[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83 — My Lion King Forum

Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83

Re: Divergent RP- Scars Mate and nalasimba83

Postby Scars Mate » May 7th, 2014, 4:49 pm

"Combat training," Drew began, eyeing each and every transfer initiate up, "is the first stage of training- and very physically demanding, if you hadn't gathered."

Sebastian smiled. This was relatively easy- he was strong, and tactical. He glanced at Bella, who had a calm demeanour. He noted the subtle muscles in her arms, and raised an eyebrow. Amity had heavy lifting to do. She wasn't unprepared.

They entered a large trading hall, with punch bags, silhouettes drawn on the walls, and a mats scattered over the floor.

"Pair up," Drew barked with a clap. Sebastian turned to Bella, grabbing a mat. The instructor waved his arm. "I want to see how you fight. Start. Now."

Sebastian took a deep breath before facing Bella. She looked strangely dangerous with her flaming hair, like he shouldn't even try fighting her.

"Ready?" He asked, a smirk on his face. She didn't answer, instead darted towards his left side. He dodged easily, knocking her hand away before sparring her unprotected stomach. Her hands flew down, smacking his and bringing them around her neck, pulling him into a painful stance where he couldn't move with out agony lancing up his shoulders.

"All right," he said gruffly. "You win." Bella let out a laugh, curtsying sarcastically.

"Fight!" Drew said as he caught them messing about. "No breaks."

Bella sighed, then brightened. "Want me to beat you again?"

"Shut up," Sebastian muttered, lurching forward and pulling her down. He trapped her beneath his weight, pinning her arms behind her. "I win."
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Nickname(s): Whatever :3
Pride Points: 44

Postby nalasimba83 » May 7th, 2014, 8:24 pm

Sarah turned towards Lyndsay, but Nel came in front of her. "It wouldn't be nice for two friends to be fighting, right?"he said sarcastically. Lyndsay turned towards another girl.

"It's not a date, its where you beat your opponent to a pulp,"Lyndsay said as she clipped her hair. She grinned. "So you better beat him to a pulp Sarah."

"Less talking, more fighting!"Drew said as he came towards their section.

"Alright then,"Nel said. Sarah smirked. She grabbed her fist and aimed for a simple blow towards Nel. Nel was surprisingly fast. He dodged it quickly and came behind her, ready to kick her. However, Sarah was equally fast. She turned around just in time to grab Nel and flipped him hard on the ground. "Not bad,"he said groaning."You're martial arts skills are almost on par with mine."

"Almost?"Sarah asked. She raised an eyebrow and placed a firm hand on her hip staring at him from below. "Who's the one eating dirt?" She smirked slightly.

"So you got beat up by the Stiff? She's a freaking girl! You should have been able to pummel her ass!"Drew shouted with disgust. Both of them ignored him and mentally joked about his weird scarred face. Sarah bent slightly and helped Nel up. "Thanks,"he said grinning as he shook dust from his pants.

"What a sexist idiot,"Sarah said as Drew left to check on other fights. "Well ours was done pretty fast."

"In a matter of seconds,"Nel said. Nel laughed and stretched his wrists. Sarah was shocked at how fast Nel was, his speed was incredible. Nel was impressed at Sarah's speed too, but they kept their thoughts and compliments to themselves. Nel knew that he didn't unleash his full ability towards Sarah, and Sarah knew that as well.

Lyndsay laughed so hard that she almost choked on her food. "So-So,"Lyndsay began. She was laughing hysterically. Sarah could feel stares going towards their table. "What you're trying to tell me is...that you got beat up by her,"she said pointing towards Sarah. "And then...Drew came and called you a worthless coward, right?" She started banging the table and drank a glass of water, laughing.

"Hey, I didn't go at her with a fighting intent. She's a girl,"Nel said shrugging. Sarah scoffed and turned towards him whipping her ponytail in Lyndsay's face. Lynsay wrinkled her nose and rubbed it feeling Sarah's hair.

"All you boys are so sexist!"Sarah said. "Maybe you've learned you're lesson about under-estimating us weakling 'girls,'"Sarah said. She shook her head. "So stereotypical,"she said tightening her rubberband on her long ponytail.

"It's not only that. You're Abnegation, I didn't expect you to be so-. So good at-well, fighting,"Nel said. He shrugged. "And yes, Ms.Triton, I've finally learned my lesson about under-estimating you."

