[mlkfaa] - General Announcements

Technically you're not supposed to find this forum, but you found it. Please don't use this forum to post things, use the MLKFAA only.

[mlkfaa] - General Announcements

Postby MLK Bot » February 1st, 2009, 4:05 am

General Announcements

Greetings. I am MLK Bot.
If you are reading this that means you found a secret forum! Good for you. *beep*
This forum is used by the MLKFAA. *beep*
You see, each album and artwork gets a topic of their very own. *beep*
When people comment on the album or artwork, they're actually posting a new reply in the album or artwork's topic. *beep*
Then, MLKFAA reads the album or artwork's topic and lists the replies in comment fashion. *beep*
If you don't understand this forum, its because you're not supposed to! *beep*
So don't inquire about it...grr...*beep*

For those who can reply to this topic *beep*
Keep it to one paragraph *beep* *beep* *boop*. No line breaks *beep*.

END OF SESSION.
(Cobol joke)
MLK Bot :: I add content to the site that belongs to people who haven't registered at MLK.
MLK Bot

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Beep beep boop

Pride Points: 2

Please Ignore the Journals

Postby Moka » February 1st, 2009, 6:30 pm

Many of you have noticed a "Journal" section in your album. For the timebeing please ignore this. I am still working on getting these to work. In the future, I hope to have these "Artist Journals" be a place for artists to post announcements and whatever they want to post. I could be a blog or just an update log for them - its totally up to them. So please stand by while I work on these.
Moka
:D

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 138

Album Colors Article Added

Postby Moka » February 6th, 2009, 7:40 am

I have added a new article to the Documentation section. It concerns the new feature: Album Colors. Please read it by clicking here.
Moka

New Thumbnail App

Postby Moka » February 7th, 2009, 9:52 pm

I have added an application that automatically creates thumbnails. This application causes a slight delay the first time a thumbnail is accessed because it has to create the thumbnail. Other than that, it should make MLKFAA faster and better. Because of the new application, I can now allow GIFs and animated GIFs to the Albums. I have also raised the max file size to 4 megabytes by request from a few artists.
Moka

Artwork Descriptions

Postby Moka » February 11th, 2009, 10:47 pm

A message to all artists: Some of your artwork may or may not display the artwork description that you have written. Nothing was lost I just changed the way of displaying the description. I will fix the problem tonight so don't panic if you see a blank description.
Moka

Artist Comments

Postby Moka » February 12th, 2009, 4:15 am

The "Artist Comments" portion of your album will work now if you edit it. I don't know why, but smilies don't work. I might leave it like this, though. If anyone's artist comments are not appearing, please PM me right away. Your comments were not lost, I will get them back for you.
Moka

Artwork Descriptions

Postby Moka » February 12th, 2009, 7:30 pm

Everyone's descriptions of their artworks should be fixed now. I have fixed every single one. If someone finds an error, or still has a blank description in one of their artworks, please PM me immediately!
Moka

Artwork Previous/Next Buttons

Postby Moka » February 16th, 2009, 11:15 pm

I've added some nifty Previous and Next buttons on the page when it displays a single artwork. This lets you browse through someone's gallery without having to click back and find the next thumbnail =)
Moka

TO-DO List

Postby Moka » February 18th, 2009, 10:47 pm

1. Journals - allow artists to post journal posts and display these posts in their album.
2. Characters - allow artists to make their own characters and fill out information about their characters and make a new tab everywhere in the FAA for characters (like newest characters, most used characters, etc). Artwork will soon have a new feature that you can use. You will be able to tag characters in your artwork such as Simba and Nala or your characters or even someone else's if they allow you too. Then, on the artwork's display page, thumbnails of each character tagged will link to that character's display page. Like I said a long time ago, Characters will take me a long time to finish (lol). But I WILL finish them. I've added canon characters into the database. I have to add characters like Kopa, Chumvi etc too.
3. Post a summary of the newest journal posts on the index page. (In that "Something Else" box).
4. Notify the artist of new comments made in their album. This notification will probably up on the very top bar. Like, "Hello, Artist. You have 4 New Comments in your album." Hopefully in the future I will be able to link right to the new comments. This might be tough, I have to figure out how to do this before attempting anything.
If you have any questions, suggestions, comments etc. post them in this topic.
Moka

Journals Completed

Postby Moka » February 27th, 2009, 8:08 pm

Hi everyone, I have completed the Journals. You can now use them and manage them within the FAA. Just go to Edit Account -> Journal to get started.
Moka

Next

Return to Fan Art