The Story of My Life

The Story of My Life

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » May 10th, 2014, 4:29 pm

This is the story of my life. From my hatching to taking my job. From my first kiss to Mufasa's death. From Scar's death to Kopa's death. From Zira's death to mating. From my mother's death to having my own children. From there on, my life was a roller coaster. This is the story of my life.

Okay, now that we are done with the introduction :) I can tell you who am. I am Zazu. The king's majordomo. I have some interesting viewpoints, ones you never heard before. Now, all I ask of you is patience and to relax. Now, we can begin my story. :D

Just thought that I should let you know, anyone 12 and up can read this story. There are some parts I am questionable about.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

My Hatching

If I recall, my hatching was very early in the morning. In fact so early, I woke up my mother. My mother was Sauda and my father was Zuberi. Both fit their names perfectly. Sauda means “dark complexion” and Zuberi means “strong”. My mother had a swollen face and was slightly overweight. She had a scar on her left cheek and had red feathers. My father was strong and remarkably tall. He had random marks along his body. However, my siblings and I were saved of scars.

So anyway, I pecked at this prison. I had only achieved a crack before I had to rest. Egg pecking is an extensive, endless procedure I soon learned. I rested for a couple of hours and continued. By the time I got a chance to push the egg covering off my head, I thought I was going to die. I heard some voices, but relaxed still. By midday, I had all the energy I required. I was going to get out of this prison once and for all. I pushed with all my strength. Then, out of nowhere, a bright light beamed at my face. I shut my eyes, but my agony by no means ended. Then, all of the sudden, it all ended.

I opened my eyes to discover my mother’s face in mine. “Go on. You’re nearly finished.” She giggled, rubbing my face with her wing. I found myself lying on my side and the lower half of my body was in the other half of the egg case. I jerked and scratched at it. Then an hour of trying, nothing. All that tough labor for nothing. Mother then put her beak on the egg case softly. This was my great chance. My chance to crawl out and escape. I did just that. I crawled out and escaped. As soon as I did, I wailed. I kicked, screamed, and howled. I was exhausted and stressed out. Nobody could understand why I was like this. Except my mother. She understood. She quietly giggled and picked me up. “Shhhh. It’s okay. You’re all right. Shhh. It’s okay. It’s okay.” She cooed to me, lightly rubbing my face. I stopped crying and observed her.
She grinned. Though Mother was a dumb as a rock, she knew how to make children quiet down. That was one of her strong suits. I grinned back. When I saw her beak, I touched with my featherless wings. She gave a little chuckle. I gave a short chuckle. “Why, you are like a parrot. A little cute parrot.” She said in her Southern dialect. I chirped.

Then, we heard a crack. Mother looked at me with a concerned face. However, my attention was on a baby hornbill hatchling that emerged a second ago. Mother looked and saw the baby. As soon as she saw the baby, she lightly put me down. I looked at her as she picked up my baby sister. The odd baby didn’t cry. Instead she giggled. She laughed and touched Mother’s beak. I got possessive. She was touching my Mama’s bill. My Mama. Not her Mama. My Mama. I scampered to them and sat on Mama’s foot. She looked down at me and fussed. She did that a lot. “Ohh, sugar. Are you bored?” She inquired sitting down next to me. She let go of my baby sister, who tiptoed to me.

I pushed her to the ground. Now she bawled. “Sweetheart, why did you do that?” Mama asked me. Now baby chicks aren’t the sharpest horn in Africa, but they aren’t as dumb as a rock either. In our egg we heard our parents chat and we learned while inside the egg. As a new hatching most chicks can say “Mama, Papa, mine, and no.” “No” is often a favorite word. “My Mama!” I yelled at my sister. Tears rose in her eyes. She went crawling to Mama.

“So that explains your attitude!” Mama scolded me. I threw a second fit. “Oh, darling. I’m sorry. Come to Mama.” She picked me up and nuzzled me. I began to droll all over her feathers. She chuckled. I chuckled. “You’re a sweet baby and my baby…” She stopped in mid-sentence. I lightly poked her. Then, she gently beamed at me. “My baby Zazu.” She said as she kissed my forehead. I smiled. Then, I yawned. My eyelids felt very heavy as I fell asleep in her wings.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Yes. I know what you are thinking. 'I thought Zazu's mother was Zuzu.' Well, Zuzu fans, you shall soon see what's up with her. :evil:
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Re: The Story of My Life

Postby Perrys Girlfriend » July 8th, 2014, 9:41 pm

My New Mother

The next day, when I woke up, I wasn’t in our nest. I was near another hornbill’s nest. Mother was embracing me and it was clear that she had been crying. Her eyes were irritated and inflated. She glimpsed down at me and sobbed. I didn’t know what was going on, but I just rubbed her bill. Then, for the first time I saw my father. “It’s all been decided.” He whispered into her ear. She nodded and continued to listen. “His name will stay Zazu, but his last name will change to Banana Beak.” Mother shed a tear and nuzzled me. I nuzzled back.

“Zazu…be a good boy for Zuzu. Be good and don’t argue. Don’t cry.” Mother whispered to me and cried all over me. Then, she gave me to my father. He looked at me and he gave tight embrace. I began to run out of air until Mama interjected. “Stop Zuberi you’re going hurt him.” She said beating his shoulder. He looked down at her and then looked at me. I smiled. He sadly smiled back. “I love you.” Mama whispered in my ear. Father then repeated her “I love you too.” Then, they put me into some stranger’s wings. They kissed me one last time and soared away.

I decided then to look at the bird holding me. She had a bright, neon bill, purple feathers, and lavender eyes. This wasn’t my Mama. This was some stranger named Zuzu. I threw a fit. I cried, bawled, kicked, and punched. Zuzu looked at me with huge eyes. She obviously never seen a baby throw a fit before. Then, I began coughing and choking. I cried some more. Zuzu put my head over her shoulder and tapped my back. Nothing extraordinary happened. Then, she held me like a baby in her wings. She looked at me with a questioning look, her attention in me piqued. My stomach grumbled loudly, a noise and sensation new to me.

She frowned in frustration. “Ay, ay, ay, ay. Your parents never fed you. They are worse than I thought.” She muttered. I snickered. I liked the way she said ‘Ay, ay, ay, and ay.’ She looked down and smiled at me. I smiled back. Then, she put me in her nest. It was fairly big and spacious. Then, she stood over me and opened her bill over mine. I used my bill to peck inside her mouth to see what would happen. It was quite a nauseating procedure, but to cut to the chase, I was fed. After that I had some of what she fed me on my bill. Zuzu rubbed it off with her wing. I only had been with her for a couple of minutes and I loved her. “Mama!” I smiled as I raised my wings high to cuddle with her. Little children and babies tend to think that if someone gives them love and affection, then that's their Mother. She looked stunned for a short moment, then she rubbed me. “I love you.” She whispered. The rest of the day we spent trying feed me and snuggled often. She also tried to get the gas out of my system.
I forever remember my grandfather, Scott, who died on August 10, 2015 at the age of 60. R.I.P
Perrys Girlfriend
Robert Muldoon

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

He saved lives by giving his

Nickname(s): Sam, Samie, Sammi Jo, JP candy warden :D
Pride Points: 19

Return to Fan Fictions