[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
View topic - Hunger Games - Shadowfax and Queen Elsa — My Lion King Forum

Hunger Games - Shadowfax and Queen Elsa

Re: Hunger Games - Shadowfax and Queen Elsa

Postby Queen Elsa » March 16th, 2015, 9:42 pm

(Okay. I'll do it either in the next post or the post after that, depending on the amount of time I have. =P)

Pearl Mellark

Instead of calming my nerves, the tea seemed to have energized them more. What would the Games be like? Would I kill anyone? I was sure that was a must in the Games if I wanted to stay alive and win. Would I have to kill any of my allies? Would I make any allies period? What would the arena be like? Would I be like my mother once it was all said and done? What would happen to Mom and PJ if I died? If I went in, would any of my family or friends watch, or would they refuse to, finding it too difficult to do?

I took one last sip of my tea and put the cup on the counter before heading upstairs to get changed. The sun wasn't up yet, but it would be up soon, and there was no point in trying to sleep now. I would just have to hope that I could make it through the rest of the dah.

Once I was ready, I knocked on PJ's door and walked in. "PJ. PJ, time to wake up. School will be starting shortly." He slowly opened his eyes and yawned while stretching. I turned on the light so that it would be easier to move around before exiting the room and walking back down to the kitchen to make breakfast for the two of us.
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

Your father, your tribe, your best friend

Nickname(s): Elsa, NKL, NalaKiaraLuver, QE, QI, Bulma
Pride Points: 57

Postby Shadowfax » March 17th, 2015, 2:19 pm

(Alrighty. Ryan's just gonna be mooching around haha. Not got alot planned for any of my three now till the reaping)

Ryan

Once he was soaked through, Ryan no longer cared about the weather and the wind that went right through him occasionally made him shiver but he ignored it as best he could. Having spent alot of time up in these mountains, he knew where all the best nests were and his main targets today were pigeons eggs and golden eagles. Golden eagles were hard to come by, but pigeons eggs were generally easy to find.

Before long he could see his first nest and as expected he found five eggs freshly laid. He nodded to himself knowing these were going to be edable and fetch him a bit of money at the markets. Carefully be packed them into his bag before moving on to find golden eagles. If he could capture one of those he would be able to eat well for a week.

As he rounded a corner his foot suddenly gave way. Then everything went in slow motion as he slowly slipped down the cliff. As he fell, he felt around, desperately trying to find a piece of rock to cling on to. Was this it? Was this how he was going to die? No. Ryan luckily managed to get hold of a piece of rock sticking out of the wall of the cliff. Sweat dripped down his brow and his heart was racing with the adrenaline.

"Im alive..." He muttered to himself, but for how long he had no idea unless he found a way back up the cliff or safely down the cliff...
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Years of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membershipYears of membership

And good luck will find you.

Pride Points: 182

Postby Queen Elsa » March 17th, 2015, 9:18 pm

(Haha. Okay. I was trying to combine the last two stories, but I don't have enough time to do so. I'll try finishing it up in the next post, and then we can skip to the Reaping if you want.)

Pearl Mellark

The day was a boring, uneventful one. Everyone was still talking about the revival of the Games, but I was more focused on the story Mom had told me. I couldn't stop thinking about it, no matter what I was doing. Including trying to sleep. After trying for about two hours that night, I went downstairs to get tea like I had the night before, and was surprised to see my mom sitting at the table.

"Couldn't sleep?" she asked. I shook my head. "Neither could I. Do you want me to continue the story?"

"Yes. Just give me a second," I replied, making the tea before sitting at the table. "All right. I'm ready." She smiled for a brief second, and then continued from where she had left off.

"When we returned here, your grandmother, aunt, and I moved into this area of the district, along with your father and his side of the family. For six months, nothing exciting happened. But then, when the sixth month came around, that's when everything began picking up pace. I had just come back from hunting in the forest the day I was supposed to go on the Victory Tour with Peeta. When I walked inside the house, there were two men there who led me to a room in the house where President Snow was waiting. He told me that the act with the berries had started a fire, and that I had to convince him and the rest of Panem that I did it out of love, not out of rebellion. I told Haymitch about it, and he told me some important information. That this whole 'star-crossed lovers' thing didn't end after this trip. Now that we were mentors, everyone would be wondering how we were doing. He implied that I would have to marry your father if I wanted to keep everyone I loved alive. I kept the meeting with Snow a secret from your father at first. I didn't know how dangerous not telling him would be.

