[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - [Private] The Hunchback of Notre Dame (AdAstra) — My Lion King Forum

[Private] The Hunchback of Notre Dame (AdAstra)

Re: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (AdAstra)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 19th, 2012, 7:29 am

Aimee's body jumped almost violently when a moan emitted from Phoebus' mouth. She looked at him, his eyes weren't open. Dammit. She crawled over to him silently, and realized he was in a bit of an awkward position. He was slipping in and out of consciousness. Aimee knew she'd have to do something. Being as quiet as she could, she pulled him towards her so that he was lying down. Phoebus coughed, not too loud but loud enough. Aimee winced, hoping Quasi had covered that up.

Once his head was resting on her lap, he fell silent again. Relieved, Aimee rested her head back against the sides of the table and just prayed they wouldn't be found now. She instead focused on Phoebus, who took up most of the room. His eyes were fluttering and his breathing a little too quick. Aimee lent down and kissed his head, she wanted him to be ok.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Postby AdAstrα » November 23rd, 2012, 12:13 am

Quasimodo waited apprehensively, listening carefully for any more noises, but there were none. Aimee must have sorted it out somehow , he thought as he immediately relaxed a little. Thank goodness....

"What's.....different in here?" Frollo suddenly asked, looking around suspisciously as he stood up. Quasimodo's heart started pounding again, he stared at his master in complete and utter disbelief. How could he know?

"Nothing, sir." He replied, terrified to meet his gaze. Then, the next second, his heart skipped a beat and he began to panic once more; for Frollo was now looking at his models, among which he had obviously made an interesting discovery. Holding the Esmeralda figure in his hand; the long fingers wrapped around the carved, painted wood, he gazed at it as if it held all the answers he needed.

"Isn't this one new?" he asked, "It's awfully good....looks very much like the gypsy girl."

There was no time for Quasimodo to even try to defend himself, and even if there had been, there was nothing he could've said. He saw the fury rise in the dark eyes, and knew right then that there was no point. No point in even trying to come up with any excuse. He had already understood...

"I know...you helped her escape!" Frollo shouted.

"But, I..."

"And now all of Paris is burning because of you!"

"She...she was kind to me, master." Quasimodo said silently, on the verge of tears almost; looking down as he fought an urge to run away from him, to hide.

"You idiot!" The man was now shaking with anger; sending various items flying in every direction as he, with one sudden motion, knocked the table and everything on it over. He then proceeded to reach out and grab hold of Quasimodo, firmly pulling him closer. "That wasn't kindness, it was cunning! She's a gypsy! Gypsies are not capable of real love! Think, boy! Think of your mother!"

He paused, clearing his throat loudly and letting go of the hunchback, as if suddenly deciding to try a different approach.

"But what chance could a poor, misshapen child like you have against her heathen treachery?" he began. Picking the Esmeralda figure up from the floor, he let the spreading flames of a fallen candle embrace it slowly, until it resembled nothing at all but a piece of severely burnt wood. "Well, never you mind, Quasimodo. She will be out of our lives soon enough." he added, "I will free you from her evil spell. She will torment you no longer..."

"What do you mean?" Quasmodo asked as he watched him walk towards the stairs, his heart sinking as he realised what these words could potentially mean.

Frollo turned around, gazing at him. "I know where her hideout is...and tomorrow at dawn, I will attack with a thousand men."
AdAstrα

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Fabulous Frog
Pride Points: 117

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » November 23rd, 2012, 7:38 am

Aimee had switched off as the conversation continued. She didn't want to be any more terrified than she already was. She played with Phoebus' hair, hoping he would get out of unconsciousness soon. Aimee went off into her own little world, forgetting the situation she was in. A small smile swept over her face, her idea of hope and happiness in her mind-

"I know...you helped her escape!". It took all it could for her not to scream. Her heart was beating in the back of her throat. She payed attention to the conversation, for there was nothing to take her mind off it now. She felt a twinge of guilt, Quasi was getting the brunt of all this. She felt sorry for him though, Frollo was able to scare the living daylights out of most people.

The conversation revolved around one person. Esmeralda. It seemed to Aimee that Frollo had an almost...obsession with her. It was something she didn't like to think about...the things going on in that man's mind. But anyway, Esmeralda, one of the only two gypsies to accept her. She heard Frollo get up and walk away. "I know where her hideout is...and tomorrow at dawn, I will attack with a thousand men.". Aimee winced. That wasn't good news.

As soon as she felt confident he had gone, she got out from the under the table. Standing up on weak legs, she looked at Quasi. He looked devastated. And scared for that matter.
"Quasi?", she said gently. "Are you ok?". She knew he had Esmeralda on his mind, but Aimee knew the effect Frollo could have.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby AdAstrα » November 28th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Quasimodo didn't reply straight away, for he was staring at what had, until a few seconds ago, been the Esmeralda figure. He had made it that same night she had followed him to the belltower, right after he had helped her escape from the cathedral. It hadn't been an easy one to get right, mainly because he had wanted it to look as good as possible. Eventually it had turned out the way he wanted, although, of course, the beauty the real Esmeralda possessed could never be captured in something as simple as a piece of wood. And now, just like that...it had gone up in flames. What if a similar fate now awaited the woman that had shown him such kindness, the beautiful, innocent soul that he loved so? The thought was simply too much to bear, and overwhelmed with emotions, he sat down, gazing up at Aimee.