"I see. So I'll just have to see how good you really are when initiation begins,"Sarah said. She shrugged and drank some water. "So, are we going to see you get a tattoo or no?"she asked.

"What a coincidence, I was just going to ask you that,"Nel said. "Are you coming Lyndsay?"he asked. "If you don't finish up soon, we'll end up ditching you." Lyndsay rolled her eyes with a twinge of jealousy, noticing how she was becoming a third wheel.

"Hold on, I'm coming."

Sarah walked through the tattoo parlor and saw Nel flip through pages of tattoo designs. "Ooh, this one would be good,"he said, pointing towards a tiger.

"You like tigers?"Sarah asked. She traced the image of the animal with her finger.

"No, I just think it looks good,"Nel said shrugging. He began flipping some more pages and stopped. "What do you think about this one?"he said pointing towards a hawk.

"Well, do you like hawks?"

'No. I find them very creepy,"Nel replied.

Sarah laughed. "A tattoo is supposed to....represent something. There's no point in getting a permanent mark on you're body which you don't like." She looked at the Candor design. "This one?"

"I thought the tattoo was supposed to represent something we like,"Nel said. "Now that I think about it...I really like monkeys."

"Monkeys?"Sarah said incredulously. Nel nodded. "You want a tattoo of a monkey on your body?"

"Hell no!,"Nel said. "See, this is why I liked the tiger. It looks cool,"he said grinning. Sarah rolled her eyes.

"Get the damn tattoo already,"Sarah said grinning back.

"Alright, so it'll be the tiger?"a guy asked Nel. Nel nodded. Then he looked at Sarah. "Is the beautiful lady getting a tattoo too?"he asked smirking.

"Umm...no. It'll just be him,"Sarah said. "But thanks." Sarah flipped through some more of the pages as if considering getting a tattoo next time.

Lyndsay popped up between them out of nowhere. "I'll be getting one!"she said. "I want umm....a Sun?,"she said uncertainly.

"A sun?"Nel said. "Just get a yellow highlighter and draw a circle,"Nel replied.

"I don't know what to get,"Lyndsay said. She began scratching the back of her head and looked around the room. "Nevermind the tattoo, I want a piercing." A girl led Lyndsay to a chair, and another guy led Sarah and Nel to a separate room.

"Where would you like the tiger?"the guy asked. He had several tattoos around his arm and could see one showing on the edge of his chest. The guy didn't look bad...but he didn't look very attractive either with several of those tattoos. This made Sarah careful on what type of tattoo and how many tattoos she was going to get during her stay in Dauntless.

"I'd say my arm. But its going to be freaking sore and I can't afford that since I still have training tomorrow,"Nel said thoughtfully.

"Do it on you're back,"Sarah said. "Tomorrow's stage is going to be shooting."

"Yeah. It's going to be on my back,"Nel said, grinning. He took his shirt off and tossed it to one side as he got into a chair and lied flat on his stomach.Sarah watched as a skillful tattoo artist began scraping Nel's back drawing the tiger carefully. "Sh**, this hurts,"he said grimacing. Sarah grinned and laughed. "Damn it. Damn it. Damn it,"he said. After he got up, there was a beautiful tiger on his back.

"There you go,"the guy said.

Sarah had always been a big fan of art. She looked at the detailed lines and the perfect posture of the tiger. She was never allowed to look at art or do any art during her stay in Abnegation. She couldn't help herself but smile. "So you like it?"Nel said.

"Love it,"Sarah said grinning.

Nel grinned and pulled his shirt back over his body. "You should get one too,"he said. "Let's see Lynday with her new piercings." Lyndsay came in with two piercings, one on her nose and one on her mouth. Both Nel and Sarah felt that she looked better without her piercings.

"You look great,"Sarah lied easily.

Lyndsay groaned,"You're such a good liar." Nel contained his laughter like a good friend and the two of them walked outside together. "Hey, where's Sarah? Did she decide to get a tattoo too?"she asked. Nel looked around.

"Yeah you're right, I didn't notice until now. But she didn't want a tattoo. Well, I'm pretty sure, she's gonna get one eventually."

SARAH

Sarah lagged behind looking carefully at all the pictures. Suddenly a shadow came up to her. "So you like art, huh?"A familiar voice said. Sarah immediately turned around to find Alice with a red apron tied to a Dauntless uniform.

"Alice?"Sarah said, widening her eyes. "What are you doing here? You're Candor."