"When we arrived in District 11, your father began his speech, although he didn't pull out any of the cards Effie had given us. Instead, at the end, he offered the tributes' families to receive one month of our winnings every year for the duration of our lives. I told the story of how the boy from that district had saved my life, and how Rue became a valued ally for me during the Games. After that, an old man whistled the four-note tune that signaled the end of a day in that district. And then they all did the three-finger salute. The mayor led us into the Justice Building, and that's when I remembered the bouquet I had left on the stage. Peeta and I went back to get it, and that's when I saw two Peacekeepers bring up the old man and shoot him.

"Haymitch took us up to a private room in the building, and that's when Peeta found out about the conversation I had with Snow. He was angry, as you can probably guess." I nodded. I had seen what he was like when he found out someone was keeping a secret. "After that, we continued going from district to district. When we arrived at the Capitol, as our last act to try and convince everyone that the act was out of love, not rebellion, your father did a fake proposal. However, it wasn't enough for Snow or anyone else.

"When we arrived back here, I had seen something in the mayor's office. I looked and saw that it was a taping of District 8 rebelling. I told Gale Hawthorne and Peeta about my plan to run away, and asked if they would join me. Peeta agreed, but Gale said he was staying here to start his own rebellion here. Things became worse around here, though. More Peacekeepers came here. They were stricter than the previous ones. Then they kept the fence around the district on all of the time, so I wasn't able to go out to hunt.

"One night, while they were showing the different wedding dresses so that Panem could vote on which one for me to wear, Snow came on with the announcement for the third Quarter Quell - the tributes would be reaped from the previous victors. I went back into the Games.

"During the interview before we were thrown into the Games, Cinna, my stylist during the Games, had me wear the wedding dress that had won to be worn for the wedding that didn't happen. When I spun around, it changed into a black dress with feathers on the sleeves to resemble a mockingjay. Cinna was killed for that." She paused, calming herself down, before continuing. "Then your father came on stage, and he announced to everyone that I was pregnant, so then during the Games everyone who was on our side protected me and made sure I didn't overdo it. As a final gesture, all of us grabbed hands and raised them high in the hair so everyone could see.

"The beginning of the Games wasn't very eventful. It was the normal routine. That is, until your father walked right into a force field. Finnick Odair restarted his heart. My reaction to that had been what Snow was looking for when he asked me to convince him about the whole act. And it's what led to later events."

"What was your reaction?" I cut in. She thought for a moment on how to describe it.

"Panic mixed with sadness," she replied. I nodded, and she continued on. "So, the four of us continued through the arena, with me leading the way because I had lied and said that my fixed ear had been how I knew the shield was there, so that I didn't give up the District 3 tributes' secret."

"Wait, four?" I asked. I had only counted three.

"Yes. Me, your father, Finnick, and then Mags, an elderly woman from Finnick's district," she explained. "We decided to stop and rest for a few hours. But when I woke up, there was a fog around us. Poisonous fog. There were many blisters all over our skin from it. Mags sacrificed herself and walked into the fog so the rest of us could get to safety. We were able to escape the fog and detoxify our bodies from the poison, but that was it, because right after that, a whole group of monkeys attacked us. The next day, we were joined by Johanna Mason and the two tributes from 3. They were drenched in blood. Johanna told us that it had been raining blood in the jungle, and that's how they got soaked. The female tribute from 3 kept repeating the words 'tick tock.' Johanna thought she was in shock, but really, she was giving us a clue. The arena was a clock. With every hour, there came a new obstacle to face if you were in that hour's wedge.

"There were a few other obstacles we ran into, and at one point the Cornucopia turned so we couldn't tell what time it was until we either saw the wave or lightning strike the tree. The wave always happened at ten, and the lightning at twelve.

"The last night in the arena, Beetee, the male tribute from District 3, came up with the plan to tie wire to the tree and put it in the seawater, that way, when the lightning bolt hit the tree, everyone on the beach at that time would be electrocuted. The plan sort of failed. Peeta had stayed with Finnick and Beetee while I went with Johanna, carrying the wire down to the beach. But along the way, the wire was cut by someone. I was about to take out my arrow and shoot whomever it was when Johanna hit me and cut my left forearm.

