[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Scars Mate » January 30th, 2015, 6:02 pm

Given that there was not enough room for both Rhinnëa and Rivera in one room when clothed in their decadent dresses, Rivera had kindly chosen- or rather had no option- to get dressed in the younger girl's room.

In her time away from humans, she had missed many things, the children being one. One thing she did not miss was the dresses.

She was used to it, of course; the corset was nothing to the one she'd had to wear when visiting higher families- it had almost suffocated her once. The one she was at the moment wasn't too tight. It inhibited her breathing, but she could just about get along.

The dress itself was a soft lilac colour, which livened the blue in Rivera's eye almost awkwardly, because her left golden eye look dull and out of place (which it was). The dress fit her tightly, clinging to her. It drew unwanted attention to her ample chest, much to Rivera's horror. The moment Nellas had seen her, she cackled so evilly Rivera was tempted to clip her around the ear, cheeks flaming a tomato red. The hoops were cumbersome, but at least it kept Rivera from stepping onto the hem of her dress. Manoeuvring was a pain, because she was now several feet wider than she had been. The seamstress must have been intent on using so much fabric they could have used it to decorate several house comfortably.

Rivera's necklace hung- or rather sat- on her chest, because the corset had done its job of amplifying everything. The necklace was nestled in her bosom, much to her dismay. She was seriously considering taking it off before Nellas shot her a furtive look, and that ended that train of thought.

Rivera could hear Rhinnëa struggling- her elf friend was unaccustomed, she assumed, to human attire, and disliked it. In all honesty, Rivera didn't like it much either.

'Nellas?' She called, after having traversed the rickety steps and gotten down to the wide living area of the house.

Nellas' head popped out from around the corner. 'Yeah?'

Rivera rolled her eyes. 'Braid my hair?' Nellas grinned, running up behind her.

She's already taller than me, Rivera though ruefully. Nellas didn't even have to strain to reach her hair easily, and the braid was done in less than two minutes. To make it more formal, Nellas twisted the hair around Rivera's head, making a crown shape.

'Thanks,' she mumbled, lightly mussing her sister's hair. It was at that moment Rhinnëa chose to appear, looking graceful in her green gown. 'Ready to go?' Rivera joked lightly.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » January 30th, 2015, 9:18 pm

Rhinnëa raised a brow satirically. "These ... things are evil," she sniffed and swept out the door, with a creative wobble and twist to manage through the door. "I'm going to stuck tonight," she moaned.

Zaq chuckled as he observed her, just reappearing from an uncomfortable conversation of trying to convince the girls and dragons their presence wasn't welcomed. It had not gone well.

His breathing, however, was not going well as he turned to face Rivera. Where oxygen had been before pluses desire...then anger. The woman:s chest was...was...well...inviting, for starters. But every single man was going to be ogling her inappropriately. And he was going to to want to estrange their heads from their bodies. Not precisely wise considering the shaky agreement they had with these people.

Uttering a growled grumble, he grabbed his provided cloak off of shoulders and draped in around her, covering her entire body in its folds. "There. Better. Shall we go?" He held his.arm out, somewhat appeased.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » January 30th, 2015, 10:02 pm

The corner of Rivera's lips quirked up as she took Zaq's arm.

'Ready as I'll ever be,' she sung, rolling her eyes. 'Be safe,' she muttered to Nellas and Eldárwen, pressing her lips to Nellas' forehead out of habit. Rivera had flat out refused to allow the younger girls coming, and of the dragons couldn't come, then neither would they. They would be perfectly safe; Lyrea and Gweir were settled outside (although rather disgruntled), ready to leap into action should some travesty befall the girls.

Rivera weaved her way through the house, nearly smashing a vase on her path, before escaping from the confines of their accommodation. She led the way, Zaq arm in her's, around the village up to a sizeable building with shoddy but elegant gold plated decor. 'Into the lion's den,' she mumbled, arm tightening around Zaq's.

'I'm going to have to take this cloak off,' she whispered into Zaq's ear, stretching up to reach him.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 31st, 2015, 9:01 pm

Zaq scowled, but removed the piece of clothing as they entered. "I'm not responsible for any damage I do here," he grumbled back as someone leered rudely. "I really liked that dress until everyone else started looking too."

Rhinnëa felt the awkward tension too, the result of overt stares and whispering as their group twisted through the crowd to pay the respects to the Duke. She was so uncomfortable, she didn't even feel like scoffing. This was a million times worse than that morning. At least she had Gweir and ... decent clothes.