"I work at the Dauntless Tattoo Parlor. You know...pick up a little cash here and there,"she said smiling. She laid down her apron and looked at her watch. "I have an hour off, so sit." She smiled again and patted a seat towards her. Sarah took it. "So how's Dauntless working out for you? I heard you're the first-jumper right?"

Sarah nodded. "Yeah. I like it here...like alot,"Sarah said truthfully.

"Sarah, don't do anymore things like that,"Alice whispered seriously. She pulled a curtain so nobody would see them.

"Like what?"Sarah said.

"Keep yourself blended with the crowd. Its dangerous."

"Oh...that,"Sarah said. She had almost forgot the fact that she was Divergent until now. That made her feel a little uneasy. She shifted from her seat and blew a wisp of hair from her head. "I don't think I'm that easily noticed."

"You'd be surprised. First Jumper. Stiff. Won first combat match,"Alice said.

"I didn't really win my match. My opponent just went really easy on me,"Sarah said. "But if you're telling me to blend with the crowd, if I don't keep up my current level, I wont make it to the top ten."

"I'm not saying anything like that. I'm not telling you to not continue your good work at Dauntless. I'm just saying, don't do anything out of the ordinary that will catch their eye." She wiped her hand on her dress and looked at the clock. "Damn it, my breaks almost over." She pulled the curtain back. "So you do really like art?"Alice said with a serious expression on her face.

"Yeah,"Sarah breathed out. "I Love it, in fact. It's always been something I've appreciated-" Sarah forgot all about the Divergent talk immediately.

"But you've never had a chance to do, right?"Alice said. "Well, one of our tattoo artists recently quit, and we have one position left. So, what do you say?"

Sarah raised her eyebrows,"You want me to-"

"I can get it for you,"Alice said. She shuffled her papers and placed it on a desk. "The position. Come on, it'll be fun."

"Oh my god. That would be...amazing...."Sarah replied.

"Great,"Alice said grinning showing her straight pearly white teeth. "You start-hmm, lets see.... tomorrow. After your training of course."Alice looked back. "Sorry Sarah, gotta get back to work." She tied her apron back and waved goodbye. She pointed towards the door. "It looks like your friends are looking for you."
"Hey Sarah!"Lyndsay said. "Where were you? We couldn't find you anywhere." She opened the door and the three of them went outside. "So what happened? Do you know that girl?"

"Who?"Sarah asked. Did they hear her conversation with Alice. She clenched her fists, hoping they didn't.

"The one who waved bye at you. Short black hair, pretty cute, tattoo artist?"Lyndsay said rolling her eyes.

"Oh her?"Sarah said. "Actually, its the first time we met,"Sarah said gulping down, yet another lie towards Lyndsay.

"Oh okay,"Lyndsay said shrugging.

"So what were you doing back there?"Nel asked casually. "You kinda...ditched us on the way out."

"Oh, sorry. Um, well...you could say I work here now,"Sarah said licking her lips and curving it into a smile. "Starting tomorrow..."

"As a tattoo artist?"Lyndsay asked. Sarah nodded. "Are you that good at art? The only thing I ever managed to draw was a girl. The one with the stick bones and the dot eyes,"Lyndsay said. She frowned in disappointment. Oh well! At least we get extra free tattoos!"Lyndsay said, swallowing up her jealousy. Why was she being like this anyway? Sarah was a good friend, great perhaps.

"That's freaking awesome!"Nel replied. "No wonder you were staring at all those tattoo pages back there. I could tell you liked 'em."

(I was hoping Sarah could tattoo Sebastian tomorrow :P )
nalasimba83
It's unbearable isn't it?

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

The pain of being alone?

Nickname(s): Sarah, NS83
Pride Points: 18

Postby Scars Mate » May 8th, 2014, 7:50 pm

(Yes I like that idea very much :D )

Sebastian stirred his dinner around the plate. The incessant fighting was, well, boring. He and Bella were pretty even, but even the competitiveness had worn off. And it was only just the end of the first day.

"Eat." Bella stared at him until he deliberately lifted a spoon of some type of much to his mouth. "You'll need it," she added as he chewed at a painstakingly slow pace.

"It's kind of..." He trailed off. He wasn't sure what to say.

"We have an hour spare, and then back to training. Let's get tattoos." She grinned over the table at him.

"You can get a tattoo. I am certainly not." He replied.