"I went back to the tree to try and find your father. When I reached it, I found a piece of wire attached to the tree. I tied the wire around an arrow and shot it up into the air, damaging the force field. The lightning strike had a big impact on me, as well, and I was knocked unconscious. The next thing I knew, I was on a hovercraft with Beetee, Finnick, Haymitch, and the Head Gamemaker of the Quarter Quell, Plutarch Heavensbee. Your father and Johanna had been taken by the Capitol. Because I tried attacking Haymitch for not saving Peeta, I was knocked out with an injection. When I fully came back to consciousness, Gale was there, waiting for me. He was the one who told me that District 12 had been bombed."

She looked out the window to see the sun was rising. "Well, you better start getting ready for school. I'll finish up the story later. Have a good day." She kissed me on the head before walking out of the kitchen and into her bedroom. I sat at the table for a few more minutes, taking in everything she had told me. This is what we were going back into?
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Postby Shadowfax » March 18th, 2015, 6:01 pm

Ryan

Ryan's eyes frantically searched around for some way to get back up the cliff. If he descended downwards, it would take him at least a day to get back to the District and he knew Peace Keepers would be on the roads so he would rather not risk that. His life was literally hanging in the balance.

"Damn it.." he muttered to himself as his arms began to weaken.

He eventually managed to find a small gap in the wall just to his left which he grabbed hold of and could thankfully see a way back up the cliff with branches and gaps in the rock to help him up. Exhausted and arms feeling like they were about to drop off, he slowly began to climb upwards not once daring to look down below him. Despite the peril he was in, Ryan remained surprisingly calm and as he climbed he wondered if he perhaps had the right sort of head for the Hunger Games?

When he reached the top of the cliff he threw himself over the top and breathed a sigh of relief as the life came back to his arms. It took him a while to catch his breath, but eventually he laughed with relief and sat up to look at the cliff he had just climbed up.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Queen Elsa » March 18th, 2015, 11:35 pm

(Okay. I'm skipping the MJ part. I never cared for the book and I can't find my copy. So I'm just going to skip to the Reaping.)

Pearl Mellark

I woke up later than usual the morning of Reaping Day. Last night had been the first night that I was actually able to sleep, ironically. My mom had finished her story about what she had done to stop the Games, and it explained a lot: why my dad used to grip whatever was next to him and shake before calming down, and what happened to some of the most important people known to Panem, like Finnick Odair.

As I looked around my room, I noticed one of my mother's dresses lying on the edge of the bed. It was dark red with pockets. I smiled. I loved dresses with pockets. They were always convenient. I had taken a bath laat night, so I didn't need to take one this morning. I changed into the red dress and brushed my hair, braiding it and putting it into a bun.

"Are you ready?" my mom asked from the doorway. "I have some breakfast ready downstairs for you to eat before we head out."

"Yeah. I'll be right down," I said, slipping on some flats. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and grabbed my plate, which consisted of cheese and bread.

"I know, it's not much, but you slept in too late and we have to hurry," she explained. I nodded and ate the bread first. I didn't try to think about the fact that this would probably be the last meal I had here.

Twenty minutes later, and I was standing in the square with many other teens. Of course, Kayla and Melissa stood next to me, talking my ears off.

"I hope I get picked!" Kayla exclaimed.

"You won't," I stated.

"How do you know?" Melissa asked. I simply shrugged.

"Welcome, everyone!" A lady wearing all purple greeted. "Welcome to the first year of the return of the Hunger Games." She went through the normal ritual before drawing names.

"Ladies first," she announced. I took a deep breath and waited as she grabbed the slip and walked back to the podium to read the name. "Pearl Mellark." I knew it was going to happen, but my friends didn't. Melissa and Kayla both gasped and looked at me, startled. I didn't dare look at them, though, in case I broke down in tears. Instead, I walked up to the stage.
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Postby Shadowfax » March 19th, 2015, 11:37 am

(Before I reply are the districts all reaped at the same time or is it done one by one? Im either gonna reply with my chars watching the district 12 reaping or have one of mine picked :3)
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Queen Elsa » March 19th, 2015, 12:16 pm

(I like the idea of it being done one by one. I don't think they ever explained how that works in the books. So go for it. =) I think that will be interesting. =D)
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Postby Shadowfax » March 19th, 2015, 3:45 pm

(Alrighty =3)

Ryan

The day of the Reaping had come quicker than Ryan had thought. They were doing the reaping ceremonies over the course of five days and todays districts were 13, 12 and 11. Ryan knew that they had a few more days before their own reaping ceremony, but the crowds in the main district were still out watching the big screen in the middle of the town. Ryan himself was sitting on the roof of one of the largest houses in the District, his view of the screen perfect. He looked down, amused to see people pushing and shoving one another to get a better view of who was being picked.

