[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH) — My Lion King Forum

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Dark Huntress » May 11th, 2013, 9:09 pm

Plot: It has been a little past five-hundred years since the death of Galbatorix. There has been over ten human rulers since Nasuada and the son of Arya-Dröttning now grace the elven throne. The Riders have been smothered by the ruler of the Empire, a dangerous, devious magician, and nearly destroyed by each-other as well as the King. Now, very few Riders remain and next to none of those are willing to sacrifice themselves for Algaesia. These few are now old enough to chance themselves against the evil King...

Characters:
Scarsmate:
Rivera (elf)
Lyrea (dragon)
Nellas (elf)
Eldárwen (human)

Dark Huntress:
Rhinnëa (elf)[Rih-NAY-uh]
Gweir (dragon)[Gwayr]
Eyulf (werewolf)[Ay-ULF]
Zaq (human) [Zak]

The Riders' Rebellion
OOC: Sorry about the spoiler-it's just soooo darn long >.<

Spoiler: show

Two black shapes, one large, muscular, and griffin-like, the other hooded. Falling. Jarring landing. Staggering blows parried and made. Sharp pain from a leg. Head snapping to the side. Falling again. Unbearable pain lancing up an arm. Blade meeting flesh with a snick. Falling towards the dusty ground. Blood. Darkness.

Rhinnëa bolted up, instantly regretting her movement, however, as razor-sharp pain shot through her right arm. She gave her surroundings a confused look, then glanced down at her arm. She was in the desert, in a small, dry cave, a warm fire flickering a few feet off. Her arm was held in place by four thin sticks bound up by strips of fabric. Another quick glimpse afforded her the information that her silver iridescent sword, Ignasia, was resting a little ways off, and there was a tall, dark figure crouched by the fire.

She looked at Ignasia then towards the figure, who was starting to stand. As he rose she flung herself up and towards her weapon, drawing it faster than the bare eye could follow.

"Stop," she growled at him, pointing the sharp tip of the silvery blade at the figure, whom she now saw was only a boy, maybe a man of a year or two to the humans, with black hair that hung nearly to his shoulders. She shook herself as her limbs trembled and pain racked her slender body.

Instead of wearing an angry or even frightened look, the boy looked more concerned. As her legs seemed to give out underneath her he rushed forward and grabbed her arm gently but firmly. He gave her a determined look as she glared at him and struggled to recover her footing.

"Let me go!" she exclaimed loudly when he pulled her arm around his thick neck and put his hand on her waist as he pulled her back to where she'd awoken moments ago,"Stop it." She swatted his hands as he tried to force her to sit down.

"What are you doing?!"

"Trying to avoid death." He shrugged,"You're dragon told me to help you-I fear him more than you!" Rhinnëa's breath caught a little. "Where is Gwe-where is he?" she asked,"is he okay."

The boy gave her a look as if she were crazy. "Yes, but you aren't," he said simply.

She looked down at her splinted arm and, as she had just discovered, bandaged leg. She ran her bruised and bloodied fingertips over the rough fabric around her leg,"Hamstring?"

He nodded. She swore under her breath: that would give her trouble. "A pox on all Ra'zac," she muttered, running her thin, elegant hands over her rather long, angular face. She cracked a slanted emerald eye to look at him. "Thank-you."

He put his hands up. "Hey, I just didn't want to be eaten." She laughed softly. "Would he," he stopped,"would he have eaten me?" Rhinnëa shrugged.

"You never know with Gweir," she said chewing on the inside of her cheek. The topic exhausted, they fell silent for a few moments.

"So...you're a Rider?"

"Yes."

"What were you doing way out here?"

"Hunting."

He shook his head at her. "You don't seem to eager to talk." She gave him a condescending look.

"Too many words are idle, few are useful."

"Don't go all elvish on me, please."

Are you awake yet, Fair One?" a deep voice boomed through Rhinnëa's mind before she could answer the boy. Yes, she answered. Who is he? The boy.

One I find has as many secrets as we. With that enigmatic statement, Gweir severed the connection. Rhinnëa shook herself.

