[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Assassins Creed: War of 1812 [Closed to Kopalover] — My Lion King Forum

Assassins Creed: War of 1812 [Closed to Kopalover]

Assassins Creed: War of 1812 [Closed to Kopalover]

Postby Baya » March 25th, 2013, 3:18 am

~June 25, 1812~

The ringing of bells could be heard all around the docks of Upper Canada as the rolling fog was pushed aside by massive ships. They brought cargo such as supplies, letters and more than frequently, new settlers. The extension of the British empire had seen many years of peace, despite the senseless warfare between the French and English settlers.

Upon one of the docking ships was a man dressed in traditional British attire. Robert Lucien was leaning against the crow's nest of the massive ship that had carried him from London, Great Britain to Upper Canada. Word had gotten out that the Templars have gotten a man into power in America, and that he was after something in Upper Canada. Oddly enough, there had been rumors floating around that the United States was going to war with Upper Canada over territory. There was something in Upper Canada that the Templars in New America needed, but Robert wasn't about to let them have it.

A bell was rung from the crows nest as one of the crew began to holler "Land ho! Land ho!"

Robert dropped his rather large bag of belongings and took a strand of his black hair from his fair face. His blue eyes fixed on the crow's nest as he began to climb it with great ease. Gripping onto anything he could, he quickly made his way onto the small deck of the crows nest and gazed out at the massive docks the ship was approaching. He'd heard that Quebec had more French settlers than anything else, but there was surely someone who spoke English. He needed to get to York to speak with a few known contacts regarding the Templars' presence in the New World.

The ship began to shake as it slowly began to ease itself into a dock space. The crew was scrambling to throw the ropes down to anchor the ship to the docks. After a few minutes, all the procedures were done and the captain stood at the front of the boat. "We have arrived at Lower Canada! Please gather your belongings, do not forget any articles of clothing and please thank this marvelous crew for their hard work! Good day!"

Robert quickly climbed down from the crow's nest and picked up the bag he had set down. "Hold on sir, Lower Canada? How do I get into Upper Canada?" Robert asked with a slight frown, realizing he might be in the wrong place. The captain turned from where he was standing and walked over to Robert.

"Plenty o' ways to get to Upper Canada boy. All you have to do is have the coin. I recommend going by horse back...the natives around these parts might also take you on the Lawrence River to get there. Either way, it ain't a long trip." the captain explained.

"Thank you." Robert said with a smile and a nod of his head. As the crew was line up, Robert bid each of them thank you and made his way down the plank onto the weathered docks. He took a deep breath of the sea air and looked at the prospering city before him.

He began to make his way through the town, his bag over his broad shoulders. He was sporting a pair of brown pants, black boots and a brown vest with a white long sleeve shirt under it. His cuffs were a bit weathered from the trip, but he took good care when washing his clothes on the trip. Robert could not understand much of the French that people around him were speaking as he made his way through the town, but he did recognize some English here and there. He figured the best place to get information was the tavern, which was easy to spot by the passed out patrons outside of it.

He made his way inside a tavern, slowly peeking around, in case there were any immediate dangers. Paranoia came with his line of work. He could hear singing, cheering and yelling, so clearly it was a good time. The odd part was that it was still day, and much of them should be working. He didn't care to point it out, because the last thing he wanted was attention in this new and unknown place. Robert made his way to the bar keep.

"Good day to you sir, I was wondering if you could perhaps provide me with some information?" Robert asked. The bar keep was a tubby old man whom was balding from the top down. His brown eyes met with Roberts as he stopped cleaning his glass and he snorted.

"Not for an English pig. Either buy something or get out." The man said in a heavy french accent. Robert could tell getting to Upper Canada was going to be both a relief and a chore. Robert sighed as he reached into his pocket to pull out some money.

"Well...have you any ale?"

"It's a bar you idiot. Of course we have ale." The man scoffed as he filled one of the dirtier glasses with ale and placed it on the table. Robert paid the coin directly to his hand and began to drink. He looked around at the bar, trying to at least find some English speakers that might not be as hostile as the bar keep. He spotted a young woman being harassed by some of the other patrons from where he stood, and judging by her look of frustration, it was not a two way pleasure.

"Oh come on little baby. How about getting a taste of some French culture, eh? I'm sure they do not know how to express love in Britain. I will show you hehehe." one of the courting men said, a french accent and slurring words following from what he said. Robert made his way over and placed a hand on one of the men gathered around the woman.

"I'm sorry good fellow, but she does not look amused with your advances. I advise that you step back and make your way back to your table." Robert said sternly. The three men gathered there began to laugh. The one who had made the lude comment pushed Robert's hand off before giving him a shove.

"Heh. I thought white knights were extinct eh? What did the Queen kiss your behind and bid you to come here to act like a hero? Eh? Hahaha!"

"Well, if by the Queen you mean your mother." Robert said with a shrug and a grin. This was now just for his personal amusement. The French man stopped laughing and began to curse at him in French. He threw a punch only to have his arm twisted. Robert then shot him a hit to the stomach, sending him to the floor. Some of the other french patrons stood, and growled.

They began to come at him, one after another. Some of them were sober, and some of them not so much. Robert parried much of their blows, taking only a few to the chest and stomach. After having dealt with them in a very swift manner he bowed his head to the horrified bar keep and looked to the woman. "Well then. That was an unfortunate outcome, now wasn't it? Now, they said you were British so I was wondering if you would know where I would get some sort of transportation to Upper Canada?" Robert asked her with a small smile.
Baya

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Pride Points: 12

Return to Role Play (OT)