"We'll see," she said derisively. "I'll win you over by tomorrow."

"You're awfully cocky for an ex-Amity. Doesn't that, like, cause confrontation?" He asked her lightly, teasing.

"And aren't we in Dauntless? I thought it was our job to cause confrontation." She paused. "Are you any good at drawing?"

"I can draw diagrams and-" he began.

"No! Like creative stuff." Bella interrupted. Sebastian thought for a moment.

"Relatively."

"Great. You're going to design me a tattoo." He started to argue, but she held up a hand. "Nope. I like wolves and the colour green. I'm pretty sure they let you give them your own designs if you want."

I wouldn't mind drawing tattoos, Sebastian thought. But not the whole tattooing business.

"C'mon! Draw me one!" They had arrived at the tattoo parlour, where he noted Alice in the corner. She walked last, smiled at him, them left. Lunch? He wondered.

Bella placed a pad of paper and pen in front of him. "Draw."

His hand moved quickly and efficiently over the page, and when it was done, it was exactly what she'd wanted- a wolf, made up of different types of green.

----

"Ow. Ow ow ow."

"Be quiet," Sebastian sighed. Bella had been 'ow-zing' all the way back from getting a tattoo.

"You be quiet!" She snapped, rubbing her arm ruefully. "Ow."

"I'm going to bed."

"It's only seven!"

"Not to sleep. To read!" He said, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh," she said. "You're so Erudite."

"I wish I could say the same for you."

(Maybe Sebastian and Sarah can both work at the tattoo place? Sebatsian joins later on)
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 8th, 2014, 9:56 pm

(Sure, Sebastian can get some design ideas and Sarah can edit them and draw them!)
Sarah opened the glass door and a red apron suddenly got thrown towards her. She quickly caught it and looked above it to find Alice on the counter. "I was wondering what took you so long,"she said grinning. "So put that apron on my little protege,"she said. Sarah laughed and tied it behind her back. "Ooh, you look cute,"she said. She went around the corner and tossed her a badge.

"Where'd you get my photo taken?"she said putting the bade on her shirt.

"I might have snapped a couple when you weren't looking,"Alice said.

"Oh Alice,"Sarah said.

"Let's see. We got out first client for today,"Alice said. A boy swung open the glass door. Sebastian. "Hey Sebastian,"Alice said waving towards him. Sarah looked towards the side and gathered tattoo tools to put in her apron's pockets.

"You two know each other?"Sarah whispered quietly.

"Yes, we do."Alice said grinning. "So Sebastian. Here for a tattoo?"Alive asked. Sebastian nodded. "Follow me, then,"Alice said. Both Sarah and Sebastian walked into a room, not gazing towards each other. Alice studied them both, understanding the feud between their two factions. Alice cleared her throat. "Oops. I forgot. Today's my day off. He's all yours Sarah,"Alice said. She was a terrible liar.

"Hey wait ! Alice-"Sarah said. Oh god Alice. Sarah knew that Alice left both of them alone on purpose, but why? Was it to resolve each faction's conflicts? Sarah doubted it. She knew Alice had a purpose. She just had to play along with it. Neither of them talked. Sarah picked up a tattoo gun. "So what will it be?"Sarah asked. She was the first one to talk. She picked up a few tattoo books with unique designs and set them on a table. "You can see which one you like,"Sarah said. Sebastian took them and nodded. Sarah thought she saw his eyes flicker towards her side, but it must have been her imagination.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » May 9th, 2014, 7:47 pm

Sebastian slunk towards the table, idly flipping the pages of the book without anything truly catching his eye.

What was Alice up to? He thought, annoyed. I'm not so sure why a Candor would work at a DAUNTLESS shop.

"Do you have a pencil and paper I can use?" He asked, clearing his throat. Sarah nodded, pointing towards the desk. He grabbed them, staring at the blank page for a few seconds before letting his hand glide across the page. He used long strokes, short strokes, thick, thin, twisted, straight, and eventually finished with a strange pattern. It had a quote he had learnt once- 'Courage is the key' - in an arm band tattoo. It was fairly thin, and he wanted it on his left, and weakest, arm. There was an awkward silence.

"I'd like it on my left arm, please. We still have training later." He handed Sarah the design, sitting gingerly on the chair.

Why on earth am I trusting a 16 year old to give me a tattoo? He wondered to himself.