"No...I....this can't be happening." he said, shaking his head, "I...I don't know what to do. If Frollo really knows where she's hiding, nothing can stop him, nothing at all."
AdAstrα

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 3rd, 2012, 7:47 am

Aimee walked over to him, placing a gentle hand on his shoulder. She had known Quasi since she arrived, and to see him like this...well, it was almost heartbreaking. She gazed back down at him, giving him a smile, an attempt to lighten the mood.
"Quasi...we'll find her", she said. "We can find the Court of Miracles and warn her and the others, we have until morning". She hoped Quasi wouldn't back out of this, but Aimee herself was up for it. Roseriya made her home there, and she hadn't forgotten about her.

Aimee turned around to notice Phoebus was conscious again, and standing. She flashed him a grin before looking at Quasi again,
"And of course Phoebus will help. We can do it". Aimee prayed that Quasi wasn't too scared, she wouldn't be surprised. They had one thing in common though. They had nothing to lose but each other.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby AdAstrα » December 3rd, 2012, 11:17 pm

Quasimodo looked at Aimee again. She was right...if they could find their way to the Court of Miracles tonight, there would be enough time to warn Esmeralda and all the other gypsies hiding there, to get everyone to safety before Frollo arrived with his men...

But that was the problem, he soon realised, as Frollo's words echoed inside his head once more. If he arrived at the hiding place only to find it completely empty, it wouldn't take him two seconds to figure out who had probably warned everyone. Underestimating Frollo was the worst mistake one could possibly make, and because Quasimodo had now experienced this himself, he hesitated.

"I..I don't know." he therefore said with a deep sigh, "Frollo is my master...I can't disobey him again."
AdAstrα

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 10th, 2012, 8:24 am

Aimee winced at the words. She couldn't make him go with her, but Aimee was determined to make sure Roseriya was ok, that girl had given her kindness when no one else would. She caught Quasi's glance and she looked into his eyes. She could almost feel his emotions. Aimee would of preferred to have him with her but she understood. Frollo himself was enough to scare anyone out of doing anything

"Quasi...I can't make you come with us but...", she caught his glance again, "Esmeralda is your friend. I know you love her. She'd do the same for you". Aimee turned around to Phoebus and gave a small smile, "You're coming right?". If he was, it would be an opportunity to tell him something...give him an explanation of sorts.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby AdAstrα » December 16th, 2012, 1:48 am

Phoebus had perked up quite a bit by now, and smiled as he met Aimee's gaze. "Of course I am." he said enthusiastically, "Those gypsies will be in big trouble if we don't warn them. We have to try at least."

He then glanced at Quasimodo, who still seemed torn. He realised that, in a way, he'd prefer it if he decided not to come...spending time alone with Aimee was something he had dreamt of for days, and just thinking that he might now get the chance made his heart pound. Although the circumstances could've been better, it was an opportunity he didn't want to miss.

"You...do what you think is right." he said, "He's your master and no one is going to blame you for not wanting to disobey him once again. I mean, I think anyone would feel that way..."

But Quasimodo was suddenly looking determined. "I'm coming." he said, standing up, "I have to. Esmeralda wouldn't even be in this mess to begin with if it weren't for me, I can't sit here and do nothing."
AdAstrα

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » December 30th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Aimee was all too happy to gaze back, Phoebus really was an un-flawed man. Courage was on her list of personality traits he possessed now. She thought for a moment, all hope was lost with Quasimodo joining them. However, she caught a determined look in his eye after Phoebus had spoken. She did not know whether Phoebus' words made Quasi change his mind, but she doubted it was. Quasimodo had will power of his own.

She glanced back at Phoebus; he seemed slightly dis-heartened when Quasi had spoke. Aimee took his hand and smiled for a moment.
"You know the quickest way out Quasi", she said, still looking at Phoebus. She turned around when she spoke again a little gravely, "We need to get to the Court of Miracles before sun-rise...otherwise Frollo will get there first".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby AdAstrα » December 31st, 2012, 1:11 am

Quasimodo led Aimee and Phoebus out of the cathedral and once they were all outside, he showed them the woven band he had been given by Esmeralda.
"It's a map of the city!" he said, examining it closely, "Look, here's the cathedral...and that's the river...and the Court of Miracles is right there! Let's go!"

Phoebus was not convinced that this would work according to plan, but he had to admit that he had no other suggestions and therefore he followed without complaining. They walked in silence for a while, but with Quasimodo quite far ahead, he soon turned to Aimee. "So....how have you been?" he asked.
AdAstrα

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)