She pressed as close into Eyulf's side as her hoops would allow, savoring the safe feeling of the hand that rested on her waist in reply then wrapped herself in the warm blanket of Eyulf's kind and wholly respectful conscious. She was playing a dangerous game indeed.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » January 31st, 2015, 10:13 pm

Rivera gritted her teeth as the majority of men she passed stared, ogling her like some rare wonder of the world. Damn them. Damn them all, she blazed. Surprisingly enough, she didn't feel uncomfortable with Zaq- but that was something to focus on some other time. She had a mission to fulfil.

Doing her best to ignore the gawping, Rivera cut through the large hall in the straightest line she could, but it was so full of women dressed in large garments and men with poofy jackets that traversing the seemingly short stretch of ground was nigh on impossible. When she finally reached the other side, where the Duke was chatting amiably with a woman Rivera assumed to be his wife, she let out a sigh if relief. She glanced back, spying Rhinnëa having trouble getting through the crowd, Eyulf by her side. Zaq was by her's, so she felt safe enough, but felt it was prudent to wait for Rhinnëa before making any agreements.

'I am glad you could come,' the Duke said, smiling widely. Rivera simply nodded in return, the smell of poor quality alcohol invading her nose. She suppressed a retch.

This is not fun, she told Zaq.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » January 31st, 2015, 11:44 pm

Of course it isn't, he replied, darkly eyeing a noble that was a little too bold iin his appraisal of Rivera. Please tell me you didn't entertain any notions of it being so. He sighed as Rhinnëa finally pushed her way through the crowd, wondering how she could be a veritable lion when fighting or verbally sparring with him, but so timid around crowds.

Meaningless pleasantries were exchanged and then Zaq led Rivera straight to the punch stand, where he took a healthy swig and offered her one, which she wrinkled her fine nose at. He shrugged, "You'll want some later." With that promise, the side of his mouth kicked up and he tossed his head to where Eyulf was leading a crimson-faced and nervous-appearing Rhinnëa to the crowded floor. "Dance with me?"
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » February 1st, 2015, 12:33 pm

Rivera gave Zaq a small smile. 'Okay,' she responded, grabbing his arm and leading him to the centre of the dance floor. The melody playing was not particularly fine, but it was decent enough to dance to. The melody was soft and easy to get into, and Rivera found herself almost enjoying it; whether that was to do with Zaq's arms around her or the actual dancing, she wasn't unable to determine.

'My father used to dance with me all the time,' Rivera announced, for not particular reason. 'I used to stand on his feet. So did Nellas, but I was bigger, so...' She trailed off, lost in her small reverie.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » February 5th, 2015, 12:30 am

Zaq smiled softly at her. "Well, I can't guarantee I will move so well if you stand on my feet, but if you want to try...?" He let the question dangle playfully as he lifted a thick gold brow. His hands tried to press her closer, but her hoops kept her a rather large distance away. He scowled darkly. "I really do hate this dress."

*£*

Rhinnëa glowered at Eyulf as he all but caged her in his arms and led her to the not wholly ungraceful dance steps to rather poor, undisciplined chords of a band that couldn't count well. Of course, it wouldn't have been so irritating if Eyulf hadn't stared at her with such a strange, smoldering look ... the sort that made Rhinnëa feel as if she were some unconquerable puzzle. Drat Eyulf, she silently complained, glancing over her shoulders.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » February 5th, 2015, 6:24 pm

Rivera laughed, a sound that bubbled up and out of her throat unexpectedly.

'As do I. Although, what it lacks in practicality, it makes up for in beauty.' She winked, laughing again at his irritated expression. 'I don't really like,' she conceded as they whirled around the dance floor. From the corner of her eye, she could spy Rhinnëa and Eyulf dancing. Rhinnëa doesn't look too upset, she thought. Actually, she could be enjoying herself.

Having fun? Rivera asked Rhinnëa softly, so as not to startle her.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » February 6th, 2015, 2:33 am

Rhinnëa cut her eyes at Rivera. Eyulf keeps looking at me as if I were some untouchable castle which he wishes to pull down to the foundations, she made an unsatisfied face. Which, though irritating, is a very attractive expression, if taken out of context. She winked playfully at Rivera, then followed Eyulf as he turned her away from them.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)