"Was that the dragon?" the boy asked, watching her. She nodded then winced and squeezed her wide eyes shut as her body ached uncontrollably. When she opened her green orbs, the boy was wearing a concerned, apologetic face,"I'm sorry I can't do more."

Rhinnëa shrugged slightly. "The gift of gods is not for men," she gave him a sly smile before standing haltingly. With a soft, clear voice that sounded like the pure note of a perfect bell she sang quietly a spell of healing and shivered as her flesh crawled and itched where it had been injured.

She unfastened the bandages around her leg and ran her hand over the tendon and perfect pale skin she'd just repaired. She marked that her lips no longer seemed puffy and swollen and her entire body didn't seem sore. She untied the splint around her arm then looked up at the boy who was staring at her.

"Must you stare?" she asked, his brown-eyed gaze starting to disconcert her. "It's just a little magic." He shook himself. "I'm sorry-you have a very beautiful voice."

Rhinnëa nodded slowly, watching him the whole while. She rose and strapped her sword to her slender waist. "Thank-you-," she stopped, realizing she didn't even know who he was,"what is your name?"

"Eyulf Sofeofnone."

"Rhinnëa, the Rider of the River," Rhinnëa inclined her high-cheekboned head. "Thank-you, Eyulf."

Many thanks from me as well, two-legs-round-ears, Eyulf-Rhinnëa's-friend.

A wry smile touched Rhinnëa's full lips as Gweir sent his thoughts reverberating through the humanoid's minds. "Farewell," she said and strode towards the entrance of the cave.
Last edited by Dark Huntress on June 22nd, 2013, 10:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

...Shall put on Immortality....

Nickname(s): TJ, DH, et cetera
Pride Points: 22

Re: The Riders' Rebellion (Scarsmate and DH)

Postby Scars Mate » May 12th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Rivera was awoken by a sharp rap on the back of her head.

'Ow!' She yelped, turning around on the saddle to see who it was.

'For a rider, your a serious wuss', came the reply, from her sister, Nellas.

'Beggars can't be choosers', she muttered. She looked at her sisters face, concerned about how she was fairing on their journey. She hadn't expected her to come, but when she opened one for the two bags she brought, and her sister popped out, they were already to far too return to Ellesmera. Not that they wouldn't be welcomed back. Half human children were treasured even more than full elf children, due to their 'alien' actions (in other words, constant open rebellions). After Lyrea's egg arrived, though, everything changed. It seemed to whisper to Rivera, so she was on perfect behaviour to ensure she could touch it.

When she did, all chaos broke loose. No one expected the foot-and-a-half black egg to hatch, so when it did, no one was prepared. So, after people doting on Lyrea, praising her, even feeding her, they decided to leave- especially after the accident. As much as Lyrea and Rivera pretended to love it there, they weren't allowed out far enough to appease their curiosity. This all, once again, stemmed from being half human. So they left in the middle of the night, flew for 3 days, found Nellas, and continued their journey.

'How are you?' Rivera asked, as always concerned for her sisters welfare.

'Fine!' Nellas replied, getting bored of always being asked this. She did come of her own accord, of course, but her sister refused to acknowledge this.

If anyone saw this, they would assume you cared nothing for your dragon! Sniffed Lyrea.

Oh, don't be such a snob! Rivera replied, but gently leant forward and rubbed beneath her jaw.

Lyrea emitted a huge rumble, a way of showing their scrap was over.

'So-' Rivera was cut short, as suddenly they heard a familiar screech. Rivera's face dropped.

Not again! They kept running into them. Ra'zac. There were at least 20 across the country, and sometimes it felt like they had ran into everyone.

You ready? Came Lyrea's steady voice, to both of them.