"Found you!" Came a yell as Bella strode through the shop with a smug smile on her face. "There is no way I'd let you get a tattoo without watching." She settled on a chair, crossing her ankles. "Hey." She said to Sarah, a grin on her face. "Sarah, right? First jumper!"
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 9th, 2014, 8:50 pm

"Yeah,"Sarah said giving a smile."And you're...Bella right?" Bella nodded and took a seat next to Sebastian, grinning. Sarah took a paper and shrugged. She took her tattoo gun and rolled up Sebastian's sleeve. She slowly started mimicking Sebastian's drawing, making a few tweaks here and there. Sebastian clutched the edge of the seat, probably not wanting to show any weakness towards and Abnegation, or to not satisfy Bella. She took the gun and put it back into her apron. "There,"she said. She held a nearby mirror towards Sebastian so he could see for himself, the quote"Courage is they key" in fancy cursive and symbols. Sarah also added more artistic effect than what the original. Sarah didn't know if Sebastian was okay with her editing, she thought it would have looked better. She cleared her throat after a moment. "So do you like it?"she asked him. It was the first real sentence she ever said towards Sebastian.

Bella grinned looking at his arm. Sarah twiddled with her fingers, waiting for his response. Why on Earth was she waiting to hear his reply?
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » May 9th, 2014, 10:04 pm

Sebastian raised an eyebrow.

"I'd have preferred if you had kept to the original design." He hooped off the stool. "I think I'll make sure to get an expert next time. I suppose I ought to say thank you." He stared at Sarah with unforgiving eyes. "Thanks."

He swept out of the room, Bella by his side.

"Why'd you have to be so mean?" She said angrily. "It-"

"Was unprofessional of her to change a design. I'm pretty much stuck with it for life, Bella. I don't mind the alterations too much, but what if I had? Where would we be?" She was silent, realising that his argument was valid against her own.

"Let's go to training." She muttered. "Knife throwing today!"

"Thank God I got it done on my unfavourable arm." Bella stifled a laugh.

"You're so- so- Erudite! Fancy words!" Sebastian sighed, a slight smile playing on his lips.

"Old habits die hard, I suppose."

They reached the training room where all initiates were standing opposite the chalked outlines of people. Sebastian dutifully took his place by Bella's side, grabbing three knives each. Drew waved his hand, obviously annoyed with them.

"Throw your knives!"
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 9th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Sarah rolled her eyes. What can you expect from an Euridite? Alice came back inside. Sarah packed the tools back into their original case. "Alice? I thought you had the day off,"Sarah said sarcastically.

"We all know I'm not a good liar,"Alice said.

"No kidding,"Sarah snorted. Sarah paused for a second as if thinking about something. "Euridites are so-picky,"Sarah said. She shook her head.

"I'm surprised you're not that angry,"Alice said, helping her pack up. "I mean, you should be, shouldn't you?"she said raising a thin eyebrow.

"No... I'm not that angry,"Sarah said. "But I'm still angry!"Sarah said. She let out a sigh. "Well...he was sort of right. I mean, I just changed his copy for no reason. I thought it looked better that way. I don't even know if I'm allowed to do that. She put a hand to her forehead and smoothened out her hair. Alice took Sebastian's drawing from Sarah's hand with her approval.

"Hmm,"Alice said cranking her head to the side. "I kind of like yours better." Alice shrugged, crumpled it, and threw it into the trash."After all, you and I share the same style."

Sarah smirked. "So why did you leave me alone in the room with him?"Sarah asked. "Mr.I-Know-It-All." Sarah turned her head towards Alice. "Hmm?" Alice just shrugged and smiled.

"Now's not the time for you to figure it out,"Alice plainly said.

"So you did have a reason,"Sarah said arching an eyebrow.

"I suppose so,"Alice said smirking.

Sarah laughed, then her eyes drifted towards the clock. "Dammit!"Sarah said. She hurriedly packed everything. "Can I borrow a rubberband?"

"Here,"Alice said tossing her a black one. Sarah tied her long white-blonde hair into a high ponytail. She took off the apron and adjusted her dauntless uniform.

"I'm late for training,"Sarah said. "Drew's gonna kill me."'

"Relax, I already sorted out your schedule. You have an extra five minutes,"Alice said throwing her back against a chair.

"How-?"

"You're with me,"Alice said. "And I'm awesome, that's the reason."

