Reign of the Mad King

Postby Kopalover » February 1st, 2014, 1:02 am

Mad King, Achievement Hunter anyone?

Would enjoy feedback, will not update on a scheduled time, sorry ^.^

Enjoy the FanFiction (:

Reign of the Mad King

Chapter 1
The Beginning

"Mufasa's death was a terrible tragedy;" A strong voice echoed over the the pride of distraught lionesses. "But to loose Simba too, who had barley begun to live." The same voice continued as the lionesses dropped their heads as one lionesses sobbed the loudest. "For me it is a deep personal loss." The voice said with fake sadness to cover the tinge of excitement underneath. "So it is with a heavy heart that I assume the throne." The lionesses didnt even blink at the remark, busy mourning the loss of their friends and family. "Yet, out of the ashes of this tragedy, we shall rise to greet the dawning of a new era." The heads of all the startled lionesses shot up, their mouths wide in awe and fear. Shadows of skinny beasts shone off the walls and struck fear into the lionesses hearts. "in which lion and hyena come together, in a great and glorious future!" The lion spoke with pride, and with out hesitation started climbing the large rock the hyenes were circling.

A muscular dark beige lioness with red eyes broke through the croud of lionesses and started climbing behind the new king. "You can't do this, Scar. Not so soon after your brother and nephew's d-death." She choked between sobs, "Its not right!" Her voice cracked and she could feel her knees buckling under her weight. As she has just lost her husband and son.

He turned to her slowly, "I am the King, Sarabi. I can do what ever I please." Scar chuckled lightly then turned away from her. "You aren't Queen anymore, you have no say in this." He said coldly then padded towards the edge of Priderock, to claim his kingdom. Sarabi let out a deep sigh before entering the cave they all slept in, she let in a deep breath of Simba and Mufasa's scent before moving towards the back of the cave. Upon finding a spot and lying down, she heard a mighty roar pierce through the silence followed by many shakier and quiter roars.

Mufasa had done the same when he was handed the throne by his father before him. She remembered feeling the ground shake as she stood proudly beside him as his Queen. It was all over, taken from her in mere moments. She could feel a stinging in her heart, almost like it was being torn up to pieces. She wished dearly for Simba to come pouncing in with Mufasa in tow, hoping this was a cruel joke instead of the truth.

"Sarabi, are you alright?" Sarabi opened her eyes to only be startled by a light beige lioness with green eyes standing infront of her. It took a few moments for Sarabi to realize the was subconsciously scratching at the cave floor. Lifting her paws off the cave floor, she wiped the tears from her cheeks. Sarabi shook her head and picked herself off the ground. She looked to her friend, then silently padded out of the cave.

The light beige lioness sighed then turned her attention to the small group of lionesses behind her, the ones Sarabi didn't acknowledge. "We need to leave her alone for a few days, while also keeping an eye on her." She spoke, cutting the silence in the eerily quiet cave.

"Sarafina, do you think she'll be okay soon? She's a strong member of hunting team." A sandy lioness with dark blue eyes asked.