Yes, they replied, as Rivera drew Adurna, and Nellas grabbed her bow.
Last edited by Scars Mate on April 11th, 2014, 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby Dark Huntress » May 14th, 2013, 2:27 am

I'm so sorry-thought this posted yesterday >.<

Spoiler: show
Rhinnëa froze as a high screech echoed across the desert valley. She cast a look back at Eyulf, who, to her surprise, now had a sword strapped to his belt and was stringing his bow. She dropped to the ground quickly as a large shimmering dragon, Gweir, a lot heavily upon the dusty, cracked ground. With one graceful bound, Rhinnëa seated herself in her leather saddle and strapped her long well-built legs in. She removed her oiled elvish bow from a saddle-pack and laid it across her lap.

She cast an ambiguous glance at Eyulf, deciding whether or not she wanted him to come with her. He was an inhabitant of Algaesia, the very land shed sworn to protect with her yäwe and being a Rider, but, the negative side was he was an inhabitant, he might not even know how to use that bow or sword. Another look at his broad limbs and the way he strong his bow with quick precision, nowhere near her own, but nonetheless notable, quickly decided her mind for her.

"Is there anything of use in your camp?" she asked then gestured towards the grotto. He shook his head. "Not much," he held up a small bag,"just some meat." Rhinnëa cast a nervous look over her shoulder as another shriek sounded. "Come," she caught the handed as he tossed it at her wordlessly and tucked it into the nearest saddlebag.

She flinched as Gweir snorted and pawed the ground impatiently. Hurry, he growled. "I know, I know!" she answered as she took Eyulf's and pulled him up. He gave her a surprised look as he seated himself behind her. "What?" she asked, tied astral around his waist to get him put.

"You're just stronger than I thought."

Rhinnëa snorted and mentally asked Gweir to take off. "Elf!" she said in a 'duh!' tone. He clutched her around her narrow waist, obviously perturbed, as Gweir leap into the air and spiraled upwards. "Is it always this sickening?!" he yelled over the wind. Rhinnëa shook her head and called back,"No, he just needs height!" Eyulf nodded.

It's easier to talk this way, she said, gently brushing his conscience,just think what you want to say. She wasn't concerned about this boy attempting to take over her mind. She could kill him easily-without Gweir. She was strong, stronger than many of the older elves, in her youth. She was also stronger than human-elf hybrids, having a more controlled demeanor. The humans' children and adolescents were almost weak, in many ways weaker than the adults, and there lied their weakness. Of course, their independence was their strength as well.

Rhinnëa swung her starlit hair, lashing Eyulf's handsome face, to see two more black shapes. The shapes resembled the ones in her dream, which was, she now fully comprehended, an encounter from before she met Eyulf. Many apologies, she said sheepishly. He shrugged. It's fine. Rhinnëa tilted with Gweir as he turned sharply towards the figures. Puzzlement encased Rhinnëa as she spotted another black shape. This one, however, was a sparkling black and had a more majestic build-like that of a dragon's, it was also nearly as large as Gweir, the riders, also, bore more semblance to elves. "Impossible," she whispered hoarsely, staring at the coal black dragon.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 14th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Most people thought killing was easy for Rivera. They were wrong. She may have been more forward about things, and had a slightly quick temper, but that didn't mean killing was ever easy for her. People took one look at her gold eye- the mark of evil, as many would say- and write her off as a monster.

The presence of Lyrea didn't help either.

But the truth was, both Rivera and Nellas hated killing anything that didn't need to be killed.

It haunted their nightmares, and only each other's presence could keep them away.

Monsters, like the Ra'zac, were a totally different story.

'Look!' Nellas yelled, pointing to another large shape, with a person -no, two people- standing next to it.

'More riders!' Rivera breathed.

Are they safe? came Lyrea's calming voice.

'Let me look!' Slowly, Rivera slid beneath their consciousness. They didn't see her coming. She saw a flash of images, in turn from the dragon, the rider (much of hers were joint with the dragons), and the human.

'They're called Gweir, Eyulf and Rhinnëa. They're 'on our side', I suppose. They won't hurt us.'
Among her many talents, including access to people's minds without them realising, was the fact magic barely drained her energy. It was probably the cross between species, as many other half-breeds experienced this.

You ready?

'I was born ready!' Yelled Rivera, and glanced back at her sister.

