[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Ultimus (Private for Shadowfax and KingKivuli) — My Lion King Forum

Ultimus (Private for Shadowfax and KingKivuli)

Ultimus (Private for Shadowfax and KingKivuli)

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 28th, 2014, 8:52 pm

Spoiler: show
For information: http://www.mylionking.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=41957
I'm making my speech text bold because my laptop is playing up and it's making things harder to see (I haven't just zoomed out btw xD)

The basement's air was thick with the smell of smoke and drink, if it hadn't been for the ventilation up top the group of people wouldn't be able to stick around in there. For those who weren't used to it, the atmosphere could be almost overwhelming. Miles and Cassie Lytton had forced themselves to get used to it. Before the war, they wouldn't have ever been seen in a place like this. Miles had taking up smoking the occasional cigarette, much to the disgust of his little sister Cassie. She often sat with some sort of concoction of alcohol, given to her by habit, but she never really drank it.

The basement was huge. It was one of the basements of the power station, disguised as just another engineer's room. It was after hours on a Saturday evening, the best time and place to be able to hold a group meeting. Work typically finished at 7:30PM for most people, and you had to be off the streets by 10PM, so meetings lasted from when work finished to 9:30PM. The basement had a bar and plenty of seating and tables; it could easily hold a hundred people, but for now there were around thirty. Mostly men in there 20s-40s with one below and one above that age group. There were 4 other women, including Cassie and she was the youngest. There was a makeshift stage, individuals got up to lecture everyone else on their opinions. Lucky enough, everyone seemed to agree with each other. They were all there for the same cause; to grow and rebel against the government.

Dangerous as it was, the group was the first rebel group formed on the Ultimus islands, and their meeting place had remain unknown to the police force. They hadn't caused any trouble, and at first, when there were only a handful, they had just created rumours and whispers to generate support. Now they had regulars and the occasional visitor. The long term members were deemed the people in charge, but no one was keen to take responsibility for the group.

"About the current talk of leadership among us..." Miles began, for he chose to take the stand on the stage tonight. "We are fighting to eradicate the dictatorship" he said with a sense of purpose in his voice which made Cassie proud and made every one glow. "So to even think of having one high and mighty leader would be hypocrisy" he stated to the room. A blue eyed Irish man turned to him from the bar and grinned. "Who here would even think that?" Miles grinned back.

"Oh, I don't know Kade. I bet you wouldn't mind running all this yourself, whisky in one hand, police baton in the other" he said jokingly, causing a few laughs, knowing that the chief of police Matt walked around with his police baton out and a bottle of whiskey in his jacket. He was a constant source of mockery, but he wasn't a force to be reckoned with. "Besides, I can't see any newcomers. Still, the night is early". He began talking again to the crowd again. It was the more boring stuff, so after a few minutes his sister lost her focus. Cassie's eyes shot to the opening door of the basement. Someone had been let in by the door guard.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

I'm getting there, one clumsy step at a time

Nickname(s): Amy
Pride Points: 149

Re: Ultimus (Private for Shadowfax and KingKivuli)

Postby Shadowfax » August 29th, 2014, 8:17 pm

"Sam, i'm going out. There's a pot of pasta in the fridge for your dinner. I won't be long" Ashelin, a woman in her mid 20's called up the stairs to a young boy who was currently sat with a book in his hand.

"Alright Ash" The boy called back, not alot of life in his voice.

Ash shrugged and heaved a low sigh as she threw on her leather jacket and headed out into the night. The air was cold so she zipped her jacket right up before proceeding.

Even if she got caught out after hours, she wouldn't be beaten or told off. In-fact, that was one of the few perks she had being in the police force here. Recently however, Ashelin felt the government and police force was getting too much so going on rumors and whispers, she had decided to attend one of the 'rebel' meetings she had heard of. Ashelin was interested to see what the citizens had to say and she would also play the role of spy if need be. But if they were a bunch of fools she would see they were talked out of it.

When she got down the street, she lit herself a cigarette, a habit that she had obtained since working here on the islands. She paused as she saw a man standing at the door. Approaching casually she stopped infront of him.

"Evening, I'm here for the meeting" She informed him.

The man searched her, checking she had no weapons or devices before nodding her to go in. Ashelin walked past him and into the room where there was a deadly silence as she entered. First thought was she had walked into a trap, but she kept her cool and proceeded to walk to one of the tables and sit herself down.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 29th, 2014, 8:38 pm

Most eyes followed the new face to where she sat, before hestitantly looking back at Miles, who had also paused for a few moments to watch her. Before long, Miles began talking again. He wasn't doing one of his moral boosting hard-hitting speeches tonight. He was just talking about a few nutrition laws, and the way he thought the farms needed to be run. Everyone still listened with an interest; everything anyone said was valuable.

