[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Dark Huntress » May 21st, 2013, 9:51 pm

OOC: Sorry about the long wait >.<

Rhinnëa gave Nellas an ambiguous look then turned away, the sight of the dead rabbit angering her, though she knew the had been what was best for the rabbit. She sighed and starting rubbing on a few scuffs on Gweir's saddle.

"No, thank-you," Eyulf replied replied, giving the two a slight bow. What a showoff, Rhinnëa thought, scrubbing harder. Gweir chuckled.

You are determined to hate him aren't you? he asked.

Well...she answered. Maybe a little. Gweir laughed again and Rhinnëa smile wryly. "We should probably be moving soon," she spoke up. "The Ra'zac seem to like this area and I prefer not to get stabbed again."

Not pleasant, eh? she asked Rivera.

Eyulf shrugged and slung his bag across a shoulder. "I guess I'll be on my way then," he said, starting to walk off.

"Wait, wait, wait," Rhinnëa muttered. Eyulf turned expectantly. "You live in Algaesia and it's my job to protect you and I can't do that with you traipsing the gods know where. If it was up to me, I would leave you and not care if the Ra'zac gut you and eat your bone marrow, it's not in my nature to care, but Gweir and destiny chose me and you aren't going anywhere."

Eyulf gave a brow-raised expression and held his hands. "Wow! What a speech! Guess I'll just sit and wait until the elfling is done." He sarcastically dropped his stuff then himself onto the ground.

Just, don't say it, Rhinnëa told Rivera. Because I know you are thinking it! She sighed. Humans and jumping to conclusions!
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Postby Scars Mate » May 22nd, 2013, 5:42 pm

The corners of Rivera's mouth turned up. She glanced at Eyulf wistfully.

How nice it must be... To not have your life mapped out for you, to be so oblivious to the terrors of the world... She sighed. Rhinnëa nodded in agreement.

'Technically,' Nellas said, looking to Eyulf 'I'm not ACTUALLY and elfling. I'm half human.'
This raised a shocked look from both Eyulf ad Rhinnëa.

I guess Gweir didn't show Rhinnëa what you told him, Rivera said thoughtfully.

'Yes, our Father was a human. Hence the not-completely-elf look.'

You couldn't resist, could you? Rivera scolded, but she was grinning from ear to ear.
She lit a fire, grabbed the rabbit and held it over the flame. It didn't hurt her, but she definitely couldn't say the same for the rabbit. She roasted the outside, and then stuffed it with some of the herbs Nellas had found.

'You can have some of those,' Rivera said, jerking her shin to the pack of neatly arranged food. There was mushrooms, leaves, flowers, herbs and some bark. To demonstrate her point, she grabbed a mushroom and some flowers, and held them over the flame with her free hand. It was round about that point the rabbit was done, so she handed it to Nellas and ate her own breakfast.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » May 22nd, 2013, 6:58 pm

"I knew," Rhinnëa said slowly. "I just didn't think she would disclose that information so bluntly." How rash, she thought, feeling proud of her delicate slanted elven features. She sighed a little and hesitantly reached out to take a few of the things Tivera and Nellas had gathered.

There's no need to be so hesiatant-she offered it. You are not stealing, Gweir said, reading her thoughts. She shrugged in response and cooked the food in her hands with a spell before reclining against Gweir to feast on it.

"My mistake," Eyulf said quietly before drawing a large hunting knife and a whetstone. Rhinnëa gave him an annoyed look as the harsh sound irritated her ears. She was a little smug as she laid a hand on Ignasia, which never needed to be sharpened or mended. Ah, magic! she thought, smirking a little.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 22nd, 2013, 7:30 pm

Rivera looked longingly at Eyulf running his blade along the stone.

'I remember doing that,' she said quietly. 'With my Father. He taught me how to fight, my mother taught me magic and-' she stopped, and her eyes fell to the floor. The intense longing to be wrapped in her mother's protective arms overwhelmed her, and she felt tears in her eyes.

