"The Pride That Never Was"

Re: "The Pride That Never Was"

Postby YFWE » May 9th, 2010, 9:08 pm

I love the insight into the story! Really, to be honest, this made me want to read the story all over again! Thanks for all the insight! Much appreciated. ^^
YFWE
Begger, stealer, borrower

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Svanire

Pride Points: 29

Postby Kitten84 » May 20th, 2010, 5:47 pm

I just read it straight through. Absolutely wonderful, Akril. You never cease to amaze me with your talents.

*big applause*
Kitten84

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Postby Akril » May 20th, 2010, 7:48 pm

Thank you very much, you two!
Signature art by Nala_91
Akril

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 22

Postby BlitzRogue » June 1st, 2010, 8:42 pm

Well, I just read it through, and I must say I wasn't entirely impressed with the first half nearly so much as the latter. You tied things up quite nicely, but even so, certainly not your best work. Considering the amount of actual effort you put into it in comparison to some of your other works though, it came out pretty well. Some of the dialogue was fairly dry and characterization was slightly less than I was expecting (though I'm bias in having read "The Road Less Traveled" : P), but as I said, it improved greatly in the second half of the story.

Overall, great job. I'm still a big admirer of your work; keep it up! : )
BlitzRogue
Conversation Killer

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

| Lackadaisical Enthusiasm |

Nickname(s): Blitz, Kyle, KJOokami
Pride Points: 6

Postby clausbelly » June 2nd, 2010, 7:44 am

I love this story and I learn so much from this story.
clausbelly

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): clauy
Pride Points: 0

Postby atouchofgrace » November 20th, 2010, 11:10 pm

I love this story and the character designs are really something. Good job!
ImageImageImageImageImage
atouchofgrace

Nickname(s): Cat
Pride Points: 2

Postby zorayda » November 22nd, 2010, 9:08 pm

=O What's this? *reads eagerly*

EDIT: Wow. I've just read through the entire story, and I must say--I thoroughly enjoyed it. I sort of added what I already knew about these characters to whatever you had given them, and I felt like I got a deeper look into some of my favorite characters and how they would react in certain situations. I also like that I got to see some new characters as well--Chaka and Timira, in particular, are my favorite. I would have liked to have more of them and definitely more of Chaka.

I think I also would have liked to have seen more of your own originality and planning behind this--I'm not saying that it wasn't very creative and a great idea, but I really think that something like this could have been expanded and could have had a lot more of your own original story ideas added in. I'm a bit biased, though, due to reading 'The Road Less Travelled' several times over XD
...passion, colors, everything
The songs I sing, from way out there to deep within
The face I wear behind my grin
The price I pay for my original sin
Everything, everything, everything... -Poets of the Fall
zorayda

Passion, Colors, Everything

Nickname(s): Zor, Zorry
Pride Points: 9

Postby Azdgari » March 25th, 2011, 2:09 pm

Bumped for love and the common good. <3
Guess the Member with Kitva Hyperlink: show
"Hates me
Nothing but facts
Male"

"...Woeler?"

"ya"
Azdgari
big, wide turns

Pride Points: 114

Postby Zoketi » April 17th, 2011, 6:29 am

That was a really great fanfic! You have superb details, and it really seems fitting with all the characters and changes! I know this is repetitive but amazing work!
I enjoyed the way you layed everything out, and how it all fit with the actual storyline. The made-up characters definitely added more to this, because in the actual movie it seemed they only had the main lions/lionesses and Timon, Pumbaa, and Zazu. I always wanted to know some of the other lions, it felt like they were so out of it. The way you added Timira and her mother was good too, I always thought there should have been other cubs in the pride that Kiara could play with. Binti and Zazu were just perfect, and the chicks....a great addition. And you have to love Winston(I liked how he showed Shani and Kovu to the warring prides, rather than just being a bird's mount all the time).
You have great writing and ideas, so keep up the epicness!
Zoketi

yeehaw

Nickname(s): Zoki, Zozo
Pride Points: 28

Postby TLK+Warriors Fan » June 7th, 2012, 10:33 pm

I remember soooo much of this from the movie <3 I absolutely LOVE it! Actually, I'm beginning to like their first names then their edited ones in the movies, great job!!!
TLK+Warriors Fan

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 1

Previous

Return to Fan Fictions