"The hunting team can wait, Nasiah. We have a friend who just lost her entire family." Sarafina said worried, "The future hunters group can care for Nala and Mheetu." She gazed adoringly at her sleeping cubs. "Siku you are temporarily upgraded from caretaker to third left wing. Everyone else is moved up a spot." Sarafina ordered, being second in command to Sarabi. The other lionesses agreed with her, and proceeded to talk about the new rules while Sarafina glided towards her sleeping cubs. "Sleep well my loves." She nuzzled both gently and laid beside them, wrapping her body and tail around the two. They had lost their best friend and mentor today, and had been crying for ages until it lulled them to sleep. Sarafina closed her glazed eyes, her mind filled with worry and sorrow.

~~~~~~~~

Scar had been alone on the top of Priderock for hours while the lionesses moaned and groaned about the loss of the 'oh so great' Mufasa. He knew they would need a few days to adjust to him as King, and the hyenas. Why did they have to take so long to moan about the death of someone lesser than him? All he wanted to do was have them start hunting again, and start moving around so he could boss them around.

"King Scar." A scratchy voice came from behind him. He turned to see head hyena, Shenzi. His mouth formed a smile, and he chuckled deeply.

"Ah, my dear friend, you have done a great job today with the stampede." Scar happily exclaimed, pulling her into a hug, "Everything went according to plan." He sighed happily.

Shenzi pushed away from his odd embrace. "Not exactly on the hyenas side. 3 casualties from those damn wildebeests." The hyena pressed her black lips together, and looked to the ground. "One being my sister." She huffed, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Little Malikie. What was she doing there?" Scar asked sadly, he truly did care about Shenzi and her family. When Scar was a cub, they accepted him when his father didn't. Shenzi's mother died while giving birth to young Malikie, she gave her life for her pup.

"Guess she thought she could be a grown up hyena and help the pack with the plan." Shenzi's eyes filled with tears, they rarey did as she hid her emotions frequently. "We found her body and got it out of there quick before the lionesses collected Mufasas body." Shenzi turned to leave before she broke into sobs, Scar didn't try to stop her or she'd lash out at him.

"Thank you, Shenzi I'm sorry." Scar called out to her, but only recieved a grunt for a response. He turned back to watch the night over the Pridelands. Scar cared more for hyenas than he did his own species. They took him in when the lions treated him as an outcast. They treated the scar his own father gave him.

~~~~~~~~

A few days had past since the deaths of Simba and Mufasa, the lionesses had to put away their sorrow to feed one another. The lionesses asked for Scars blessing before the hunt, and were permitted. "A spotted a pack of Zebra on the West Plains, and we know the Warthogs also make do over there." Nasiah said sternly, jogging towards the pack of planning lionesses.

"We'll go there first. Plan A is zebra, Plan B is warthog." Sarafina agreed, nodding to the other lionesses. "Start stretching, we leave soon." She sighed, then turned to visit her cubs before she left.
"Mama, can I come too?" Her daughter, Nala asked softly while staring into her mothers eyes. "I want to be with you." She nuzzled Sarafinas leg. Nala hadn't been away from her mother since the death of her best friend.

"Nala, I'm afraid you're far too young. I promise when I get back I'll take you and Mheetu on a short hunting lesson." Sarafina smiled then gave her daughter a lick. "Stay here with Tamu and Fraya. They will take care of you." She said, gazing at the brown lioness and the white one. The huntress nodded at the babysitters then returned her attention to Mheetu.

"Byebye mama!" Mheetu exclaimed, grabbing her large paws with his tiny ones. Mheetu was slightly whiter than Nala, and had much bluer eyes. The young cub had a tan tuft with little streaks of red weaving through.

Sarafina chuckled, "Goodbye, my baby boy." She softly said to her son. "I'll be back soon. Go play with your sister, honey!" Mheetu nodded with a determined look on his face, then ran towards Nala playfully. Sarafina sighed happily, then walked back towards the waiting lioness.

"Ready?" A light grey lioness gleefully, obviously eager to leave.

"Ready."
Signatures by Shadowfax, thank you love <3
Kopalover
X-RAAYY

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...AND VAAAAAV

Nickname(s): Zoe, KL
Pride Points: 33

Re: Reign of the Mad King

Postby DragonFromNewYork » March 19th, 2014, 2:52 am

I love the title reference! Yes I am an Achievement Hunter fan, Ryan always gives me a laugh.

This was very good. I really like the emotion you give to each character. Is it possible that there's a bit more to it...?
"Where's your pretty daughter, Nalaaa?"
DragonFromNewYork

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Safina
Pride Points: 1

Re: Reign of the Mad King

Postby camwhyy » March 19th, 2014, 5:17 pm

Oh my goodness. This was amazing! I love the descriptions of everyone, I could feel every word in my heart. And every time someone spoke I read it in their voice! Great job! Cant wait till I finish my fanfic to share with everyone :)
camwhyy
Pride Hunter

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Remember who you are!

Nickname(s): Cam, camwhyy, Simba
Pride Points: 2

Return to Fan Fictions