'I-I-I'm sorry,' she stuttered, embarrassed. 'I don't mean to cry. It just...' She looked to her sister for help, who had fallen silent at the mention of her mother. Lyrea gently wrapped her tail around Nellas, and guided her over to her side, ever so gently rocking her as tears rolled down her pale cheeks.

Rivera turned to Rhinnëa and Eyulf, knowing she owed them an explanation.

'Our mother... Was murdered in front of us 5 years ago. Nellas was 8. The king thought it would more effective to have her tortured in front of us, to make her crack.' She paused, looking at them both. 'It doesn't effect me as it did, but Nellas is the same as ever.' She looked sadly over to her.

'Sometimes...' She continued, 'it's easy to forget, being here. But that's why we're hunting the king. Why I am.' She sighed. She shook her head to rid herself of the groggy feeling.

'Only elves could tell we were half-human,' Rivera said, going back to the previous conversation, as Nellas had just joined them, completely fine again .

'Humans find it difficult to see the difference, as we found out on our travels. I can't tell you how many times we got stopped because people thought we were elves!' Nellas said, chuckling.

Did Gweir mention anything to you about his conversation with Lyrea? Asked Rivera to Rhinnëa.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 23rd, 2013, 3:16 am

No, she answered haltingly. But he showed all they'd said. He didn't want to talk about it. She sighed, knowing she really ought to say something.

I-I'm-we are sorry for your loss. Our village was burned an razed in front of us as well. The Ra'zac slaughtered everyone and burning everything. They even killed the trees and the woodland animals, they made our village a wasteland. She took a shaky breath, a little ashamed she'd displayed this much emotion. We know what it's like to have the people to love and know lined up and slaughtered one-by-one, because of you. She turned away and sealed her conscience, leaning against Gweir's belly and holding the years that wanted to stream down her chiseled face.

"Hey," Eyulf gently touched her on the shoulder, his gentle act of comfort accompanied by his low voice,"hey, it's okay." Rhinnëa pushed him away.

You wouldn't even know! she hissed vehemently.

Yes. I would, he protested, wrapping his conscience around hers in a warm mental embrace. Rhinnëa attempted to distance herself from him, his human mind and comfortings rather frightening her.

He doesn't want to hurt you, Gweir said softly. He wants nothing less.

Rhinnëa relented, though mentally noting she would have to have a talk with Gweir soon about Eyulf. "Thank-you," she said quietly, wiping the line tear that streaked down her pale flawless, glowing cheek.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 23rd, 2013, 6:57 am

Even though Rhinnëa was blocking her mind, Rivera gently slipped under.

There's nothing wrong with showing some emotion SOMEtimes. She murmured, and then gently touched her conscience. She seemed so like their mother, in the mind.

Eyulf shot Rivera a strange glance. She paid him no attention, and stepped forward to carefully place her elegant hand on Rhinnëa's small shoulder. Nellas had the same shape as her- Rivera was always the more human-like one in appearance.

Slowly, Eyulf backed off, and turned to Nellas, who had been watching the incident.

Rivera took a step forward. Rhinnëa still couldn't look at her, but she paid no mention. Instead, Rivera decided to change her attention to something else, and let Rhinnëa calm down.

She went to one of the bags on Lyrea's saddle, and drew out a small pad of canvas paper and a charcoal stick, and began to draw Gweir. Her hands moved expertly across the paper, capturing as much as she could about him, with the exception of his colour. She even drew Rhinnëa, pressed into his side. Eyulf came over to her.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 23rd, 2013, 4:47 pm

"You shouldn't have pushed me away," Eyulf growled at the hybrid. "She was calming down." He couldn't help but feel annoyed as he moved towards Gweir and sat on his foreleg, a move that surprised Rhinnëa as she'd not known Eyulf and Gweir had even spoken much.

Why? Rhinnëa asked silently.

Because when you see someone when they're about to die without your help and they recover, you feel a little protective.

Rhinnëa flicked him an annoyed look. I thought you said you helped me because Gweir made you. She gave him an expectant look. Eyulf shrugged.

He told me to tell you that so you wouldn't kill me, he replied casually.

