Another Unnamed (One Shot)

Another Unnamed (One Shot)

Postby Kopalover » October 16th, 2012, 1:05 am

Don't mind the name.. I had no idea what to call this. But please, I am open to criticism and opinions! Dint hesitate because you think you might hurt my feelings. Please give me advice, I need it.
Enjoy the story!!

----------------------

It was a quiet morning in the Pridelands. The sky was a bright orange, and the grass was full of dew. A cold breeze circled through the trees, and made the loose leaves dance around the Pridelands, the light from the sun had barley begun to shine upon the mountains. Many animals were staring to stir, and awaken their young for the new day.

Chaka, a young tan pelted lion with a small light brown tuft paced around the entrance of his den, waiting for his father to finally wake up and show him the Pridelands. He had been waiting since dark to finally spend time with his father for the first time in a few weeks. Only his mother had paid any undivided attention to him since he was born. She only left Chaka to hunt, or help his father with any harder problems with the Kingdom.

“Dad. Wake up!” Young Chaka yelped into the den, getting angrier with his father, every minute that passed. “You made me a promise!” He yelled into the den once again, this time a little louder, waking some of the lionesses. Many of them growled lightly, as a small warning to the young cub. It was still dangerously early for the Pride, and they needed the sleep for the day.

“I’m coming Chaka, but please stay quiet.” A male voice mumbled, and groaned. A figure stood up in between the large group of lions, a very large figure. It shook his mane and tiptoed through the group, staying as quiet as it could. Finally, the lion exited the den, and blinked his blue eyes as the rising sun. “I’m out. Now come with me, son.” He said, smiling at Chaka then walking up the winding stairs. Chaka wasn't too far behind, but struggled to climb the rock. His father kept a slow and steady pace, silently waiting for his young son.

“I don’t think she’s going to make it.” Kopa said as he waited nervously outside of the maternity den. He’s been sweating since Vitani entered the den in labor and he never left the spot he last saw her. “I’m so worried Father, what do I do?” Dropping his head, as a single tear rolled down his cheek and splashed on the rock.

“Kopa, there is nothing to do but wait.” His father, Simba said walking over to Kopa and placing a paw on his shoulder. “She’s strong enough, and you know it.” Simba reassured, his brown eyes looked into his sons with sympathy and he smiled.

“But father, she’s been in there for hours. I can’t take-.”

“Kopa. Vitani is ready for you.” Kopa’s mother, Nala looked at her son. She looked almost worried, as Kopa bolted into the den.

“Vitani! Vitani!” He ran over and started licking her forehead, thanking the Great Kings for answering his prayers. “You’re alive!” Cried Kopa, as he caressed her face.

“I-I am, Kopa, but I have someone for you to meet.” Vitani spat out, still out of breath from the long birthing process. Moving her head slightly, she bent down and licked a small tan figure. The young-one had almost the same colour pelt as her, but only slightly lighter. She brought her own head up, so Kopa could get a better view. “His name is Chaka.” Whispering into her mate’s ear then licking his ear softly.

Kopa gasped quietly, and slowly brought his head down towards the small cub. Baby Chaka was so tiny and so fragile, Kopa gently nuzzled the newborn and licked him ever s softly. “He’s so beautiful. Just like his mother.” He brought his head up and said quietly to Vitani, who blushed deeply. Both of their eyes were filled with tears, they were finally a family.

“This is the Pridelands, son.” Kopa proudly said to his small cub, which sat patiently beside him. “My father had once owned these lands, as with his father before.” He barley finished before he looked down at young Chaka. He sat staring at his father in awe; the lands were rightfully his. “Everything the light touches is our kingdom.” Kopa’s thoughts filled with what his father had once told him. Simba used the exact same line to describe their kingdom. “I’m going to tell you a story son. So sit tight.” Kopa lay beside Chaka, still staring into the distance of the Pridelands.

“Alright dad!” Chaka sung as he jumped on top of his father, resting his head on Kopa’s large mane.