Well, almost everyone. Kade and Cassie were still staring at their new arrival; Cassie was curious more than anything. She admired any woman who decided to come along. Women had a few more limitations, something Cassie was furious about. The islands were full of prejudice; most members of the islands thought prejudice would die out in this new world, apparently not. Kade was staring for an entirely different reason. He had seen her face before. He had an awful feeling in his gut, which for once wasn't alcohol, that this woman was part of the police.

He got off his stool and walked over to Cassie, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Will you sit and speak to her? I have a feeling she isn't one of our lot" he said quietly. Cassie knew what he meant, but she felt a pang of guilt. She and Miles weren't really one of the 'their lot', the labourers. They lived much better then Kade, or anyone else there. They even lived better then some of the police officers.

The teenager eventually nodded, "I'll give you a nod if she's acting peculiarly". Kade stood back and Cassie stood up. She moved towards the woman, not going unnoticed by her brother. She sat beside her. "Welcome" she said quietly to not disturb her brothers speech. She smiled, but not enthusiastically. "Can I get you a drink?" she asked, concious that her accent sounded odd against the backdrop of less well spoken, varied voices. Kade listened from a distance. He was waiting for Miles to finish; he had a few things to say if his hunch was correct.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby Shadowfax » August 30th, 2014, 3:04 pm

Even though they were not looking at her, Ashelin sensed that all the eyes in the room were on her. She tried not to let that put her on edge however and merely blended in as best she could. It wasn't long after she arrived that a teenager was approaching her. Probably there to suss her out and work out whether she was here as a spy or a normal citizen. Still, Ashelin thought she had better play along with their little game and try not to arouse suspicion.

"Sure, i'll have anything with vodka in it.. That is if you've got any here.. Stuffs hard to come by these days" Ashelin said honestly.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 30th, 2014, 11:17 pm

Cassie couldn't see anything wrong with how she responded; she sounded genuine. Cassie wasn't going to be so quick to judge anyway. At her response, the teenager turned and reached for her glass of drink, which she hadn't touched. She knew it had vodka in it, so she slid it across the table to the woman. "I haven't touched it" she lent back in her chair and sighed "I wouldn't be able to drink that to save my life". She couldn't think why anyone enjoyed it. Anything she had been given here made her throat burn. She just wasn't used to it.

She made quick eye contact with Kade and shrugged subtlety. He cursed to himself. He was almost sure she was a member of the force. He put his drink down and went to the front after Miles finished another sentence. "Hey bud, mind if I take the stand?" Miles shook his head. "Not at all". The two shared a solemn smile and Miles went to sit down, close to his sister. The Irish man addressed the group and quietened down to listen.

"Sorry to put a downer on things my friends, but we need to address something" he began, leaning on the wall behind the stage. "Few of you may know that the reason our usual bartender isn't here tonight isn't an innocent one. Our Mr Stokes is bed ridden at his lodge". Cassie and Miles shared a glance, and the people in the room fell grim with interest. "We all know that Mr Stokes has a family here. 3 young children, too young to work. His wife wasn't let in because she had cancer, weeks left to live, and most of us know how they parted".

Cassie frowned. She had been turned away, but insisted that her husband and children be let in without her. She got the boat back to mainland and probably died alone. Mr Stokes was heartbroken. "And so, we know that he's struggling to feed his kids. He works in medicine, and he seized the opportunity to earn a few more tokens without permission, hoping to treat his kids to a decent meal. Guess who found out?" A few people hissed and one person spat. "Someone reported him to the police. They beat him until he passed out, and didn't stop until they saw blood."

"Miles has been kind enough to give him tokens for the week" Kade looked at Miles fondly before continuing. "Something needs to change. It is disgusting. We get treated worse than the animals Miles looks after" he ranted, getting agreements from the group. "I don't know how anyone who works for that police force can live with themselves" he hissed, making brief eye contact with the new woman. "Matt Walker is a tyrant and his minions are mindless followers" Cassie nodded firmly as some others agreed again. "The sooner we as a group gain support, the sooner people who commit such brutality will be gone"
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby Shadowfax » August 31st, 2014, 12:19 pm

Without suspicion, Ashelin took the drink from the girl and sensed almost immediately that she had relaxed around her. However she knew that the suspicion was only temporarily off her, so she took a sip of her drink and her attention was soon focused on a new speaker in the room.

Ash felt her eyes widen as the Irish man mentioned the barman being attacked. She had been a witness to that brutality and had remembered that Matt had been the main beater then. The others in the force had joined in, but Ashelin had refused. She would not beat innocent people unless they attacked her. On Mr Stokes beating however, she had stepped in and managed to stop Matt before he beat the poor man to death. She had discreetly called the medics too.