Rhinnëa let out a choked laugh and glanced towards Rivera. Thank-you. I'm sorry for...that. I will attempt to make sure it won't happen again. She paused. And elves are more pressed to smother their emotions than humans.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 23rd, 2013, 5:15 pm

You're right there, Rivera agreed. She didn't care about what Eyulf thought, but she noticed how much venom he had thought the word 'hybrid' with.

'Oh,' she said, turning to him. 'There's no need for rudeness, and there's nothing wrong with being a hybrid. So if you're wise, I wouldn't keep at it.' To demonstrate her point, Lyrea let out a growl. The atmosphere and hostility was so thick you could have cut it with a knife.

All of a sudden, Nellas' head whipped around, and she subconsciously lowered herself into a crouch.

'What is it?' Rivera whispered, but she already knew. She started instantly to pack all of their things, and put them on Lyrea. Nellas didn't move, just stayed fixed on one point in the distance. Rivera stomped out the fire, and both of the dragons were on full alert, although only one knew the problem.

'What's going on?' Rhinnëa asked.

'Can't you feel it?' Nellas hissed through clenched teeth.

'No,' Eyulf said, answering for her.

Rivera looked at them, shocked.

'You're kidding, right?'

They both shook their heads. Rivera dropped her roll.

'It's magic.Dark magic,' Nellas whispered.

Rivera glanced at the forest, and then shook her head.

All of a sudden, she froze.

'It's close!' She gasped, stumbling on her bad leg.

'What is?' Eyulf was annoyed now. He was before, but he was even worse now.

Rivera swallowed, and gently lifted Nellas up by the forearms.

The Shade! She whispered.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 24th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Rhinnëa felt a vast, dark conscience brush hers and stiffened. Her ears flicked as leaves and branches crackled. Without hesitation, she turned and grabbed Eyulf's muscled arm, dragging him backwards. "Get up," she commanded, drawing Ignasia and flicking her wrist to loosen it.

"But-"

She gave Eyulf a narrowed-eyed emerald glare. "Get up," she hissed. "If you want to help, get my bow." She sighed, realizing he probably couldn't draw it, but she couldn't help that-his bow was on the ground with his pack. Her head snapped up, pale bangs falling into her eyes, as the Shade emerged from the trees.

Her slanted, pine green eyes met the Shade's crimson ones. "Rivera, get Nellas, keep her out of the way," she said through clenched teeth. "Eyulf, don't hit anywhere vital except the heart because he'll be back." When am I going to get a break?! The King could at least keep up with his land, she grumbled to herself as she raised Ignasia a little to find a more suitable position.

She leapt out the Shade, bringing her sharp, silvery blade down on his head as fast as possible. The Shade's weapon was a metallic blur as he blocked. Her brow furrowed as she struggled against him, pressing with her willowy body. A surge of energy from her, with she knew Gweir had given her, sent the Shade struggling backwards.

The Shade was about to swing his blade when he was knocked back by a missile slamming into his shoulder. Rhinnëa turned to see Eyulf with her polished bow. Holy..., she thought. She glared at Gweir. You have much to tell me!

Before she could chastise her dragon, the sound of whistling metal made her duck and rolled to the side. The Shade glared at her and she responded by giving him a feral snarl and uttering a growl. She felt amusement as discomfort emanating from Eyulf. Poor, puny human! she chuckled silently.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 24th, 2013, 6:54 pm

Rivera whipped around to Nellas.

'On Lyrea. Now.' She half snarled.

'But-' she protested.

'No buts. You'll be safer there, and Lyrea can still attack. Please, for me?' She added softly. Her sister gave her a determined look.

'Fine. But you can hardly fight with your leg!' She yelped, just remembering. Rivera grimaced.

'I've fought with much worse,' she said, her voice hollow. Then she was brought back to her senses.

'On Lyrea. Now.' She whirls around to see Rhinnëa snarling at the Shade. It's red eyes fell onto her.

'Ahh...' It whispered an evil smile upon its face. 'The king wants you especially. Apparently, you look just like your mother...' Rivera threw a dagger from her belt. It hissed, and yanked it out of its arm.

'You shouldn't of done that!' It cooed, and disappeared.

'It's not gone,' Rivera gasped, her senses alert.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)