“There was a dark lion, and a light lion. These lions were brothers from birth. They grew together and played together. When their father had chosen the light lion to be king, the dark lion grew cold. The dark lion thought he was better than everyone else, and thought that he deserved to be King.

The dark lion made an alliance with the Hyenas, vowing that they’ll receive as much food as they want! Granted to hunt wherever and whenever they felt! And when the light lion was crowned King, the darker lion started plotting how to kill his brother. Many, many plans failed, and the dark lion continued failing to kill his brother. The light King pronounced his Queen was pregnant with his heir.

The dark king was second in line; he now wanted to kill the pregnant Queen. Killing the Queen would ensure his spot as next King. Again, he tried so many times, but failed. The Queen quickly gave birth to a beautiful cub. The Dark Lion did not go to his presentation.

Finally, The Dark Lion came up with a plan, on how to kill both the cub, and the King.

It succeeded, and he killed the King. He sent his Hyena pals to chase and kill the cub, and little did he know; they didn’t succeed, but the cub ran away from the Kingdom.

The Dark Lion was now King. He thought he could do whatever he wanted. Soon, the Kingdom was destroyed, and every balance was displaced.

Some odd years later, the cub was now a full-grown lion and was much bigger than the Dark Lion. The once small cub came and took the spot as King from the Dark Lion. The cub was in his rightful place.

The Hyenas, for betraying them and blaming this entire mess on them, killed the Dark Lion. The Dark King was killed for destroying the balance, and for causing other lions pain” Kopa finished, taking a deep breath and taking Chaka off of his back, and placing him in front.

“Why do you think I told you this story?” Kopa asked, looking at his son very seriously and raising an eyebrow. He wanted his son to learn from this story.

“You don’t want me to end up like this, don’t you?” Chaka answered Kopa’s question, with another question. He hoped that his answer was partly correct.

“Yes. Though, you don’t have any brothers to fight over, but let that story remind you not to betray anyone, and not to blame anyone. Take punishments for your own actions, instead of letting someone else take the blame. Step up, and be a King. Leaders take his or her own punishments, don’t let someone else take your blame. Okay Chaka?” Kopa trusted his son with the responsibilities of being King. Chaka was a very bright cub, and knew when something was wrong. One could not lie to Chaka, without him finding out the truth.

“Okay dad. I promise to be a good King.” Chaka nodded, and smiled at Kopa with innocent violet eyes. They looked just like Vitani’s; with a small hint of Kopa’s blue eyes. “But Dad-” He paused, closing his smile and now being serious. “That story was about Great Grandpa Mufasa, Great Uncle Scar and Grandpa, wasn't it?” Chaka asked, which was a surprise to Kopa. He had no idea Chaka knew about the ancestors.

Kopa simply nodded, with surprise in his blue eye. “Yes Chaka. That story is about Mufasa, Scar and Simba.” He chucked, and then got up from his position. “Let’s go back to mum, I bet there’s breakfast for us!” Walking away, and descending down Priderock
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Re: Another Unnamed (One Shot)

Postby Dark Huntress » October 16th, 2012, 4:05 am

I love it!
Thx Silver ^^ Image
My MLK Family and Friends: show
Sisters/BFs: Scarsmate, Meeko, Kiki, Redkite, and SimbaObsessor
Uncle: Tora
Godfather: James
Brother: Realmofthedragon
Mother: Wolfishgirl
Aunt: Unikels
ADORBZ [fluffy!] kitty friend: OuRaion

Credits Where Due: show
Thank-you, Darth Julie for the amazing avatar!!!
And thx, Silver for the kickbutt siggy!

My Philosophy: show
Love with every bit of who you really are, not with who you pretend to be.

FanFics:
Feedback appreciated! Please check it out!
Bond of Brothers

All artists, please join me on my art odyssey!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Re: Another Unnamed (One Shot)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » October 16th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Very well written ^^ Kopa is the perfect father figure here, and I love cub Chaka.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Return to Fan Fictions