'Oh, don't mind me, I'm only 13!' She said in a cocky tone.

'You came along, not me!' Came Rivera's reply.

'Whatever' muttered Nellas.

Stop bickering! Lyrea scolded. Ready to kill some monsters, make some new allies, make more enemies? Lyrea asked, joking. But the nervousness and paranoia was already there. She would protect her rider and riders sister at all costs.

Ready. Came their joint reply.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 14th, 2013, 11:49 pm

Rhinnëa had not see it coming but somehow Gweir had. He'd everything he deemed to important and showed the other Rider and her companion what he felt they need to know. There were a few things about Eyulf he shielded even from Rhinnëa. She didn need to know. Not yet, anyway. They mean no harm, he informed Rhinnëa and Eyulf then pulled into a tigh spiral towards the Ra'zac and Lethrblaka.

Rhinnëa drew Ignasia and Eyulf managed to restring his bow and draw it, despite the dizzying manuveurs of Gweir. Fire now, Eyulf, Rhinnëa commanded him coolly.

I don't know I can-

Fire! This time Gweir ordered Eyulf who quickly aimed and loosed his arrow. It flew straight enough though his bow did not retain enough power to make the blow vital. However, a few milliseconds before it collided with the forbidding black shapes, Rhinnëa exclaimed "Brinsingr!". Eyulf gave her back an uncertain look as the arrow burst into flames, catching the Ra'zac's dark hood on fire, green and silver flame dancing up and down the edges.

The Ra'zac shrieked at them and the Lethrblaka turned and barreled towards them. Gweir opened his maw and bath them in a torrent of flames before spinning to the side and dropping below the enemy. He nipped at it's belly and roared in pain as it pushed him away with a foot, it's claws raking across his glittering forehead.

"On pox on Ra'zac," Rhinnëa swore Asian.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 15th, 2013, 5:59 pm

As Rivera saw the other rider and dragon tackle the Ra'zac and Lethrblaka, she realised there were more. A second shriek made her feel like her stomach had dropped right out her body.

'We'll tackle those ones' Nellas said, pointing to the new arrivals.

Lyrea dived, and at just the right moment, Rivera leapt from her back. Her expertly trained eye zoned in on the Ra'zac. The monster it rode was busy fighting with Lyrea and Nellas. She trusted her sister to fight from her dragon's back, knowing she would be safer there than on the ground.

The Ra'zac slowly approached on foot.

'Ooh! Look what we have heeeeeeeere!' It leered. 'Another rider for the king!'

Rivera wasted no time, and lunged.

Miraculously, it dived out of her way, it's claws nicking her wrists. She swore. It was healthier than the previous ones she had fought. It was going to be difficult.

-----

Nellas was shooting arrows left right and centre at the beast. Lyrea had to constantly move to avoid its beak and talons, making it hard for her to get a clear shot. Then she had an idea.

She shot her last arrow, and quietly mutter a spell that made it follow the beast. Nellas was only a amateur magician, using Lyrea's power, so it sunk into its leg rather than a vital organ, but it wounded it enough for Lyrea to catch it in a stream of a fire about 50 feet long.

Thats the longest I've ever done! She said smugly.

-----

Rivera's sword swung about, trying to hit the Ra'zac, but failing. It kept out of her way, it's agility and speed rivalling even those of an elf.

'Not very good are you?' It hissed. That was it. She lunged, forgetting about shielding herself.

As luck would have it, she managed to twirl out of the way, keeping her organs safe, but its claws scraped down her left thigh. She didn't need to look to know it went down to the bone- the pain was excruciating.

She swung her sword up, and by a lucky hit, cut its beak right off. The howl was of some unearthly beast, like it was having its heart taken out. It was a thoroughly unpleasant sight- the flesh oozed and bled.

'How dare you!' It gurgled out. 'I'll kill you NOW!' It reared up, ready to strike- Rivera was on the ground, unable to stand.

With one last bit of energy, she thrust up her sword, and sliced the Ra'zac in two.

