[mlkfaa] - Character -> Tanabi by sofia6899

Technically you're not supposed to find this forum, but you found it. Please don't use this forum to post things, use the MLKFAA only.

[mlkfaa] - Character -> Tanabi by sofia6899

Postby sofia6899 » March 8th, 2018, 6:38 pm

So this little guy is my version of Tanabi! Hope you like him as much as I do!
Please keep in mind this isn't actually what I think is canon, it's just kind of my AU where I play with official and non-official characters!

/-/-/-/-/-/

Tanabi is the third and last born cub of Nala's first litter, his littermates being prince Kopa and princess Naba. Unlike Kopa, Naba and Tanabi are not Simba's offspring [[something I've found out happens in cats, so that's handy for plot purposes!]] and are indeed Scar's cubs, concieved not long before Nala left the Pridelands.

Tanabi himself mostly resembles his father in looks only. He is an excitable little rascal as a cub, not unlike his mother when she was his age. One of the few things he shares with Scar though, is his inteligence, as he was the first of his siblings to put together that he and Naba weren't Simba's biological cubs, along with having a very eloquent vocabulary that usually makes him sound like a big dork.

His relationship with his parents isn't strained or anything, either. Altough Simba was worried during his first months that Tanabi would somehow grow into a wicked lion, much like his biological father. As the little guy grew though, Simba realized that his worries were unfounded, and found himself loving Tanabi a bunch! Their relationship is very similar to Simba and Mufasa's and they both care a lot about each other.

Nala also has a loving relationship with Tanabi. Just like Simba, she was uneasy by the cub at first, specially due to his likeliness to Scar, but gradually came to terms with how he looked and love him dearly. Of the two, Nala is the one with a less close relationship to Tanabi, as she still has some internalized fears that he could someday become like Scar. She loves him! She would never treat him differently from any of her other cubs out of malice. However she's often a teeny bit subconsciously stricter with him when he misbehaves.

Tanabi's cubhood isn't particularly interesting. Altough it might seem like it, his relationship to the tyranical king of the Pridelands, doesn't affect his life much, as the Pridelanders know what happened between Nala and Scar wasn't actual love, and that he and his sister's existence isn't particularly threatening to the throne. The only real lions that take issue with him are Zira and her pridesisters, but even they don't really care much about what he and Naba are up to.

No, just like any other cub, Tanabi spent his younger years playing around and exploring the Pridelands, pranking his family and occasionally getting into trouble for random shenanigans he got up to. The trouble started arising during his teenage years, when Nala's second litter was born and Simba expressed interest in starting The Lion Guard again. But that's a long story.

Tanabi only lives up to his younger adulthood with a seemingly tragic death, attacked by a rogue in the outskirts of the Pridelands. Many are shocked, and the royal family is shaken to their core by the loss of one of the Pridelands' princes. The ones who know the truth about his death are either too scared to speak up about it or in denial about what happened to him.

/-/-/-/-/-/

Heeheehoo!! So that's Tanabi!! He's a cool little guy. Too bad he dies at the end! RIP
sofia6899

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Sofia,Sophie,Salad
Pride Points: 2

Return to Fan Art