"It'll take a little less than five minutes to get there. Bye Alice!"Sarah said taking her back and pushing the glass door open.
"Just in the nick of time,"Lyndsay said tossing her a couple of knives, which she caught perfectly. "We were just planning a save-your-ass story,"Lyndsay said smiling.

"Thanks,"Sarah said, smirking. She avoided Sebastian, but his friend was somehow nice. She didn't know what Sebastian's problem with her was. She doubted it had to do with the tattoo.

"Hey Stiff!"Jackson said grinning.Sarah turned around. "Let's see you try and make a target. You might have gotten lucky last time, but hopeless fools like you who try to get into Dauntless can't even last for the first stage,"Jackson said. His sidekick grinned along with him. Sarah couldn't remember the girl's name so she decided to nickname her Goldifox with her frizzy gold hair and her jacked up teeth.

Sarah shook her head and sighed. She felt stares all around her. Oh god! Why couldn't she ever manage to stay under the radar like Alice told her to."Just ignore him,"Lyndsay said.

"I can't!"Sarah whispered to her friend. "Look around you." Even Drew, their instructor was staring. Sarah decided to get 8 daggers.

"Don't even-"Lyndsay said, noticing the trick Sarah was getting.

"It's worth a shot,"Sarah said smiling sneakily. She took 4 daggers in between each finger in both hands. She crossed her arms and remembered Jackson as the target. She smirked. She went back, spun around quickly, and hurled all the daggers straight at the target while she was in the air. She landed back on her feet and looked up slowly. Please. She grinned, all 8 daggers hit their targets. Lyndsay and Nel grinned. "Sorry Jackson for being such a helpless fool,"Sarah replied to Jackson.

His evil smiled slowly faded. Jackson gritted his teeth. "Like I said...Luck." Then, he picked up a dagger. Lyndsay grinned even wider when she saw all stares go to him. He gulped. A Candor like Lyndsay could read body motions. He was nervous and scared. He took one dagger, instead of 8 and threw the knives at the target. It missed disastrously. Instead of hitting a target, it hit Drew's bag, spilling out all his components. Lyndsay cupped her mouth, unable to contain her laughter. Jackson turned bright red.

"That guy....is totally dead,"Sarah said. She saw Drew come up towards him, angrily.

"You think this is funny?"he said holding Jackson by his collar.

"N-no sir,"Jackson replied, terrified. "I just missed accidentally!"

"Come on wimp, come with me!"Drew said.

"I almost feel sorry for him...."Sarah said. "I would never want to be in Jackson's place,"Sarah said with a low whistle.

"That's what everybody would think. Until of course, you get to know the guy,"Lyndsay said. "I mean look at everybody,"Lyndsay said. Everybody was grinning. "They all hate Jackson."

"He totally deserved it,"Nel said. He sighed dramatically and patted Sarah's shoulder. "Well done, my friend."Sarah couldn't help, but grin as well. Then he stopped before picking up a knife. "By the way, how did you throw 8 daggers at once and hit them all perfectly?"Nel asked. "Something like that takes incredible precision."

Sarah shrugged. "I have no idea,"she said. She thought about it for a couple of moments. "But it wasn't like I was throwing them recklessly. I kind of knew what I was doing."
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

Postby Scars Mate » May 10th, 2014, 11:36 am

Bella rolled her eyes. "Pretentious much?" She was trying to make Sebastian laugh, and she succeed.

"That was a- a eight million to one chance." He told her.

Bella groaned. "Always so mathsy! And yeah. That was practically impossible."

Sebastian sighed, looking at the target with a bored gaze. "You go first."

Bella furrowed her brow in concentration, before lifting her arm and flinging the knife to the target. It just missed the head. She glanced around quickly, but everyone else was absorbed in their own practise.

"Not bad," Sebastian muttered. "My turn." When he threw the knife, it landed square on the head. Bella glared at him. "Strength, velocity, distance-" he began.

"Yeah, yeah. I get it." She picked up another knife, this time hitting the arm. She grinned, turning towards Sebastian, who gave her a very patronising smile. "Be happy for me!" She pouted. "I don't have the brain power you do!" He chuckled, reaching out to ruffle her hair.

"Of course I am. What would I do if I got through Dauntless training and you didn't?" He grabbed two more knives, and after a moment of thought, tossed them both forwards at different angles. One hit the chest, the other the abdomen.