Ryan had missed District 13's tributes, but he was currently watching the screen of District 12's groups of teens awaiting two names to be called. The scene seemed so depressing, yet there were some that even looked excited as the camera panned along the crowds, trying to film everyones faces. The woman doing the reaping then began to speak and Ryan felt sickened at how excited she sounded. 'Ladies first' She had said, dipping her skinny little fingers into the jar of the slips of paper.

"Pearl Mellark" Was the name she called out and Ryan lowered the apple he was eating from his mouth, starting at the screen with slight disbelief. Surely this was fixed... Katniss and Peeta's daughter being picked for the games? Hadn't their parents done enough to entertain the capitol to spare their children this horrendous thing? Ryan felt angry, but as the camera finally found Pearl in the crowd his eyes widened.... She looked just like the girl in his dream the other night.

Amber

Down below on the streets, Amber and her father had prime positions in the crowd and were sitting down watching the reaping on District 12. Amber was looking through the crowds of tributes muttering things like;

"Oh she wouldn't last two minutes" "Look at him! He's too skinny" or "I'd be insulted if I had to fight them!"

When they eventually called Pearl's name out, Amber's smirk broadened and she looked at her father. He sighed slightly however as if feeling sorry for her, not to mention her mother who had already been put through this enough.

"Oh... how wonderful" Amber said turning back to the screen.

Theo

Theo and his brothers were also awaiting the arrival of their reaping reporter. The family were so poor that the best clothes they had were no more than casual clothes to you and I. Theo had found a tie to wear, though it had a large tear at the base of it so made him look tattier rather than smarter. Still, he wore it thinking and feeling he was smart.

"I suppose we should head out soon... The reaping will be in two hours time" Theo's father said sounding rather worried at the prospect.

Theo nodded and went to get his brothers motivated.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

Postby Queen Elsa » March 19th, 2015, 5:14 pm

(I like how you are doing five days for the Reaping, and bringing in 13. :D)

Ricella Burns

I joined everyone in the square to watch the reapings. District 13's was first, but none of them striked me as being important. My guess was they would probably die in the bloodbath. When it moved to District 12, the girl was the one who caught my attention. Pearl Mellark was her name. I knew the history with her parents, Peeta and Katniss. The tributes who had gone in two years in a row together. The star-crossed lovers of District 12. I always gagged at that title. Love was nothing to be proud of. Despite what everyone says, I think Katniss just stuck around with him all of those years because she felt bad for everything that he had been through because of her. Love wasn't real. If it was, then why did everyone ignore me like I was invisible? Because no one cares about anyone but themselves. That's how it works.

Gabriel Seif

I watched the reapings for 13 and 12. I had to leave right after Pearl had been chosen, but I had been able to see enough. District 11 has always been weak, so I didn't care who got picked with them. I would be able to defeat them. But I knew I would have to be careful with this Pearl girl. Her father had the wits while her mother had the skills. Either one of those could really help her in the Games, and both of those together would make her invincible. I made a mental note to see if she would want to be my ally. Hopefully she wasn't a stubborn girl.
Queen Elsa
You've lost everything

Postby Shadowfax » March 19th, 2015, 9:56 pm

Theo

Theo gulped as he stood in the crowded district. He had never been one for crowds and the silence that engulfed them made him feel so nervous that he was visibly shaking. The announcer's voice boomed out across the district as she introduced herself. She wore all green, nails bright lime and a feathery hat upon a mop of dyed green hair. Theo thought she looked a bit like a tree, but that tree was about to call out the first name, the boy tribute first.

"Theo Johnson!"

Theo's eyes nearly leapt from their sockets. He desperately looked round as if half expecting someone to volunteer for him. But nothing. Just silence and the eyes of the few people he knew falling on him. Time seemed to freeze as he stood isolated, not being able to move. His younger brother of twelve gripped his hand, worry filling his eyes.

"Theo? Where are you boy?" The woman called from the front again.

The cameras fell on him and shakily, Theo began to make his way to the stage.

Ryan and Amber

Amber laughed as she saw Theo on the screen and made another snide remark on how he wasn't going to be a threat to her if she were chosen.

Up on the roof however, Ryan pitied him and saw how his younger brother didn't want to let go of his older brothers hand. That poor boy was leaving his entire family behind to be potentially slaughtered. That thought was a depressing.
Shadowfax
Never give up;

PreviousNext

Return to Role Play (OT)