Her gaze fell to her drink as the man mentioned the brutality of the police force. And at Matt's name she grit her teeth. She loathed that man, yet he was her leader. She sighed and looked up at the Irish man, locking eyes with him.

"What do you propose we do about the police force then? Though they are brutes, they aren't stupid nor will it be easy to overcome their power and resources. Do you have some sort of plan, or are you just here to talk fancy and tough?" Ashelin asked, not unkindly, but in a matter of fact sort of voice. She wanted to know if these people were serious, or just dreamers.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 31st, 2014, 1:36 pm

Kade gazed around the room for a few moments. Having picked up no signs, he gave up reluctantly. With a small sigh he rest his head against the wall, and was surprised when he heard a voice. He stood up straight and listened to the new woman. Cassie turned her head to look at her. She smiled a little when she spoke, and at Kade's expression. He knew the fancy talk was for show, but it had purpose.

"Look around you" he said back, also not unkindly. "We aren't enough" he sighed. Miles stood up and joined Kade up the front and started to speak beside him. "The way we are going to overcome them is to build up a substantial rival force. The only way we can do that is to gain popularity among the people...but the people are scared. You, my friend, are one of the braver ones to attend tonight" he said, looking at Ash. Kade looked at her too, still full of doubt. "We all have reasons for being here, and every other citizen has a reason to come as well. It's just a matter of them putting some will power behind their reason. To protect their families, for a fairer justice system, for a better life here. If we get enough people-".

"When, not if, we get enough people-" Kade corrected, "Then we're going to have to be just as strategic as the police are. We can't go in all guns blazing - it'll result in us being killed, or worse". Everyone didn't like to think about what 'worse' could be, but they knew Matt had the power to do anything. The actual leader of the islands kept himself to himself, but he condoned everything.
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby Shadowfax » August 31st, 2014, 7:48 pm

So they really are serious on taking out the police force and rebelling? They aren't just a bunch of deluded people after all. They are serious.. And also, they seem smart.... Still, that's not going to be enough especially against Matt and the entire force. Ashelin thought as they fell silent.

She had admiration for them, but without a solid plan, then there was no way they could start making moves on the police.

"Matt Walker's followers only follow him out of fear, he threatens them too on a daily basis if they don't do exactly what he says. He's the source of power, take him out and then his followers will scatter like lost sheep. Not alot of the police force think for themselves, they just act brutal and do whatever the hell Matt tells them to do. Eliminate Matt, or remove him from power, then we will have an advantage" She said folding her arms.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby UncoordinatedPisces » August 31st, 2014, 8:24 pm

Everyone agreed firmly. She had made an impression and Cassie certainly liked the way she spoke, whatever her background may be. Kade paused for a moment and then walked up to her. "There's only one way you were to know that" he spoke with a glint in his eye. "You are a member of the force" everyone's eyes fell on the woman. "But...I don't think what you're saying is false".

Miles smiled. "Neither do I. You are right; we do need to take out Matt. However, lost sheep can still be a threat. They get in the way of further things. If his followers remain loyal, then we're still going to need more of us. Especially when it comes to taking out the mystery man himself..." Kade put an arm on his shoulder. "Lets cross that bridge when we come to it. Maybe one day you'll actually meet the leader of these islands and put an end to him. You're the one with the most chance Miles".

"Actually, I think Miss Cassie is probably the one with the most chance of ending him. She works in the government building after all" a Spanish woman said from the back of the room. Miles frowned, he assumed the leader of the islands was just as messed up as Matt was. He didn't want Cassie near him. So he blanked the woman's comment but Cassie gave her a smile. She was vital in the system. She found out so much about future plans with the group of people who ran the islands.

"Anyway" Miles said, he stuck his hand out to the woman for a handshake. "Thank you for joining us". Kade gave her a dry smile from behind Miles. "I don't know what you'll be doing about your police situation, but if you're spying for them, there are ways we can find out. Ways that don't include Matt's methods" he threatened. He didn't want to be harsh, but it had to be said. "Also, you're name would be music to my ears if you want my trust".
UncoordinatedPisces
just an oddball

Postby Shadowfax » September 1st, 2014, 9:08 am

Ashelin didn't even flinch when Kade accused her of being a member of the force. She neither confirmed nor denied his accusation with her silence. But the fact they agreed with her made her feel slightly hopeful.

She turned towards Miles as he outstretched his hand and slowly, she took it and shook it.

"My names Ash. And yes, like your friend over there said, I am indeed a member of the police force. But don't get the wrong idea, I never wanted that position. I was thrown into it because of my military past. I hate them just as much as you all do and it is time for change" She said, then her eyes snapped round to Kade.

"We're not all mindless minions" She growled.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Next

Return to Role Play (OT)