"Show off." Bella growled. Sebastian just laughed, shaking away hair from his eyes. Bella's face set determinedly as she pulled her hair up into a ponytail. She was very careful to hold her knives just how Sebastian had; loosely, but not so much that they would fall from her grip. Taking a deep breath, the knives flew from her hands to the target- both on the head. She squealed with delight. "I did it!" She cried, dancing about on the spot.

"Well done." Sebastian murmured, glancing towards Sarah. Perhaps he had been too hard on her, but he had been proud of his design and didn't appreciate people changing his work, especially when he was never usually allowed to do purely creative things in Erudite, and when he did they were always critiqued. Maybe I'll apologise, he thought. But she was being unprofessional. And what the hell do I say? 'I'm sorry I got angry, my tragic backstory which isn't so tragic and no one cares about resulted in me being grumpy and hating anyone touching my work?' Yeah, right.
Scars Mate
Live long and prosper

Postby nalasimba83 » May 10th, 2014, 11:08 pm

"Alright, watch this!"Lyndsay said. She picked up a dagger, went a couple feet back and spun around like Sarah did earlier. She hit just below the target, not even hitting the outer rim. Lyndsay smiled sheepishly. "Hey, its only my first shot,"Lyndsay said. She cleared her throat and went after Nel.

"Let's make this a little bit more fun,"Nel said tossing his knife and catching it with his other hand.

"Like a game?"Sarah said raising an eyebrow. "You're into that stuff?"

"It's more like a bet,"Nel said, grinning.

"Go on,"Lyndsay asked. Sarah put down her dagger and the two of them walked towards Nel, suddenly more interested.

"If I make this shot...." Nel smirked. "Sarah will have to go get a tattoo."

Lyndsay's smiled grew. "What about if you miss?"

Nel thought about it for a few moments. "If I miss...I'll have Sarah tattoo a picture of a monkey on my arm."

"Sounds good,"Lyndsay said. She turned towards Sarah. "You in?"

"Sorry guys, maybe next time,"Sarah replied to their dismay. She took a knife and made another target.

"C'mon! Why not?"Lyndsay asked.

"Do you not like tattoos?"Nel said. "It doesn't hurt that much, I mean you'll get use-"

"No it's not like that. I don't have a problem with getting a tattoo,"Sarah said. This caught Lyndsay's and Nel's attention. She bit her lower lip.

"Then what is it?" Lyndsay took another dagger and grunted when she missed. "Why are-"

"Tomorrow's Visiting Day, isn't it?"Sarah cut in. A moment of silence spread between the two of them.

"I almost forgot,"Nel whispered. Lyndsay nodded along with him.

"Alright! Training time's over. You have the rest of the day to do whatever you like. Don't break curphew or-"Drew began. A cruel smile spread throughout his face. Jackson suddenly came behind him, with embarrassment clearly showing. He gritted his teeth at Sarah and gave her a murderous look.
"You think our parents are going to visit us?"Nel asked. The three of them were standing in a balcony. Sarah rested her arms on the railing, looking at the view. It was perfect and pleasant, even though it was resting alongside the border of the Dauntless faction. Far ahead, she could see greenery and hills.

"I don't think so,"Lyndsay replied to his question. She sighed. "If they come,"she said with a voice that made it seem impossible,"They're going to hate my piercings, too." Then, she stretched her arms and yawned. "But what can we do about it? What's done is done. Right?" She looked over at Sarah. "Sarah?"

"Hmm?"Sarah replied, making it clear she was listening. She took off her ponytail and felt the breeze throughout her hair. This made her a little happy. She couldn't have this privilege at Abnegation.

"Do you think-"Lyndsay began.

"That my parents are going to visit me?"Sarah replied for her. She took off her elbows from the railings. "I hope not."

"Wha? What do you mean? How could-"Nel stared at her with a different expression.

"My parents hate me as it is,"Sarah said. "You should have seen the look on my dad's face when I chose Dauntless." Sarah laughed bitterly. "Just imagine him. Coming here to see me in my new dauntless uniform." She paused for a few moments. "Right...with my hair out. Then, he'll see me with my new friends and then."

"He'll know you're not the same girl,"Nel cut in for her. "....Right?" Sarah shrugged and began clipping petals from a nearby flower. She watched as they went falling down elegantly. Lyndsay began feeling like a third wheel again. Her parents told her that they were okay with whatever faction she chose as long as she was happy. She knew that wasn't true, but part of what they said was true.