Nellas and Lyrea landed next to her.

Then there was silence.
Last edited by Scars Mate on April 11th, 2014, 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 16th, 2013, 4:25 am

Rhinnëa's blade collided with the Ra'zac's and her brow furrowed with the effort of holding his wicked blade away from herself and her companions. "Argh!" she loosed a clarion yell as she pushed him back. She laid back in her seat, forcing Eyulf down and avoiding the whistling blade that swung over her perfect face.

She sat up quickly and swung Ignasia quickly and carelessly at the Ra'zac. He caught it and spun it away, twisting Rhinnëa's for arm. "Ah," she groaned quietly and switched Ignasia to her left head. She barely blocked the overhand blow he brought down on her and her eyes widened as he thrust his blade towards, instead, Eyulf. Without a second thought, Rhinnëa shoved Eyulf off of the saddle. His bindings kept him from falling but the ragged edge of the Ra'zac's blade sliced into the edge of her side and protruding form behind.

She gasped and slumped forward, moving her arm to block the Ra'zac's lunge almost lethargically. Her head snapped to look at Eyulf as Gweir kicked the burly Ra'zac away and scrabbled to flip upside down so that Eyulf could string his bow and fired it at the twisted, hooded being. The Ra'zac howled as it buried itself in it's shoulders.

No! Go back! We can't let them leave! Rhinnëa protested as Gweir sped away from their enemies. Only a few seconds later the Ra'zac and Lethrblaka exploded in a blue and orange burst of fire and propelled Gweir forward, making his landing rough.

What was that?! Eyulf asked as he pulled Rhinnëa back onto the saddle.

A very complicated spell involving me converting the arrow and it's fast-air-movement into energy, thus fueling the explosion and spell. Unfortunately, I couldn't control it as my emotions cast it.

Rhinnëa made a faint sound as her fingers fumbled with the straps around her thigh which had becomes loosened in the landing. She staggered
off of the saddle and winced as she hit the ground. She made her way to Gweir's head which snaked towards her. She laid a palm on his forehead and muttered a spell of healing. The red, steaming flesh crawled and seamed together.

"Are you hurt?" she asked Eyulf. He shook his head in answer and she commenced to heal herself. She pulled herself back onto Gweir's back. "Let's see who they are."

Gweir trotted towards the attractive black dragon and boomed a greeting through their consciences. Elrun ono, fair-ones and she-of-the-black-scales.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 16th, 2013, 5:49 pm

Lyrea cast a worried glance towards Rivera, one that only another rider and dragon would understand. Her whole body was shaking. The wound had gone a greenish-blue colour, indicating poison was at use. Nellas was trying to calm her sister, but to no avail. Tears were running down her face, her pain in every single one of them.

We are honoured to meet another Dragon and Rider. Lyrea said. I'm afraid you will have to forgive Rivera for not addressing you personally. She is in quite a bit of pain. Although that is obvious. The last part was rough, full of her pain and anger.

'Why don't you heal it?' The elf asked. The question was directed at Nellas.

She shook her head in response.

'There's a poison in the wound. I don't know what to do about it.' She was close to tears

Let me, Lyrea said. She bent down her long neck, and gently touched the pulsing wound.

Rivera cried out. It felt like it was burning. When she returned her hazy gaze to the gash, it was a regular colour, although still agonising. She looked away immediately to avoid throwing up.

'I can heal it now.' Said Nellas, but Lyrea shook her great head.

She mustn't have more magic used on her. That is a side effect of the poison. If you heal it, she would go into a deep slumber, and possibly never wake up.

'Oh,' was her response. A determined look settled on her face. 'Then I'll just use magic to bind the bandages!' Almost instantaneously, clean cloth wrapped itself under Rivera's leggings, around the wound.

'How will I walk?' Rivera said through gritted teeth. He was glad her sister was helping, but it would be incredibly painful for her any way.

'Hold on!' She replied, and disappeared. There was quiet. It was Lyrea, Rivera, the elf, male dragon and human. An awkward silence set over them, during which both riders, simultaneously, reached out and stroked their dragons.

