[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Hooves, Paws, and Magic — My Lion King Forum

Hooves, Paws, and Magic

Re: Hooves, Paws, and Magic

Postby zorayda » January 16th, 2012, 7:00 am

Twilight was very surprised that the female lion (lioness, she reminded herself) had come up to her quietly to apologize about her husband. She nodded, but didn't quite meet Nala's eyes. Simba was right to be angry--she had torn him from his home suddenly, and anypon--lion would probably freak out if that had happened. The large adult lion shook his mane.

Simba heard what Nala was saying and flicked his ears irritably. The reproachful look on Rarity's face didn't help, either. He had a kingdom to attend to, a pride to lead! Surely his mate understood why he was so upset and angry... an irresponsible pony had used her power for something devastating, and she had to understand that. What of Sarabi? What about their hunting party? What if a rival male showed up and killed every pride lioness's cubs?? These thoughts raced through his mind and he squeezed his eyes shut, his head suddenly killing him.

To his surprise, he felt a hoof touch his mane. Opening his eyes, he saw that same gray flying pony from before, the one brave enough to come close to him and put her hooves all in his mane. Her eyes were crossed a bit, giving her a ditzy sort of look, but she smiled in a soft sort of way and gave him a brief nuzzle. It caught him off-guard, and before he could react, she giggled and flew away.

Simba noticed his mouth was open and immediately closed it. He gave Nala a funny look, then looked suddenly ashamed of himself. Twilight hadn't meant to do any harm. None of these ponies had. Flattening his ears, he nodded mutely at Rarity's comment and remained quiet.

"Thanks a lot, Rare," Twilight said, relief audible in her strained voice as they reached the top of the stairs. It was already late at night, and Spike was already fast asleep in his little basket by Twilight's bed. "I... I have to fix this tomorrow. I didn't mean... I didn't mean t-to..." her throat closed up and tears stung in her eyes. She flung herself onto Rarity and hugged her tight, two tears tracking down her cheeks. "I hope I can fix this," she whimpered, scared.

----

Applejack smiled at Stormy and led him by the hoof to where Rainbow Dash was currently hovering, eyeing the lions nervously.

"Hey, RD! Git down her and say hullo!" Applejack called, waving a hoof at the cyan pegasus.

----

Racking her brain for how to drag the cat to her home, she remembered the strength she'd possessed when she dragged a huge balloon behind her to catch Rainbow Dash when Discord had taken away her loyalty. She could do this...

I think...

"Okay, mister cheetah, I'm going to put you in something and carry you there," Fluttershy said softly but firmly, as if talking to a young foal. Her words were slow and deliberate so that Snowy could understand them. She flew away for a moment and then came back with a large blanket in her teeth. Making sure he saw it first, she wrapped it around him and put the corners together. Giving him a gentle look with her serene aqua eyes, she took the bundle in her mouth and began to fly away to her house, like a stork carrying a newborn.
zorayda

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Passion, Colors, Everything

Nickname(s): Zor, Zorry
Pride Points: 9

Re: Hooves, Paws, and Magic

Postby SnowyCheetah » January 17th, 2012, 11:06 am

Nala, from downstairs, could hear Twilight crying upstairs and Rainbow Dash, who had also been fighting the urge to give Simba a piece of her mind found herself growing ever closer to giving Simba a piece of her mind. Knowing she shouldn't, she found it sufficient to subtly glare at him. Nala did the same, although less subtly, as she heard Twilight's quiet sobbing from upstairs.

Rarity did her best to comfort her shocked friend. "Twilight! Have faith in yourself, my dear! We always pull through things like this! Even in the darkest and most hopeless of times we have been able to come out none the worse. Our friendship will no doubt see us through, as you've always managed to show us even since your arrival in Ponyville." Rarity hoped dearly that her pep-talk made her friend feel better, but also firmly believed in what she'd just told her.

----

Upon seeing the lions Stormy's eyes opened wide and his pupils grew narrow as fear took hold and adrenaline began to flow through his veins. "L-l-l-l-lions..." he muttered very quietly, freezing still and not even beginning to wonder how Applejack could be so casual in the presence of carnivores. "A-a-a-a-aplej-j-jack..." he said quietly, hoping to get her attention and no one else's.

Rainbow Dash glanced quickly at Applejack and flew backwards and down to land next to her, making sure always to keep an eye on the lions. Applejack was obviously not feeling the tension that had arisen from Simba's outburst at Twilight. "Applejack, this is no time to be friendly, we can do that stuff later. Right now we need to make sure these lions leave and go with Rarity before that big one takes another cheap shot at Twilight." she whispered into the orange pony's ear. "Oh, and I think your friend is in need of some reassurance." she said, pointing with one hoof at the shaking Stormy Seethe, who had his eyes glued on the lions.

----

Snowy tried to begin walking while Fluttershy was gone, but managed only a step before nearly falling over, having to abandon any attempt at walking in order to avoid slamming onto the ground a second time. He landed softly into the soft-spoken pony's blanket and soon found himself staring into the most relaxing facial expression he'd ever laid eyes on before he was swiftly shuttled away, his tail dangling over the edge of the blanket as the winged pony took him off to wherever it was she'd told him she was going to take him - he'd already forgotten due to his stupor.
SnowyCheetah
The Meme de la Meme

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

is mayonnaise a gender

Nickname(s): Snowy, Snow, Sno, SC, SS, Snowball, Stormy
Pride Points: 23

Previous

Return to Role Play (OT)