Suddenly, Sarah began to smirk. "Let's go,"she said, taking a deep breath and then sighing.

"Where?"Lyndsay asked.

"You wanted to see me get a tattoo right?"

"But-"Nel began.

"I'm not the same girl they knew before,"Sarah replied, a little dangerously. Nel could see the Abnegation girl fade from her. "If they don't like it, it won't be my problem,"Sarah said. "I'm not Abnegation, I'm Dauntless. I'm a selfish girl. I can't live up to their expectations anymore."
"Alice,"Sarah said. Alice looked up, surprised.

"Sarah?" Alice shifted the close sign to open. "What's up? We're just about to close."

"I want a tattoo,"Sarah replied.

"Really? Just yesterday you said you wouldn't be getting one until the right time." Alice opened the door from the counter and picked up a few books on the way.

"I guess its the right time,"Sarah said grinning.

Alice couldn't help but smile. "Oh really?" Nel and Lyndsay looked at each other and shrugged. "Follow me then,"she said leading Sarah to a room. She gave a book and Sarah flipped through them uncertainly. Deep down inside, she had no clue what she wanted as a permanent mark on her body. Then she stopped. "You found it?"

Sarah nodded. "Yeah." Then she looked back at the page. "I think so." Alice took the page from her and then smirked.

"I see."

"Hello!"Lyndsay said waving an arm at both of them. "We are here you know."

"What is it?"Nel said. "What's your tattoo?"

Sarah didn't reply, but she couldn't help but grin. "Where is it going to be?"

Sarah thought about it. Her arm? Her back? "My neck,"she said.

"Ouch, that's gotta hurt,"Nel replied. He winced, thinking about the idea of getting the tattoo gun running through his neck. Lyndsay punched him. "Hey! Ow." He rubbed his arm and watched. "Whatever you do, do not scream,"Nel teased her.

"Well, I'm going to make you scream,"Lyndsay sticking out her balled fist at him.

"[censored],"Sarah said, laughing. "Happy place. Happy place." She opened up her eyes and Alice gave her a mirror. "Alice, you really are awesome."

"Let's see it!"Lyndsay said.

Sarah covered her neck with her hair and looked at Lyndsay. "Maybe next time."

Lyndsay frowned. "Oh pretty please."

"I think you'll have to find out for yourself,"Sarah said. She shrugged. "Its worth the excitement."

"See ya later Sarah. Bye Sarah's friend and Sarah's other friend,"Alice said, wiping her hands and closing the door.

"It's Nel and Lyndsay. Thank you for asking,"Nel said quietly. Sarah grinned. After that tattoo, she felt a little more Dauntless. She stood up straight and grinned.
"Looks like Sarah's enjoying her tattoo,"Lyndsay said. She heartily jumped onto her mattress and pulled the covers. She looked around finding everyone else already asleep. "Night Nel, Night Sarah,"she said, and she was out.

Sarah, as usual couldn't sleep. She touched her neck, and winced. She looked at everybody else. They were asleep. She tried closing her eyes and hoped sleep would drift over her. She woke up with a sudden gasp, she didn't even think about the whole Divergent thing. She gulped. I am Dauntless. Suddenly, they were all woken up at 3 am in the morning by Drew and other instructors.

"Wake up!"Drew said clapping his hands to make a loud noise. Lyndsay yawned and the others moaned as they got up, annoyed. "Tomorrow--err..today,"he said looking at the sky. "Is Visiting Day. And by some miracle some of your parents show up...remember not to show any emotions at all." He pointed a finger at the ceiling. "Faction before blood. I suggest you get ready." Then he and the other instructors left as they got changed.

Sarah wasn't complaining like the others, since she was already awake. She rummaged through her drawer and pulled out a Dauntless uniform. She had pulled out a black tanktop and a black leather jacket covering the tanktop. Underneath, she wore black tights. She tied up her hair in a high ponytail, then paused for a few moments. She let the ponytail go, revealing her hair.

"Wow, you look super hot,"Lyndsay said. "And I speak the truth...cuz, you know, I'm Candor!"she said."You should let out your hair more often."

"Hot is the right word,"Nel said. "I don't even know why I'm getting ready,"he said putting on a jacket. "It's not like I'm actually expecting them."

"Let's go out and actually find out,"Sarah said. The three of them walked out of the room together.
nalasimba83

The pain of being alone?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)