Nellas reappeared.

'Here you are' she said, handing Rivera a large walking stick, made of ebony, with a large gnarled handle.

'Thanks' she replied, and turned her attention to their company.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby Dark Huntress » May 16th, 2013, 11:59 pm

Both Rhinnëa and Gweir shared a meaningful glance as they noticed the dragon's doleful expression. Gweir lashed his tail impatiently, unknowingly holding his breath as the opaque dragon healed the concerning part of its partner's wound. You can breathe now, Rhinnëa mused. Gweir blinked at her, his bony eyelid snicking.

"Greetings, Shur'tugal," Rhinnëa twisted her hand over her thin chest. She nodded to the dragon. "I too was in too much pain to greet you, I was afraid I would cause your consciences too much pain." She beckoned to the black dragon's triangular head. "May I?" She asked the elven Rider.

She reached out and scratched its chin, feeling respect emanate from her towards the dragon. The elves admired dragons, they worshipped dragons, they loved dragons, even as much as a Rider loved his own. She smiled as she felt Gweir and the dragon engage in a mental conversation. Gweir had seen only one or two dragons, she'd only seen several, and wouldn't have had even that opportunity had she not been a worshipped child.

Gweir had her miracle. She'd been from a small river-side village and was the only child. When Gweir and his ferrier had taken refuge in the village, it being close to the border of Du Weldenvarden, Rhinnëa had been pressed to touch it. And Gweir had been hers, relieving his ferrier of much stress and suffering as her been able to return directly to Ellesmera.

She eventually removed her hand from the dragon's scaled snout and turned to the Rider, and, she presumed from the striking appearance, her sister. "I am Rhinnëa Shadeslayer, Bane of the Ra'zac, and he-"she beckoned towards Gweir,"is Gweir Silverscales, though I'm sure you gathered that already from your mental assault on us earlier." She said the last part icily, as she felt they rather endangered them with their actions.

"Eyulf Witchhunter."

Rhinnëa gave Eyulf a deceptively calm glance; he'd not used that title before. Let him, Fair One, Gweir rumble to her exclusively. Ther is much about him you do not know." His statement troubled Rhinnëa but had not he time to dwell on it.
Dark Huntress
...And this Mortal...

Postby Scars Mate » May 17th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Rivera heard the venom in the elf's voice.

'I'm sorry,' she said coolly 'but it was necessary, what with all the king's spies everywhere.'

The elf opened her mouth to respond, but Rivera carried on.

'You wouldn't believe how many spies he has. Anyway, your dragon showed us what he deemed necessary, so there is no harm done. As it is, it is our pleasure to meet you, fellow rider and dragon. And also to meet you,' she gestured to Eyulf 'fellow human. We are Lyrea night-scales,' she gestured to the mountainous black dragon by her side 'Nellas,' pointing to her sister 'healer-of-many, mixed of races, the dragonless rider,' Nellas chuckled, knowing it was because of her superb flying skills 'and I, Rivera, rider of Lyrea, mixed of races, and demonhunter.' There was silence after the last proclamation.

The human was the first to speak.

'Demonhunter...?'

Rivera smiled, but it was empty.

'Hunters of the Ra'zac. We are their sworn enemy, much like you.' She gestured to the elf, who was standing very close to her dragon.

'Why?' She asked.

'They killed our mother,' Nellas said, finding her voice.

'And therefore we are enemies of the king, because it's because of him she died.' As she glanced at the silver dragon, her golden eye was glowing.

'She refused to give him the location of Ellesmera. And so he fed her to those monsters.'

Silence followed. Rivera felt the familiar aching in her chest, that came up whenever she spoke about her mother. It hurt more than her leg.

What are you doing here? Asked the other dragon.

'Running away. Getting into fights. Trying to find some of those legend people who hate the king as much as we do. Trying not to let any elves make go home.' She said it all matter-of-factly, but it was all true.

What are you doing here? Asked Lyrea, her curiosity getting the better of her.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Next

Return to Role Play (OT)