need to before I write my cycle...(not TLK related). I wrote it all on an iPod, flip, but thx :)
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Dark Huntress » October 13th, 2012, 10:44 pm

Yeah, I'm working on the paragraph breaks and stuff (I haven't gotten that far in Grammar)
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby meeko » October 14th, 2012, 8:41 pm

Love it wolfie!

Thank you so much Sophie for my amazing signatures!
Thank you Scars Mate for my beautiful Avatar!
meeko
Is there something you need

to tell me about?

Nickname(s): Meekz
Pride Points: 7

Postby Dark Huntress » October 14th, 2012, 8:55 pm

Thx meeko :p
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Dark Huntress » October 15th, 2012, 2:43 am

Chapter 2: Irritable Subjects
Zanta bounded up the path to Pride Rock, ice blue eyes shining. "Daddy!" Her tiny paws stirred clouds up dust as she ran to her father, Zuberi, a big, strong pale lion with ice blue eyes.
She purred and arched her back as he nuzzled her with his grey chin and neck.

Khadijah smiled and stood a few feet away, observing her mate and cub express their love for each other. Zanta pranced around Zuberi for a few moments then smiled mischievously. Khadijah raised a brow as she noticed Zantas troublemaker expression. She rolled her eyes at her daughter than approached her mate and licked him on the cheek.

Zuberi nuzzled her than started to lead her away,"Come, let Zanta play-the Council is about to start."

Zanta waited until her parents had disappeared behind the den before hurrying to find Hasani. She grinned as she sighted him a few minutes later at the waterhole with his mother.

Zanta crept silently through the lush grass that surrounded the waterhole, then eased herself onto the top of a large boulder, making sure to not scratch the rock. She watched Hasani chase a butterfly for a few minutes before finally leaning over the water to drink. As he leaned forward a mischievous smile flickered across her face and she crouched, ready to spring upon her prey. She leapt through to air, paws outstretched.

She landed on Hasani, who pitched forward into the cool, clear water with surprise. Zanta rolled on the ground, her sides shaking with laughter, as Hasani quickly stuck his then wet head out of the water and glared at her-his lime green eyes narrowed with anger.

Zanta stopped laughing and frowned as Hasani marched by, his back turned. He had never treated her like that before. She rose to her paws,"Hasani, come back."

No answer.

"Hasani! Come back here!" She held her head erect,"As your princess and future queen I order you to come here."

Hasani stopped and sighed heavily, then turned and padded towards Zanta, who had seated herself expectantly. He snapped harshly,"What?!"

Zanta gave him an ice cold look,"I am royalty and you are my subject-I will not be spoken to thusly."

Hasani gave her a slightly adoring look, what she was accustomed to, then bowed,"As you wish."

Zanta rolled her eyes at his over dramatic display,"C'mon, let's to explore-Mom and Dad are busy." She trotted off, her tail held high and step full of bounce.
Last edited by Dark Huntress on May 18th, 2013, 2:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Dark Huntress » May 12th, 2013, 1:08 am

Chapter 3: Unwelcome Intentions
A few months have passed and Hasani and Zanta are young adolescents now.
"Mom! Be serious!" Zanta whined, then sighed dramatically,"There's no one to betroth me to-and even if there was, it's my choice!"

Khadijah bristled."It's not your choice! And there is Hasani!" Zanta put on a gagged expression.

"Gross! Hasani's...Hasani...that's just not right." She shuddered.

Khadijah sighed heavily and rolled her eyes,"Hasani is your father and I's choice. We will announce it this afternoon."

Zanta glared at the stone in front of her,"Can I do something before then."

Khadijah gave her daughter a suspicious look,"As long as you stay within a five minute run's distance, as always."

Zanta groaned,"Mom! If I'm old enough to be "betrothed", I'm old enough to off alone."

Khadijah glared at Zanta,"You are never old enough! Remember, I told you when you were young that we must make sacrifices as Queen, setting aside much of your personal freedom and privacy are some of them."

Zanta muttered in an undertone. "Whatever." She stalked past her mother and down the path, heading away from Pride Rock.

She groaned as Hasani sighted her and bounded eagerly up to her. She studied him, he was attractive, she supposed, but would he really be a good leader? She ignored him. He saw her irritated expression and slipped away, sparing his feelings. Zanta sighed with relief.

Muttering to herself she stalked a little ways off and plopped down in the grass. "This is stupid!" She swatted a stray piece of grass with a paw. "I'm never going to be old enough to do anything except be bossed around!

"There's nothing fun about being a princess. Just do this, do that, sit up, don't slouch, eat quietly, don't smack your zebra, don't speak your mind! It's just, ugh!"

She collapsed on her paws. Was this really all there was to life? Was she missing something? She cast her ice-blue eyes over the rolling green hills.

There was only one way to find out.

Before she could give way to her thoughts, Hasani came running up, huffing and puffing. He managed to pant out something about 'the queen and king wanting her' and she rose very primly to her paws.

She followed him through the tall grass, her mind wandering many places. Unfortunately, however, the idea had been planted...
Last edited by Dark Huntress on May 18th, 2013, 2:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Tacobell Lion » May 12th, 2013, 6:51 pm

Great story so far! :)
Tacobell Lion
Gucci Mane

Can YOU feel the love tonight?

Nickname(s): Lion(no joke)
Pride Points: 9

Postby Dark Huntress » May 14th, 2013, 4:14 am

Eh....thx tho ^^ totally forgot about this >.< I still remember how it ends tho :evil:
Thx Silver ^^ Image

FanFics:
Bond of Brothers

Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Next

Return to Fan Fictions